Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with Limtoys, are they still making 1/6 Snake? I haven't seen anything new.

Hey I need help with something, what would be the better seamless body for Quiet?

I've seen mixed opinions over the S17B, S19B (recommended for the Limtoys set) and S23B (muscular). Hope you can help as I really want to add her to my 1/6 collection.

Hey I need help with something, what would be the better seamless body for Quiet?

I've seen mixed opinions over the S17B, S19B (recommended for the Limtoys set) and S23B (muscular). Hope you can help as I really want to add her to my 1/6 collection.
I used the S19B and I'm really happy with the finished figure.

I used the S19B and I'm really happy with the finished figure.
The S19B is the recommended body from Limtoys and it looks great. I saw a video on YouTube with the S23B and it looks good, but the legs are really muscular and Quiet is not that ripped.

I'm wondering if the S17B might work, as it looks very similar to the S19B and I have one right now that I could use. Can't check it right now as I just ordered the set. Just getting ready for when the set arrives, don't want to receive the set and then have to wait more weeks while I get the correct body.

The S19B is the recommended body from Limtoys and it looks great. I saw a video on YouTube with the S23B and it looks good, but the legs are really muscular and Quiet is not that ripped.

I'm wondering if the S17B might work, as it looks very similar to the S19B and I have one right now that I could use. Can't check it right now as I just ordered the set. Just getting ready for when the set arrives, don't want to receive the set and then have to wait more weeks while I get the correct body.
I have both bodies. I would highly recommend using the S19B. The S17B seems like it could work my only concern would be the length of the legs. S17B seems to have slightly longer legs and they might not fit into the stockings. It also appears to have a smaller bust than S19B

Someone asked the same question few pages back (#1601) - My answer was 23B. I also posted some pics back then

I have both bodies. I would highly recommend using the S19B. The S17B seems like it could work my only concern would be the length of the legs. S17B seems to have slightly longer legs and they might not fit into the stockings. It also appears to have a smaller bust than S19B
Thanks man! If this pic is any indicator they look really similar, S17 with a little wider hips and I agree, a little smaller bust.
tbleag14.jpg

Someone asked the same question few pages back (#1601) - My answer was 23B. I also posted some pics back then
Thank! Just saw the pics and your Quiet looks impressive! S23B looks awesome on her. My biggest worry was the muscular legs, but I really like how they look with the stockings. Bonus points for those poses, very character-accurate!

Just recently I got interested in customs. I was thinking about Quiet for my first custom but after I saw the Lim Toys Quiet I decided to go for that one rather than do a crappy version, lol!

Anyway, after I quit on my custom Quiet I began working on a Meryl. This is my first custom, still a work in progress.

Attachments

• 20210821_120425.jpg
    20210821_120425.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 101
Hey guys I have a question for any of you that own the medicom rah mgs3 snakes, have any of the metal pieces rusted ? And has the westuit stained the headsculpt or neck ?

As far as I know, the metallic pieces are aluminum which doesn't rust (my Croc Cap Snake hasn't rusted in over 12 year of ownership). The wet suit does stain the under body, but you won't notice it unless you peel back the suit.

As far as I know, the metallic pieces are aluminum which doesn't rust (my Croc Cap Snake hasn't rusted in over 12 year of ownership). The wet suit does stain the under body, but you won't notice it unless you peel back the suit.
Awesome ! Thanks heaps

Was just cleaning up my 1/6 collection and thought I'd grab a few snaps of my MGS figures for you guys. A couple of them are custom like Old Snake and Big Boss which I'm pretty happy with how they turned out
This is gorgeous! In Old Snake did you swapped the cloth pieces with the Olive drab version? Id like to swap the one I have in black but idk if those parts can be purchased separedly (?)

This is gorgeous! In Old Snake did you swapped the cloth pieces with the Olive drab version? Id like to swap the one I have in black but idk if those parts can be purchased separedly (?)

Ah thank you @synysterfox

That's right, I had both versions of the figure. If you are lucky, the Olive Drab version sometimes pop up on eBay. But yeah, was a bit of a big custom to put together, making the suit, swapping body, hollowing out original head sculpt etc

This video just ticks me off. The YouTuber here, had in his possession a sealed copy of the MGS 1 Shareholder Edition still in its original shipping box. Then he rips open the entire thing for views. In all my years of looking for MGS merch, I've never seen a sealed Shareholder in such immaculate condition before. So, it's pretty much a dick move to treat a rare (perhaps one-of-a-kind) item like that with such disrespect. It's been listed on YouTube for two years, and I'm surprised that no one's called him out on it before.

On another note, I managed to get the Shareholders for MGS 1 to 3 last year. They've definitely been increasing in price since 2019, and it's becoming a lot more rare to see them in good condition at auction sites.

This video just ticks me off. The YouTuber here, had in his possession a sealed copy of the MGS 1 Shareholder Edition still in its original shipping box. Then he rips open the entire thing for views. In all my years of looking for MGS merch, I've never seen a sealed Shareholder in such immaculate condition before. So, it's pretty much a dick move to treat a rare (perhaps one-of-a-kind) item like that with such disrespect. It's been listed on YouTube for two years, and I'm surprised that no one's called him out on it before.

On another note, I managed to get the Shareholders for MGS 1 to 3 last year. They've definitely been increasing in price since 2019, and it's becoming a lot more rare to see them in good condition at auction sites.

I don't really see the disrespect you're speaking of. He opened that thing a heck of a lot more carefully than I would have. lol
I think the main reason anyone would keep something like that sealed would only be to sell it for more $$$$. And since he only has 7.89 million subscribers, I really don't think he needs the extra cash.
And besides, it's literally the only way 99% of us will ever get to see a something that cool and rare!
Man, seeing that makes me nostalgic for the good 'ol MGS day, when we still got to play as Snake.

I don't really see the disrespect you're speaking of. He opened that thing a heck of a lot more carefully than I would have. lol
I think the main reason anyone would keep something like that sealed would only be to sell it for more $$$$. And since he only has 7.89 million subscribers, I really don't think he needs the extra cash.
And besides, it's literally the only way 99% of us will ever get to see a something that cool and rare!
Man, seeing that makes me nostalgic for the good 'ol MGS day, when we still got to play as Snake.
I like Naked Snake. He earned his status as a legend by being man enough to take down physically superior foes instead of fleeing for his life like some Big Loser coward. SPOILERS FOR MGS3 AHEAD, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

[SPOILER="Spoilers"]Snake doesn't have special powers like the members of the Cobra Unit, or Volgin. But Snake didn't run like a Big Loser coward from physically superior opponents. Snake was man enough to do what needed to be done.

Snake's victories during Operation Snake Eater proved that it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. For example, Volgin was bigger and stronger than Snake, but Snake didn't flee for his life like a Big Loser coward. Snake fought like a man. Snake won against the larger opponent during their final confrontations because Snake had more fight in him than Volgin did.

Volgin feared Snake so much that he demanded that Ocelot shoot Snake. When a larger man fears a smaller man, you know the larger man is a Chicken-**** Koward and a Kowardly ****. When a man needs a gun in order to win a fistfight, you know he's some weird Mr. Potato Head coward that fears getting beaten up into a pile of mashed potatoes. What a coward.

As long as you don't behave like a Big Loser coward, as long as you fight with your balls like a man, your opponents will be the true cowards as they fear the size of the fight in you, and you will become legend like Big Boss. Which is superior to being a Big Loser coward, or some Chicken-**** Koward, or some Kowardly ****, or some Mr. Potato Head coward. All of whom will never be legend or find a woman that loves them since no woman wants to be with a coward that fights with his head instead of his balls due to having no balls. EVA admitted that she is in love with Big Boss, but no woman will ever love Volgin, that Big Loser coward, that Chicken-**** Koward, that Kowardly ****, that Mr. Potato Head coward who needs a gun in order to win a fistfight because he fears getting beaten up into a pile of mashed potatoes like a coward.[/SPOILER]

Back