1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Same. But everyone keeps saying the "oil" is used to keep the new rubber suit from deteriorating, So im not to sure how Hot Toys is going to fix the problem by removing the liquid substance.

nobody yet knows where it is from :(
But no matter what it is there are only two scenarios that I can think of:
1. the residue is suppose to be part of the compound of the rubber (as most rubber/plastics are made with some component of an oil or a derivative of it) and hence if it is breaking out of the compound it spells doom for the material in the long term as it is suppose to keep the material flexible
2. residue is from another source like some guess is some grease from the TT itself, an agent used to ease the assembly of the rubber onto the TT or from the process of molding or releasing the rubber itself and in all of these cases this residue would not be an integral part of the rubber itself and hence would not have any long term impact on the suit as long as it dissipates and does not destroy the rubber in the process of surfacing and removal

Last edited:

everyone keeps saying the "oil" is used to keep the new rubber suit from deteriorating, So im not to sure how Hot Toys is going to fix the problem by removing the liquid substance.

It's all just guessing that we're doing. None of us has a definitive answer of what the substance, what cauese it, how to stop it or if it's meant to be.

We're just throwing out every idea we can in hopes that some idea will eventually reach a conclusion that can result in people being able to have a DX Batman that isn't plagued by this problem. It's one of the best figures ever from Hot Toys, if this stupid issue can just be dealt with, there's a lot of enjoyment to get out of this figure.

LMAO -- oily substance ROCKS!!!!!!!!

ENJOY the beauty that is HT DX Batman!

It's all just guessing that we're doing. None of us has a definitive answer of what the substance, what cauese it, how to stop it or if it's meant to be.

We're just throwing out every idea we can in hopes that some idea will eventually reach a conclusion that can result in people being able to have a DX Batman that isn't plagued by this problem. It's one of the best figures ever from Hot Toys, if this stupid issue can just be dealt with, there's a lot of enjoyment to get out of this figure.

It's also proven Hot Toys don't want us to know either. All we keep getting is their it wont ruin your collectible experience guff.

It's always the same when people hide things away, it means it's bad.

Bad, or a fair ammount of the time, it also means they just can't be bothered. With all the new stuff they're working on and other figures in production right now and still running this figure through for DCD, it wouldn't surprise me if after all the mess about the flaking and warping that they didn't just look at this issue and think, whatever just shut up already it'll be fine. As has been said before, it could be costly for them to really research this and fix and they might just not want to be bothered with this figure anymore, it's been a trainwreck for them, I can't think of any figure of theirs that's been this problematic right from the day it gets into collector hands.

I've certainly lost some faith in Hot Toys if things go wrong with their figures. When the John Connor incident happened, I thought great, they went the distance to correct it, stopping production, giving everyone the new and better heads, even when they said they'd fix Batman's warping and flaking problems and people were getting figures without it, I thought great, they take care of their mistakes, but their attitude on this latest problem shows that there is apparently a point where they throw in the towel and stop working hard to provide collectors with a quality product.

After reading some of the posts in the "poll" thread, I placed a cotton round (pretty much just a makeup pad from the grocery store) cut to size behind the ab plates on Sunday morning and so far so good, no oily residue. We'll see what happens in a few more days. However, mine doesn't leak nearly as bad as some of the others I've seen.

I do think anyone expecting this to be completely solved for the DC Direct batch is going to be severely disappointed.

It's also proven Hot Toys don't want us to know either. All we keep getting is their it wont ruin your collectible experience guff.

YOU:gun :confused: HULK

Bad, or a fair ammount of the time, it also means they just can't be bothered. With all the new stuff they're working on and other figures in production right now and still running this figure through for DCD, it wouldn't surprise me if after all the mess about the flaking and warping that they didn't just look at this issue and think, whatever just shut up already it'll be fine. As has been said before, it could be costly for them to really research this and fix and they might just not want to be bothered with this figure anymore, it's been a trainwreck for them, I can't think of any figure of theirs that's been this problematic right from the day it gets into collector hands.

I've certainly lost some faith in Hot Toys if things go wrong with their figures. When the John Connor incident happened, I thought great, they went the distance to correct it, stopping production, giving everyone the new and better heads, even when they said they'd fix Batman's warping and flaking problems and people were getting figures without it, I thought great, they take care of their mistakes, but their attitude on this latest problem shows that there is apparently a point where they throw in the towel and stop working hard to provide collectors with a quality product.

Agreed MF. It was such a suprise (happy one at the time) that they released DX Batman earlier than expected, but with that came so many issues that really ruin a great figure. They unfortunatley screwed the pooch on this one when they could have taken their time and released it when everything is perfect or as close as could be.

Instead of being in discussions like Wolvie, Blade, and DX Joker as one of the best recent figs, its been reduced to being in the same breath as the HT Aliens problems, Ed-209 problems, etc. :(

I really like Batman too, and here's hoping to the DCD batch. Wont hold my breath though. :sick

I think this was posted before...

Was just looking on eddie's site to see...

eddie 2010 March 13th 2:05 pm
Hello Eddie,

Sorry for keep you waiting!
Please note that your replacement has been sent out by a registered airmail.

Please kindly noted that the oil leakage problem has been greatly improved in the replacement body that we are sending to you.
There may be slim chances of leakage, but it shall not cause much inconvenience to your enjoyment of the collectible figure.

Should you have further question or problem of receiving the parcel, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks with regards,
SA/ HOT TOYS LTD.

i think it's a oil based paint and the pressure from what ever is touching it is pressing the oil out of the paint. Because if u think about it, its only the kevlar parts. Sill lovin the figure just wish more pics of it was up

it's too much oil to be coming from that little bit of paint

Geil, indeed. It's not the kevlar thats oozing. If it was the kevlar every kevlar plate would be wet and the kevlar plates would be glistening not the black rubber.

Those kevlar plates are not paint as such. It's a form of a decal but tampo processed. I can never remember how you spell that.

https://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Tampo

I still don't understand how these makeup sponges supposedly solve it. A few people tried that and it was still oozing for them. Even below the suit it's dry. As we know. It has to be somewhere internal of the rubber that we just cannot see but it's coming out of the pours of the rubber. As well as for other people, it has stopped cleared up and started again. Stopped and started again to eventually stopped. It just doesn't make any sense. There's no pattern to it. I just cannot stop the left bicep.

Last edited:

Still waiting for my DX Bats, but wondering if this oil can be sucked out using a syringe with a very thin needle.

I'm not so sure it's not the kevlar plated that run below/ outline the ab plates...at least on mine. Whenever I take the belt off, that is the area that is actually wet & leaving marks behind the belt. I can actually blow on the ab plates & that goes away.

I tend to think that it's a problem that manifests itself in different ways on different figures. For example, I have no oil on the bicep plates.

How come these areas never ever get wet then?

armor2copy3.jpg

This picture is kind of shocking. I'm almost cancelling my 6 month old pre-order.

Don't worry. Hot Toys says it wont ruin your collectible experience. ¬_¬

armor2copy3.jpg

When I first received mine, there were no paint flaking so I assumed it's 2nd batch. But there were small oil leaking on all 4 abs. So I wiped them off gently with a cotton cloth. They disappeared for about 2 days, and now it's exaclty like the picture above.
It puzzles me as to why the other 3 abs are no longer leaking oil but now it's only the lower left ab that is. :confused:

After reading some of the posts in the "poll" thread, I placed a cotton round (pretty much just a makeup pad from the grocery store) cut to size behind the ab plates on Sunday morning and so far so good, no oily residue. We'll see what happens in a few more days. However, mine doesn't leak nearly as bad as some of the others I've seen.

I do think anyone expecting this to be completely solved for the DC Direct batch is going to be severely disappointed.

I hope at least they will make things better and the Bat won't be leaking as hell. Fingers crossed! I will be so pissed off if HT will just dare to release the same figure with the same problem in the 3rd batch . It is just not acceptable.

armor2copy3.jpg

Jesus! What happaned with the paint? Is that from the first or the second batch?

Last edited:
Back