1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Hrmm.. even if that suit shows up for a second in the film, HT could possibly jump on it.

Maybe it's time for me to sell my second bats.

So how stoked are you for The Dark Knight Rises, and the related figures that will come from it? :panic:

oh i cant wait!! im sure it'll be awesome-and i'll get some of the figuresd and since its the last one, I won't have to worry about continually buying theese things lol! But i cant wait for this movie!!!

The thing im looking forward to is the new improved Christian Bale sculpt.Hot Toys have come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years this one should be perfect!

The thing im looking forward to is the new improved Christian Bale sculpt.Hot Toys have come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years this one should be perfect!

Needn't go any further than Adam's sculpt - HT is not going to top that.

As for that TDKR image - if that's a figure, I bloody well want it now! Looks amazing!

Im thinking it could be a new suit. Look at the gauntlets. Looks like one row of fins instead of two. Coukd be the angle of his arms hiding the other row, but just guessing...

Looks the same suit to me - the rendering of the leg armour looks slightly different. The gauntlets still have 2 rows - visible on the left arm

HT can milk a 3rd figure from the 3rd Movie
post-5392-1308032358.jpg

...if that's a figure, I bloody well want it now! Looks amazing!

Seriously! Where did that thing come from? :google

Pic

Better angle - clearly some kind of painted or cgi concept, think a lot of it is the coloring/lighting, but it does look a little different than the TDK suit.

Last edited:

This is the kind of art that will be included on products such as toys and other merchandise.

The Dark Knight had the same concepts,

incredible-artwork-by-mark-fredrickson45.jpg

incredible-artwork-by-mark-fredrickson48.jpg

BMpic.jpg

BUT,

Before that the illustration artist rendered those pieces of art in the Batman Begins suit,

tdkbasicor0pu2.jpg

mtm2793algli5td9.jpg

TDK_CARDED.jpg

So that's probably just a place holder until they reveal the new suit. Then, like with TDK, they'll just render over it for fruit snacks, mattel, etc.

Last edited:

Looks like the TDK suit to me.
Reminds me of the Kotobukiya TDK statues....

It does - but the difference being this one looks to be in much more realistic and accurate proportions - I hope it's an actual licensed piece that we wills being offered. Looks great

BUT,

Before that the illustration artist rendered those pieces of art in the Batman Begins suit,

...So that's probably just a place holder until they reveal the new suit. Then, like with TDK, they'll just render over it for fruit snacks, mattel, etc.

Good point.

Last edited:

I don't know if it's a placeholder although good point that Begins costume stuff was used with TDK figures early on.

But then again the Begins suit did appear in TDK as I think the TDK one will appear in TDKR. I think the story will probably call for a further upgrade to the suit in the 2nd/3rd Act.

As for that TDKR image - if that's a figure, I bloody well want it now! Looks amazing!

It looks more like 3D but better 3D than the ones DiFab posted. Look at the thighs to knees. The figure wouldn't look like a human leg when bent. The difference in colours from the mesh to plates. The short ears. Look how flat the chest is to the stomach. The belt couldn't sink into the thigh like that unless you actually held it from springing back. If you did you couldn't get away with that as it would bust up the paint coating. The shape of the longer lifelike boots as well as the heavy tread on the soles.

The DOF greatly enhances it in making it look like a figure. Or they have rendered it with DOF plus a tilt shift look.

Or Bale has been back in the suit shooting new stills while the effects created for these little fliers.

Tilt-Shift_Miatas.jpg

ts1.jpg

Last edited:

Vodoun - Yeah the more I look at it the more it becomes clear that it's just a really good 3D render

Are the images you posted also 3D? Look real!

Back