MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty much going with the pose of the other photo... except with the mask head. I have Tony showing on my 43, so this one will all be about the suit..

Most Hot Toys displays in most Asian Exhibitions can make you think of cancelling a preorder til the official photo reviews from the likes of Jingobell and his peers are out. Just bad lighting (perhaps with all the lights from the venue) coupled with lame poses. Sometimes it's the same prototype from Day 1 getting worn and torn after many exhibition appearances too that makes the figure look like a disaster. I can still remember how many people freaked out on HT's Arkham City Batman prototype taken at one Asian exhibit for having paintrubs on chin and chest, ugly seamlines on legs, and that notorious folder clip on its back that seems to be holding the cape and rubber suit altogether. Figure turned out fine in the end.

Seriously. Everything we've seen of this thing so far has looked great - we get one picture that's just okay and everybody goes nuts?

From this clip from movie, legs are skinny for sure. And arms are bigger compared to the lower body. Think they got it pretty close. I am happy to get him since I started late collecting and from what first mark III was and is going for, it was cheaper to buy this one than first.
Screenshot_2015-07-02-20-48-15.jpg

...Its weird though as i can't tell in that pic that any of it is diecast.
Can you show me any HT DC figure where you're able to visually discern what is diecast and what is plastic? Since it's all painted the same, I can't see how.

Regardless of the debates over colour, proportions or diecast visibility, I'm looking forward to this figure. My first IM and as others have said, from the only good movie in series (not that that stopped me from getting IW MK II, though). Still debating on whether I'll pick-up a Mark IV when it's eventually announced but this'll hold me over till I have to make that decision.

What's going to happen on the boards when Iron Man becomes that organic looking that he has rubber arms? :lol

I always pre-cancel ALL HT exclusive Iron Men figures...
Runs off to hide..
:rotfl

:rotfl I usually pre pre order them, see the price and re-think, and then I order, then I regret it, they I pay and it ships and I really regret it................. then I get it and I'm happy :D :lol

Can't wait to see the final production pics. Should be very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back