MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm typing this just to have a healthy discussion between collectors, please let all be civil.

My main concern is only about the articulation mostly. So about the ankle, I agree it's true to the design, yet hot toys gave us a mechanism where we can pull the bottom of the feet slightly with their latest iron man figures.
Collectors will benefit from this mechanism if they're going to pose it with a bit of wide stance. If they're not going to let us pose iron man using wide stance, they wouldn't make the side of the panties to be able to go up.

Lets take a look at the shoulder joint. To achieve better articulation, they made it so it can be pulled out. What hot toys did with mk 42 for example wasn't true to the original suit design, but they did it anyway.
By doing this, collectors can also push it back if they want a more realistic look.
So it will be a win win situation for everyone. Yet they're not doing it with this mk 3

So what I mean is this, they step backwards with the articulation with this figure. Not all will like it, including me. Now if I'm asking hot toys to make an iron man figure that can fly and I'm complaining they didn't tried their best, you can say I'm being ridiculous.

I hope at least this will end the debate why some people complained about the articulation.

I don't understand why some people are having such a hard time wrapping their head around this being a legitimate grievance. Did Hot Toys try out some new things with the articulation on this figure? Yes. Is it anywhere near as articulated as the Mk 42, Mk 43, War Machine Mk 2, or Iron Patriot? No. I'd say therefore it was a bad decision and they should just have recycled a tried and tested formula.

To the scores of people who are happy with the figure despite this - that's absolutely fine. It's a beautiful-looking, clearly well-made display piece. For me personally, though - for the money I expected at least the engineering and accuracy (not to mention metal content) I got from the Mk 42 over a year ago. There's a 1/9 Mk 3 coming from King Arts that appears to do everything this figure should have, so it being an impossible feat of engineering to give the Mk 3 a jointed torso etc doesn't really cut it as an excuse.

I really hope that if Hot Toys do more of these remakes of classic suits, they don't take the successful sales of this one as carte blanche to strip out articulation and engineering they've successfully implemented on older figures.

I don't understand why some people are having such a hard time wrapping their head around this being a legitimate grievance. Did Hot Toys try out some new things with the articulation on this figure? Yes. Is it anywhere near as articulated as the Mk 42, Mk 43, War Machine Mk 2, or Iron Patriot? No. I'd say therefore it was a bad decision and they should just have recycled a tried and tested formula.

To the scores of people who are happy with the figure despite this - that's absolutely fine. It's a beautiful-looking, clearly well-made display piece. For me personally, though - for the money I expected at least the engineering and accuracy (not to mention metal content) I got from the Mk 42 over a year ago. There's a 1/9 Mk 3 coming from King Arts that appears to do everything this figure should have, so it being an impossible feat of engineering to give the Mk 3 a jointed torso etc doesn't really cut it as an excuse.

I really hope that if Hot Toys do more of these remakes of classic suits, they don't take the successful sales of this one as carte blanche to strip out articulation and engineering they've successfully implemented on older figures.

I agree with you, also this figure lacks of diecast part despite being a diecast series.
that being said I still like this figure but expecting more from Hot toys considering the price

I agree with you, also this figure lacks of diecast part despite being a diecast series.
that being said I still like this figure but expecting more from Hot toys considering the price

That's HT...Robocop has far less diecast than the IM3 figures but it's considered Diecast release and pretty heavy like MK III

Sigh, can't believe I'm wasting time arguing over shades of red:

Is this accurate?

ironman-armor.jpg

If it is it's much closer to this figure than the maroon everyone else keeps saying.

Is this accurate?

View attachment 215524

If it is it's much closer to this figure than the maroon everyone else keeps saying.

Because there's also this pic of the exact same suit on display? People will see whichever version of the red color they want, even the hero practical suit's shade of red can vary depending on the lighting.

2632501225_99604aa1cf_b.jpg

Because there's also this pic of the exact same suit on display? People will see whichever version of the red color they want, even the hero practical suit's shade of red can vary depending on the lighting.

This pic actually highlights a glaring inaccuracy with some of Hot Toys' Iron Man figures, the new Mk 3 included: some of the designs in the films have a satin finish as opposed to high-gloss. Their 1/4 Mk 43 prototype appears to have the finish dead-on accurate.

Is this accurate?

View attachment 215524

Sincerely, you don't see the differences with HT in all things I mentioned? Color, gloss, proportions... Is so obvios that im starting to think that perhaps is a vision problem then...

^ The pic *I* posted the color is closer. I'm not talking about other issues.

Lighting affects the perceived color.

Ultimately, I like the figure. "Don't care". Fine if you do.

Seriously, I have the figure right next to my monitor......don't see half the crap that's being complained about. The arm gap is the only thing I'll concede.

The gloss: I think it looks better, if not 'accurate'.

This meeting of the **** Retentive Club will now commence..... :lol

Is this accurate?

View attachment 215524

^ The pic *I* posted the color is closer. I'm not talking about other issues.

Lighting affects the perceived color.

Ultimately, I like the figure. "Don't care". Fine if you do.

For sure lighting affects color, but is so difficult to find pics closer to HT color (all under weird lighting conditions) and there are a huge amount of documentation of film shots, promo pics etc that are much more darker...
Also is weird to see the darker armor, mk3, is the lightest of all the HT series mk4,5,6,7,42 and 43...

Ok, just checking your FB page. Sick work. Very nice.

I can see how detail bothers you that I don't catch/mind.

It's all good. :)

Back