Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy we can finally reveal something, we have an amazing artist working on the sculpt and I hope we can start doing more MGS stuff again as we finish shipping our other figures on pre-order, currently we have several 1/6 projects in development and this is one of my grail pieces, also shipping will be much, much faster as all our future products will be produced with a different factory, this is a dream come true for me.

It's kinda small and grainy for me to be able to tell what it is, it kinda sorta looks like it might be MGS1 Snake, yet not really. That's probably just my wishful thinking.

What is it supposed to be?
To me it looks almost identical to MGS V sneaking suit
93696AD9-3D20-453E-A265-3E0B83CACEC7.jpeg
96192FE0-D426-4434-A876-2E907B20E3D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 3C156261-15C9-4469-B2B0-B4F8B0F398ED.jpeg
    3C156261-15C9-4469-B2B0-B4F8B0F398ED.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 22
Happy we can finally reveal something, we have an amazing artist working on the sculpt and I hope we can start doing more MGS stuff again as we finish shipping our other figures on pre-order, currently we have several 1/6 projects in development and this is one of my grail pieces, also shipping will be much, much faster as all our future products will be produced with a different factory, this is a dream come true for me.
Can you confirm who it will be? :) most of us are expecting snake mgs1, but it seems thereā€™s a little confusion.

Oscar Isaac.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Haha. Interesting, I was thinking it was mgs1 snake. Iā€™m ecstatic with either 1 or 2 version of him. Thank you for your hard work in making him happen. After seeing the limtoys Arthur, I couldnā€™t be happier that limtoys are making him.

It's weird because it seems like MGS1 Snake would be the easiest to make.

What is it with people forgetting about the OG versions?

It's weird because it seems like MGS1 Snake would be the easiest to make.

What is it with people forgetting about the OG versions?

I think the folks over at Limtoys happen to be huge fans of MGS V, and seem to be a lot less interested in the rest of the series.

The last serious attempt for MGS 1 Snake was the Sean Dabbs custom project from 2014. I hope someone can make a figure like that again.

MGS 2 Snake was teased years ago so it's natural that it's finally being picked back up, also I don't think anyone here has forgotten the first MGS game, not even the OG Metal Gear games.

Solid is one of my favorite video game characters ever and has been a grail figure of mine for a long, long time, I try to replay all the games at least once every year, during the pandemic the MGS cast did virtual signings and I felt like a kid again because I've never been able to go abroad to attend conventions and after all these years I finally managed to get a print of Shinkawa's art signed by David Hayter to celebrate this character that resonates deeply with me and I'm still looking for a place to hang it that does it justice.

We are fans of all the games (except Survive) and there couldn't be a better time for us to start making these complicated suits, we have the proper knowledge and best factories at our disposal, had this been done a few years ago as it was planned it would've never been on the level it will be now, I wish we could make all versions of Solid but there is a good reason why MGS1 Snake hasn't happened... Yet.

Coming in early 2022 from LIMTOYS, 1/6... šŸ
View attachment 545070
I saw the Insta post for this. It's so beautiful... :cry: :LOL:
Also got me thinking, this has to be either MGS1 or 2? I don't remember this particular version of the MK being used in the other games. Unless MGS4 had it as well? Been awhile since I last played it.

MGS 2 Snake was teased years ago so it's natural that it's finally being picked back up, also I don't think anyone here has forgotten the first MGS game, not even the OG Metal Gear games.

Solid is one of my favorite video game characters ever and has been a grail figure of mine for a long, long time, I try to replay all the games at least once every year, during the pandemic the MGS cast did virtual signings and I felt like a kid again because I've never been able to go abroad to attend conventions and after all these years I finally managed to get a print of Shinkawa's art signed by David Hayter to celebrate this character that resonates deeply with me and I'm still looking for a place to hang it that does it justice.

We are fans of all the games (except Survive) and there couldn't be a better time for us to start making these complicated suits, we have the proper knowledge and best factories at our disposal, had this been done a few years ago as it was planned it would've never been on the level it will be now, I wish we could make all versions of Solid but there is a good reason why MGS1 Snake hasn't happened... Yet.
Ah and that answers my question. lol
I finished MGS2 around 18 times back in the day. An MGS2 Snake is gonna be a definite PO for me I think.
It would be awesome if Lim dicked everyone over like Kojima did back then by showing pics of Snake and then releasing a Raiden figure instead.
I mean, it wouldn't really be funny, but in a way it kinda would be.:rotfl

Last edited:

Sounds reasonable, and I'll be looking forward to those eventual releases of Solid Snake :duff. I currently have the old MGS 2 Snake figure from Scaletta as a placeholder. It looks great, but the suit is so fragile, so I understand what you mean about quality standards not being up to par several years ago.

Congrats on getting something signed by David Hayter, btw!

Sounds reasonable, and I'll be looking forward to those eventual releases of Solid Snake :duff. I currently have the old MGS 2 Snake figure from Scaletta as a placeholder. It looks great, but the suit is so fragile, so I understand what you mean about quality standards not being up to par several years ago.

Congrats on getting something signed by David Hayter, btw!
The scaletta one always looked good but yeah the suit seems restrictive, there's not comparasion to what they're doing in factories nowadays.

Thanks! One day I hope I can travel around the globe and hopefuly get my copies signed by Kojima and the cast, I also dream of getting an actual Shinkawa art piece. One day... :monkey2

Also there's great stuff for MGS fans on the horizon, not just from us, I hope that's clear enough regarding the whole MGS1 and MGS2 debate.

Ah and that answers my question. lol
I finished MGS2 around 18 times back in the day. An MGS2 Snake is gonna be a definite PO for me I think.
It would be awesome if Lim dicked everyone over like Kojima did back then by showing pics of Snake and then releasing a Raiden figure instead.
I mean, it wouldn't really be funny, but in a way it kinda would be.:rotfl
I wouldnā€™t even mind. MGS2 was the first one I played and when the option on screen came up for Tanker or Plant I didnā€™t know what it meant, so I picked plant. By the time Iā€™d finished Iā€™d forgotten about the Tanker. It wasnā€™t until weeks later that a friend told me you could play as solid snake.
Seeing as my introduction to the series was Raiden, I actually really like the character.
I was always disappointed that the only Raiden figures were that first McFarlane figure (in retrospect I loved that figure at the time), a really shiny Play Art Kai that was terrible to move and a nendoroid. I kept hoping Figma would release one after they did Solid Snake.

The scaletta one always looked good but yeah the suit seems restrictive, there's not comparasion to what they're doing in factories nowadays.

Thanks! One day I hope I can travel around the globe and hopefuly get my copies signed by Kojima and the cast, I also dream of getting an actual Shinkawa art piece. One day... :monkey2

Also there's great stuff for MGS fans on the horizon, not just from us, I hope that's clear enough regarding the whole MGS1 and MGS2 debate.
Well if you have Ā£2200 to spare, and you really enjoyed Death Stranding, the Ultra limited edition (30 copies) art book has an origin illustration
https://titanexclusives.com/products/the-art-of-death-stranding-ultra-limited-edition
or Ā£150 (300 copies) but it only has a signed print by Shinkawa
https://forbiddenplanet.com/344449-art-of-death-stranding-limited-edition-hardcover/
I canā€™t remember if it was just wishful thinking on the fb page that Limtoys were considering making Sam.

Back