MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh good, I was wondering when the comparisons would start up.

Still love this figure.

Most Hot Toys figures have their little problems. Robocop being too silver, for example. In most cases the positives outweigh the negatives.

However I think for a few people, myself included, in this case the negatives outweigh the positives. Nice-looking, very well-made figure for sure, but it's just not quite there vs what has come before.

I remember way back when people companied about the original Mark 3 color being maroon...that it should be redder. Now people complain that its too red and it should be darker? Is that the gist?

Lmao....
I remember a time when the best iron man figure to collect was a 8" Mego figure from the 70s.
Now we have figures with more details than the movie props of just a few years ago....
But...still not good enough..I still read things like "pass" "fail" etc on every board on every figure from every line.
Maybe we should go back to the days of toy biz and alike...right?

Still lmao...As i look at my MKIII with wide eyes of joy and awesomeness and lots and lots and lots of gratitude, long arms, wrong color and all.
Sure came a long way from my toybiz 12" Iron man.

Lol. You're right sir.
But I think rant like this is needed. If nobody complaint about something, then we won't see improvement on a figure like we're seeing nowadays.
It's a good talk, I hope nobody in this board take it personally

1. Oh yes, 1/6 hot toys mk3 was duller when prototype was showed more than a year ago...
2. Satin finish IS THE KEY, not gloss, appart from the red shade of course.
3. Is curious that the pic you mention has a STRONG light source and not even with that light looks close. Lighter than all the rest of the pics, but not close. Is why i suggest you to calibrate your monitor.

Lets go with facts.

im by inigou, en Flickr

No mention to articulation an color...

Motu is right about color, your right about how consistently Hot toys has screwed up the mk 3

1. Oh yes, 1/6 hot toys mk3 was duller when prototype was showed more than a year ago...
3. Is curious that the pic you mention has a STRONG light source and not even with that light looks close. Lighter than all the rest of the pics, but not close. Is why i suggest you to calibrate your monitor.

Lets go with facts.

im by inigou, en Flickr

This photoshop fix by inigou also highlights how slight variations in the width:height ratio, shoulders, chest, helmet, etc. that make a major change in the look-

Here is what IMO HT should have released to 100% satisfy my expectations.
I´m not too dissapointed but, as i said, there are some points that could be different to match better mark 3 armour.
Here is a comparision i quickly tweaked with PS.
I stole someone pic fot it :)
Dont know is i can upload animated gifs. I´m sharing an static one too just in case.

View attachment 211608

comp_tweaked by inigou, en Flickr

Welp, looks like it's time to unsubscribe from this one. I'm going to go enjoy my absurd comic / movie character figurine while you guys drive yourselves insane over its minute details. Yikes.

I'm sure if I put MkIII and MkIV side by side, my mrs couldn't even tell me which one was which... she probably couldn't even tell me MkIII from MkVII..

Lets go with facts.

im by inigou, en Flickr

Again, not facts. Opinion. You make a quip about calibrating a monitor but do not seem to grasp how comparing two photos at different angles, poses, cameras used, lights, focus, focal length and ten other things can effect how you see the item. Nor are you taking into account any of the actual "facts" that even if every single difference you pointed out turned out be correct..it's only one version out of nearly a dozen that where used to "create" the illusion of a fully functional 3d suit. The prop you used to compare does not have functioning flaps. Does not have air brakes, missiles, the under skeleton, wiring, battery's, switches...the hips don't need to actually work. The crotch piece doesn't need to articulate so that the legs can move. There's a reason the actors and stunt people almost never wear the bottom of the suit, and when they do its a near static scene..becuase they can't move. If you want it exactly to match that suit in that pose..buy a statue. If you would like the suit to actually move, and not be a "brick", then there are going to need to be allowances.

Yes, there are things not spot on. But that is the case on EVERY SINGLE IRON MAN suit. Not just the mk3. And again(and again and again)...comparing it to one screen cap or prop doesn't mean the figure is wrong. There are multiple versions created, both digitally and practically, and it's all blended together to make the film. The figure must then pick and choose which parts from which scenes to use. And then take a computer drawing and make it fully functional in a 3 dimensional figure that works..even though the suit in the film was never designed with actual joints and articulation. The only way to achieve 100% faithfulness to it would be to print off the scene you like and frame it. You may be able to get close with a statue, depending.

Oh, and those shoulders that are too big, adjust. And I'm sure you know they are to big becuase you compared them directly with the prop? Same with that distance between shoulders? Not like you used that photo to compare, since it's impossible to do with a photo and the lack of info about camera, focal length, fixed point ect. And that the 1:1 prop suit is at a decent angle (notice the offset hips and legs) and the 1/6 figure is nearly flush with the camera. And one is close to the camera, one further away. My point is..unless you actually have the measurements for that suit (and more to the point..every single suit used on set and digitally) and compared them you don't have facts you have opinions. Based on..

Last edited:
Mine should be on the way in the next week or two. I'll make some proportion comparisons between this and movie files.

Again, not facts. Opinion. You make a quip about calibrating a monitor but do not seem to grasp how comparing two photos at different angles, poses, cameras used, lights, focus, focal length and ten other things can effect how you see the item. Nor are you taking into account any of the actual "facts" that even if every single difference you pointed out turned out be correct..it's only one version out of nearly a dozen that where used to "create" the illusion of a fully functional 3d suit. The prop you used to compare does not have functioning flaps. Does not have air brakes, missiles, the under skeleton, wiring, battery's, switches...the hips don't need to actually work. The crotch piece doesn't need to articulate so that the legs can move. There's a reason the actors and stunt people almost never wear the bottom of the suit, and when they do its a near static scene..becuase they can't move. If you want it exactly to match that suit in that pose..buy a statue. If you would like the suit to actually move, and not be a "brick", then there are going to need to be allowances.

Yes, there are things not spot on. But that is the case on EVERY SINGLE IRON MAN suit. Not just the mk3. And again(and again and again)...comparing it to one screen cap or prop doesn't mean the figure is wrong. There are multiple versions created, both digitally and practically, and it's all blended together to make the film. The figure must then pick and choose which parts from which scenes to use. And then take a computer drawing and make it fully functional in a 3 dimensional figure that works..even though the suit in the film was never designed with actual joints and articulation. The only way to achieve 100% faithfulness to it would be to print off the scene you like and frame it. You may be able to get close with a statue, depending.

Oh, and those shoulders that are too big, adjust. And I'm sure you know they are to big becuase you compared them directly with the prop? Same with that distance between shoulders? Not like you used that photo to compare, since it's impossible to do with a photo and the lack of info about camera, focal length, fixed point ect. And that the 1:1 prop suit is at a decent angle (notice the offset hips and legs) and the 1/6 figure is nearly flush with the camera. And one is close to the camera, one further away. My point is..unless you actually have the measurements for that suit (and more to the point..every single suit used on set and digitally) and compared them you don't have facts you have opinions. Based on..

Is a toy figure!! They can match whatever they want (obviosly with some limitations, but no limitation for most of the issues i mentioned) and they should have based on the film suit. I dont mind if is a blend of CG, practical and a clown costume :) They have the way to do it and they didnt made it. It pretends to be a MOVIE MASTERPIECE, not a "practical suit" or "IM visiting hospitals or conventions" figure version.
They can release pregnant black widow version because she was pregnant while age of ultron was shooted and then modified with CG... No way, sorry.
Shoulders are too big and cant be adjusted. I cant find ANY scene on the FILM with shoulders as big as the figure ones. Same with other parts.
Regarding arms distance, as you are talking about practical suits, you cant find any human being that can fit into the suit as the figure is designed, unless you dislocate his shoulders.
And yes, all iron man figures in the past had issues and inaccuracy, but no one as this mk3. Is a collection of fails. And i´m not asking a 100% accurate mk3, but i least i want 85/90%. I have mk3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 43 and the only one that bothered me have been mk3. Should be a reason for that, dont you think?
And please, dont talk me about cameras, focal lenght and lighting as if i were an ignorant with the matter, as i have a bunch of years experience in photography, CG, 3d render and lighting etc. I know what i say. If not, i wont say it.

Last edited:

Lets go with facts.

im by inigou, en Flickr

There appears to be 2 pieces of red armor between the gold on the thighs and the skirt, but on the figure, there's only 1 segment seen. Is just me? If that extra piece of red armor was in there, a lot of the proportions problems could've been fixed.

clown costume

It's been done before...

15%2B-%2B1

Speaking of which, I hope this mark 3 is free from pink panties issue.
The color of the back of the panties of my mark 42 is fading. Also the rubber part of the wrist actually suffer from this when I opened it as a brand new item.

Speaking of which, I hope this mark 3 is free from pink panties issue.
The color of the back of the panties of my mark 42 is fading. Also the rubber part of the wrist actually suffer from this when I opened it as a brand new item.

What color is fading on your 42?

Back