Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tailoring looks correct to me if you use tape tor legs and shoulder area, just takes a few mintes.

The figure is really just an accessory for the bike. He doesn't look very good in any position while standing, probably due to the poor tailoring of the suit. He looks just fine riding the bike though.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but it needs to be repeated: the Medicom body is incredibly cheap and fragile. The ankles especially can snap if you look at them wrong. It's downright criminal what they charge for such crappy materials, but it's AKIRA, so they know we'll pay it cause we're suckers. You can't have the bike without Kaneda, and you really don't want JUST Kaneda without the bike.
my Kaneda standing alone has his feelings hurt.

Phhtt...

Getting it to Canada will cost you over $800 CDN (for the bike and Kaneda) and that doesn't cover the S+H and Import Fee when CBSA gets their grubby paws on it.

Another pic I found on Japanese twitter.

Comparing the outfits of the super duper limited and expensive 2000 version and the 2010 mass market version....he said the original is still in perfect shape and the new one is garbage and flaking apart.

E-fRolcUcAI4eLJ.jpg

A mash up of the original outfit but boots, hands, and head of the newer figure would be perfection. Too bad that original figure goes for like a grand....IF you can find it.

Finally got the bike. Never saw one in person and I am super impressed! The size, weight and feel is incredible. Yes, it cost a fortune, but it really is a work of art. I just wish the instruction book came in english! Still waiting on Kaneda

Did my "every few months" thorough cleaning and was aghast tin find little bits of red stuck to the brown suit.

It's happening. The cracks that formed at the ass are shedding the red pleather and leaving an unpleasant thin layer of white threads underneath.

Bike is still holding up beautifully after what...11 years? Certainly better than the girl I was dating at the time, I'm sure. Yeah the red is a bit "faded" but nothing keep that factory fresh luster forever.

Kaneda's suit though, is another story. If there was a reliable way and I could actually TRUST them I'd get a brand new shiny Chinese repro for the jacket and pants.

Or like I said before....if I were a millionaire I'd buy the limited 2000 Cro Mag and put his outfit on the RAH head, gloves, and boots. But alas. I'm no millionaire.

Did my "every few months" thorough cleaning and was aghast tin find little bits of red stuck to the brown suit.

It's happening. The cracks that formed at the ass are shedding the red pleather and leaving an unpleasant thin layer of white threads underneath.

Bike is still holding up beautifully after what...11 years? Certainly better than the girl I was dating at the time, I'm sure. Yeah the red is a bit "faded" but nothing keep that factory fresh luster forever.

Kaneda's suit though, is another story. If there was a reliable way and I could actually TRUST them I'd get a brand new shiny Chinese repro for the jacket and pants.

Or like I said before....if I were a millionaire I'd buy the limited 2000 Cro Mag and put his outfit on the RAH head, gloves, and boots. But alas. I'm no millionaire.
with millions i would commission for a 1:1 kaneda + bike. real leather, real motor etc. park it infront of my mansion

The new Kaneda figure is extremely overpriced indeed. Sometimes I really would like to know how companies decide on their RSP....

Another thing I'd be interested in:
say you had 2 Kaneda bikes, the old version and the revival version, and you wanted to do a radical custom, which version of the bike would you use for the custom?

The new Kaneda figure is extremely overpriced indeed. Sometimes I really would like to know how companies decide on their RSP....

Another thing I'd be interested in:
say you had 2 Kaneda bikes, the old version and the revival version, and you wanted to do a radical custom, which version of the bike would you use for the custom?
New of course.

I....couldn't do it. The color is probably faded on my earlier one so theoretically that would be the one to make a custom out of, but I've had it for over ten years! You don't do that to an old friend!

The bike is too big and glorious and expensive to mess with.

Despite choosing to pass on the Kaneda figure due to it's poor quality, I am now considering just biting the bullet so the bike can actually have it's rider. That said, while I fully expect for the figure to degrade over time, I am now concerned what effect it may have on the bike's seat. Should I place some sort of buffer between the figure and the bike or is the concern unwarranted?

Despite choosing to pass on the Kaneda figure due to it's poor quality, I am now considering just biting the bullet so the bike can actually have it's rider. That said, while I fully expect for the figure to degrade over time, I am now concerned what effect it may have on the bike's seat. Should I place some sort of buffer between the figure and the bike or is the concern unwarranted?
a piece of tissue paper would do. acid free paper if you are paranoid.

Huh.

Do you have the revival version?

I only have the original. I'll have to take a look in the box and see what, if anything, covered the seat.

Back