Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer that figures stay as close to the source material as possible, and in terms of MGS, let it stay faithful to Shinkawa's art and the in-game 3D character models. It'd be a hard pass otherwise, because with artistic liberties, it'd be like having a figure representation of something from "deviant art". I have zero interest in MGS V and didn't pick up any of LimToy's figures. But, I think it's awesome that they took lots of care and attention to detail their figures as accurately as possible to the in-game models of Venom.

The scaletta one always looked good but yeah the suit seems restrictive, there's not comparasion to what they're doing in factories nowadays.

Thanks! One day I hope I can travel around the globe and hopefuly get my copies signed by Kojima and the cast, I also dream of getting an actual Shinkawa art piece. One day... :monkey2

Also there's great stuff for MGS fans on the horizon, not just from us, I hope that's clear enough regarding the whole MGS1 and MGS2 debate.

Yeah, the suit was a good attempt, but it's so fragile. I'm not sure about other folks who picked it up, but I had my figure in storage for a while and the paint has already started to discolor on some areas. For that time, I think a fabric approach would've been best for longevity.

I've met both Kojima and Shinkawa on multiple occasions while they were on tour, and in 2010, I even managed to meet up with some folks from SSF when Kojima was in NYC :lol. I still need to get my copy of Substance signed some day :pray:.

2022 looking to be a good year for MGS. F4F will announcing their Snake Bust soon as well.
Looking forward to Lim's announcement, my only concern is the durability of the suit (both HT Naked and Boss suit of mine already rot and peeled).

I keep hoping that Gecco will announce a 1/6 Solid Snake statue to complement the Gray Fox they released in 2019 :lol.

I keep hoping that Gecco will announce a 1/6 Solid Snake statue to complement the Gray Fox they released in 2019 :lol.
We all do, despite knowing better. What I want to see now is Queen Studio taking on MGS license.

PS. Not many of us old folks left here, glad to see you're still around.

Lost your Xmas / Holiday sweater? Konami got you covered (for 2022 🤣)

Screenshot_20211113-083709~2.png

We all do, despite knowing better. What I want to see now is Queen Studio taking on MGS license.

PS. Not many of us old folks left here, glad to see you're still around.
That would be awesome. And yeah, it’s great seeing you here, too! There aren’t a lot of familiar faces these days, but this is still the only active forum for MGS collectible discussions that I’m familiar with. I saw higgins and WellCQC on the MGS subreddit a long time back, but it’s not really a place for collectors.

All this news wow! I'm back from the dead

Amazing news.

there is also a mgs2 snake coming out by a company called zii.production on Instagram. New company it seems with not many followers. Perhaps this is what has made limtoys show their news about solid snake ha.
It looks good, other than the suit texture which I find distracting personally.
I love that companies are making Snake figures finally. This attempt isnt the best. The body looks awkward and stiff and the face is off. but decent attempt

MGS 2 Snake was teased years ago so it's natural that it's finally being picked back up, also I don't think anyone here has forgotten the first MGS game, not even the OG Metal Gear games.

Solid is one of my favorite video game characters ever and has been a grail figure of mine for a long, long time, I try to replay all the games at least once every year, during the pandemic the MGS cast did virtual signings and I felt like a kid again because I've never been able to go abroad to attend conventions and after all these years I finally managed to get a print of Shinkawa's art signed by David Hayter to celebrate this character that resonates deeply with me and I'm still looking for a place to hang it that does it justice.

We are fans of all the games (except Survive) and there couldn't be a better time for us to start making these complicated suits, we have the proper knowledge and best factories at our disposal, had this been done a few years ago as it was planned it would've never been on the level it will be now, I wish we could make all versions of Solid but there is a good reason why MGS1 Snake hasn't happened... Yet.
Finally I'm so hype! Glad to know there's a Solid Snake fan over there. I honestly never thought it would happen.

My main request would be, could we get two head sculpts? A game accurate and Shinkawa art accurate ? Your tease from years back looked great (2014 woow):
c25dead229ae1c758f8c2139b63b8921.jpg

MGS2 game model extracted

I would really love if the MGS V sneaking suit Venom Snake came with the Hand of Jehuty and Stunt Arm as Accessories. These were the 2 prosthetic arms I used most in the game. And they definitely look really cool with the sneaking suit.

Dude!!! That collection is amazing! I'm especially impressed by the Fatman (!) and The End figures!

In order for it to be a great figure and generally look good and detailed, whoever makes it, has to follow the game’s art and not the in game model from 1998. But then he won’t look as most people remember him. Still hoping for a remake, so we can play this masterpiece again in 4K and have the new 3D model as source material for figures & statues.
CDF49FAE-0C93-4107-942A-9195DB1E7C5A.jpeg
30FBD3E9-D834-4E64-848E-F6BDCA1F18BC.jpeg

Last edited:
In order for it to be a great figure and generally look good and detailed, whoever makes it, has to follow the game’s art and not the in game model from 1998. But then he won’t look as most people remember him. Still hoping for a remake, so we can play this masterpiece again in 4K and have the new 3D model as source material for figures & statues.View attachment 546462View attachment 546461
I forgot about twin snakes lol. They can base him on that game's/remaster's model

Back