MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They usually put up stuff from SSC/HT later in the day, like around 4-6pm PST.

Alter Ego already has it up though, $295 but with NRD.

Awesome, thanks pal. I have a PO secured at bbts and when another site has 'im up for cheaper, I'll cancel and switch. It will be...delightful.

Still on the fence about the construction piece though. Its not in diecast, is it ?

Awesome, thanks pal. I have a PO secured at bbts and when another site has 'im up for cheaper, I'll cancel and switch. It will be...delightful.

Still on the fence about the construction piece though. Its not in diecast, is it ?

Probably not, it doesn't say DC on any of the promo pics and it's only $149.99, $144.99 at Alter Ego.

Probably not, it doesn't say DC on any of the promo pics and it's only $149.99, $144.99 at Alter Ego.
Yeah, you're right.

Until the day HT releases a diecast IV (and you know it'll happen......eventually), this will be the DEFINITIVE IM Figure.

Ordered. The original red :) Missed the first release, so this one is a must.

The mark iii bd version was actually my first hot toy. I'm not a nostalgic person so I sold it as soon as the improved armors started coming out, but I wouldn't mind putting the mark iii back in my collection. I really wish they would modify the waist to allow articulation though. The waist articulation is so crucial for achieving natural dynamic poses.

Yeah, you're right.

Until the day HT releases a diecast IV (and you know it'll happen......eventually), this will be the DEFINITIVE IM Figure.

I just hope that the diecast mark iii and inevitable mark iv and vi don't have the same pink panty issue. I sold my mark iv because I didn't want to risk waiting for it to happen.

The mark iii bd version was actually my first hot toy. I'm not a nostalgic person so I sold it as soon as the improved armors started coming out, but I wouldn't mind putting the mark iii back in my collection. I really wish they would modify the waist to allow articulation though. The waist articulation is so crucial for achieving natural dynamic poses.

I did same, sold mine, then regretted it - My Mark I, VI, VII, and Python look incomplete without the original, so I am very happy to get this. And being a sucker for exclusives, this was ordered as soon as I saw the email.
As for waist articulation - When it comes to the original red, I don't really care, as it will be the center of my display in this pose, which I think is perfect:
902224-iron-man-mark-iii-002.jpg

I just hope that the diecast mark iii and inevitable mark iv and vi don't have the same pink panty issue. I sold my mark iv because I didn't want to risk waiting for it to happen.
All the codpieces with the diecast line are PVC, which is apparently immune to fading. That issue is why I never bought any of the original red/gold releases.

All the codpieces with the diecast line are PVC, which is apparently immune to fading. That issue is why I never bought any of the original red/gold releases.

I think their just plain plastic (ABS?) the ones that faded on the mk 4/6 are pvc or rubberized pvc... mk5 and 7 have a different harder hybrid, though still not plastic, and havent faded yet

Ohhh, good point. Yes, I believe you are correct and they are ABS. Has been a super long time since I read that diecast announcement, so I conflated the two. Good catch!

Ohhh, good point. Yes, I believe you are correct and they are ABS. Has been a super long time since I read that diecast announcement, so I conflated the two. Good catch!

Its ok, I dont know specific mixture names, im sure HT's has tried a few over the years :lol

Seems the issue has been resolved though, personally my mk 4 and 6 never faded so I have zero complaints

There's fading reports in 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. PI's Diecast Mk 7 is prone to fading, so it's a toss up as to whether this fades or not.

There's fading reports in 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. PI's Diecast Mk 7 is prone to fading, so it's a toss up as to whether this fades or not.

5 and 7... really!? never seen one, I was actually pounding through the mk 7 thread all day yesterday (like just over 1000 pages) and didnt see anything. I swear these people keep em in window sils with direct sunlight

Same here - my Mk7 shows no signs of fading. I display it out in the open, no dust-free enclosure, but away from direct sunlight, and no issues.

5 and 7... really!? never seen one, I was actually pounding through the mk 7 thread all day yesterday (like just over 1000 pages) and didnt see anything. I swear these people keep em in window sils with direct sunlight

What's up LipSmack, you preorder the exclusive?

Back