Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there is a competition now!
!
Zii.JPG

MGS 2 Snake was teased years ago so it's natural that it's finally being picked back up, also I don't think anyone here has forgotten the first MGS game, not even the OG Metal Gear games.

Solid is one of my favorite video game characters ever and has been a grail figure of mine for a long, long time, I try to replay all the games at least once every year, during the pandemic the MGS cast did virtual signings and I felt like a kid again because I've never been able to go abroad to attend conventions and after all these years I finally managed to get a print of Shinkawa's art signed by David Hayter to celebrate this character that resonates deeply with me and I'm still looking for a place to hang it that does it justice.

We are fans of all the games (except Survive) and there couldn't be a better time for us to start making these complicated suits, we have the proper knowledge and best factories at our disposal, had this been done a few years ago as it was planned it would've never been on the level it will be now, I wish we could make all versions of Solid but there is a good reason why MGS1 Snake hasn't happened... Yet.
The moment I picked up Arthur, I'm convinced that LIM's MGS2 Snake will be a masterpiece.
I'm looking forward to it.

Crazy how we are going from nothing to soon having MGSV, MGS1 and MGS2 Snake figures.

Also there's great stuff for MGS fans on the horizon, not just from us, I hope that's clear enough regarding the whole MGS1 and MGS2 debate.
2022 looking to be a good year for MGS. F4F will announcing their Snake Bust soon as well.
Looking forward to Lim's announcement, my only concern is the durability of the suit (both HT Naked and Boss suit of mine already rot and peeled).

2022 looking to be a good year for MGS. F4F will announcing their Snake Bust soon as well.
Looking forward to Lim's announcement, my only concern is the durability of the suit (both HT Naked and Boss suit of mine already rot and peeled).
It’s gonna be a great year, hopefully everything is released. I will say what I’ve seen will blow away previous attempts.

Loved the first batch of MGS figures from Lim so I can't wait to see what they've got coming out next. Hoping for a MGS1 Snake with two heads (smoking and nonsmoking).

As for Zii, while I appreciate the effort as more Metal Gear figures is a good thing, I don't quite get the texture on the suit. Every image I see in the game looks to be a smooth suit yet they decided to go with some hexagonal pattern. Is this something that shows up in the HD version of the game or some promotional material?

Loved the first batch of MGS figures from Lim so I can't wait to see what they've got coming out next. Hoping for a MGS1 Snake with two heads (smoking and nonsmoking).

As for Zii, while I appreciate the effort as more Metal Gear figures is a good thing, I don't quite get the texture on the suit. Every image I see in the game looks to be a smooth suit yet they decided to go with some hexagonal pattern. Is this something that shows up in the HD version of the game or some promotional material?
I think they used the Smash Bros promotional shot of Snake as inspiration since it has the hexagonal pattern as well but not as predominant as it is on the figure.
1636733540954.png

I think they used the Smash Bros promotional shot of Snake as inspiration since it has the hexagonal pattern as well but not as predominant as it is on the figure.
Well that makes more sense than just adding a pattern for the hell of it. Good find. Thanks.

I wonder what can be a good solution for those boxy pouches on chest rig and belt. Originally it was designed to fit low-poly game model.
Metal-gear-solid-2-snake-mgs2-solidsnake.jpg

but Shinkawa concept has somewhat natural edges
SnakeSubArt.jpg

I wonder what can be a good solution for those boxy pouches on chest rig and belt. Originally it was designed to fit low-poly game model.
View attachment 545431
but Shinkawa concept has somewhat natural edges
View attachment 545432
The pouches look more realistic in the Legacy HD render but still somewhat boxy, I think they just embraced the design lol.
1636756951287.png

Last edited:
The blocky look is accurate - they’re structured nylon pouches holding rectangular metal pistol mags, after all. I prefer Shinkawas art to most any other rendition of the characters, but doesn’t lend itself to creating in 3D.

Plus, for me personally, I like my collection to more or less look like they’re from the same “world”, so I’d prefer more realistic than hyper-stylized. To each their own though, I’m just glad we have some MGS figs to get excited about.

Back