MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got all the info, I should just send you a PM. :rotfl I read someone mentioned the Mark 6 or 7 might get the next diecast treatment.

I guess it's possible that the next classic armor to get a diecast treatment would be Mark 4 OR 6. Marks 1 and 2 have remakes that are still fairly new, Mark 7 is not that old, while Mark 5 is a unique sculpt unlike Marks 4 and 6 that would be easy money given their subtle differences. All I need is a Mark 6 and I'm good :)

My rationale when I ordered it was that it's the original Iron Man armor, making it an instant classic. Do it! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mark 3 is historic IMO. It's the first red and gold IM armor in the big screen, and it helped launch the MCU. I'm excited for this as it "completes" my IM1 display. Since I won't be collecting each and every armor, I thought of having 3 figures to represent each part of the trilogy: Marks 1 and 3 and Iron Monger for IM; WM, Whiplash 2.0 and Mark 6 for IM2; and Mark 42, IP and Mandarin for IM3 :)

Mark 6 first before Mark 4 (given that Mark 4 had a re-release with the Gantry like 2-3 years ago) *might* also help boost sales of the Whiplash 2.0, as new collectors as well as those who got into the hobby when Mark 6 was already very expensive in the aftermarket would want one at a good price to add to their IM2 collection.

Hmm... dunno. MkIV isn't that much of a change from MkIII. MkV is a highlights reel gimmick. I think if it happened it would be VI or VII... VI has the triangle reactor which makes it different, and VII is the biggest upgrade of the "First 7" and looks the part being a 'battle suit'...

Hmm... dunno. MkIV isn't that much of a change from MkIII. MkV is a highlights reel gimmick. I think if it happened it would be VI or VII... VI has the triangle reactor which makes it different, and VII is the biggest upgrade of the "First 7" and looks the part being a 'battle suit'...

Sorry buddy, but Marks 4 and 6 are the most identical among the first 7 armors. 4 and 3 may look similar, but 4 and 6 are like form the same mold save for some parts particularly the chest piece. Thus doing either 4 or 6 first in diecast would mean easier money for HT, IMO. Please look at this photo posted by fellow freak dedguy circa 2011

5599629234_4d022c2ff8_b.jpg

Something about the Mark IV just doesn't appeal to me as much ... I can't tell if it's because it did next to nothing on screen or it's appearance. I like the silver on the VI and think the triangle just works really well on that design.

Funny how different designs appeal to different folks. The silver and the triangle are what I don't like, lol. Much prefer the plain red and gold with the circular reactor.

Sorry buddy, but Marks 4 and 6 are the most identical among the first 7 armors. 4 and 3 may look similar, but 4 and 6 are like form the same mold save for some parts particularly the chest piece. Thus doing either 4 or 6 first in diecast would mean easier money for HT, IMO. Please look at this photo posted by fellow freak dedguy circa 2011

No I agree with you.. I mean would he have even built the VI (that soon), had it not been for the reactor poisoning issue? The IV was doing quite fine for him during expo appearances, and drunken shoot-offs with Rhodey, and presumably some action between movies helping make the world a better place... But, from a toy marketing point of view the VI has the triangle chest reactor, and a lot of the fans for some reason do love the look of it.. (probably helps the suit has some good moments in the Avengers movie too)

The VII imo would be the best choice. Truth be told, the differences in each revision between III and VII (excluding V) are so gradual, that a lot of people (especially casual movie watchers) would get one or two of them wrong in a blind identification test...

No I agree with you.. I mean would he have even built the VI (that soon), had it not been for the reactor poisoning issue? The IV was doing quite fine for him during expo appearances, and drunken shoot-offs with Rhodey, and presumably some action between movies helping make the world a better place... But, from a toy marketing point of view the VI has the triangle chest reactor, and a lot of the fans for some reason do love the look of it.. (probably helps the suit has some good moments in the Avengers movie too)

The VII imo would be the best choice. Truth be told, the differences in each revision between III and VII (excluding V) are so gradual, that a lot of people (especially casual movie watchers) would get one or two of them wrong in a blind identification test...

Ahhh gotcha.

On business perspective though, I think 6 would better be done first. Again doing 6 would make it easier for them to remake 4 in diecast as well. 7 is indeed a fan favorite, but a remake might be too soon as the regular Mark 7 can still be bought for almost close to retail. And as I mentioned earlier, releasing 6 might also boost the sales of Whiplash 2.0. Mark 7 also seems to be the most reused armor by HT thanks in part to the designs from IM3. Even the Stealth EX sin't from any movie but is a direct repaint of the armor. HT, IMO, can use a break from Mark7 or make even Mark 7 fans feel saturated by it.

Yea I dig the silver myself. It just breaks up the lines more. And the way they then could make the other part of that piece (upper arm) gold..further breaking up the red

The triangle is actually my favorite part of the design, but what really made me like it was the debut of the wrist lasers. The image of Stark completely shredding two dozen Hammer drones in a matter of seconds is still fresh in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mark 3 is historic IMO. It's the first red and gold IM armor in the big screen, and it helped launch the MCU. I'm excited for this as it "completes" my IM1 display. Since I won't be collecting each and every armor, I thought of having 3 figures to represent each part of the trilogy: Marks 1 and 3 and Iron Monger for IM; WM, Whiplash 2.0 and Mark 6 for IM2; and Mark 42, IP and Mandarin for IM3 :)

Those are really good choices actually.

Relax guys. The lighting is weird. HT makes most of their money on the IM line. They're not gonna muck this one up. Just hold onto your shorts and sit tight. It's gonna be great

Back