Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, you mean AKIRA Club. The price really swing wildly on that one.

The original Japanese is a softcover. The drawback is that of course all text is in Japanese. But it's 95% pictures anyway so you don't really need to "read" it.

Then Dark Horse finally published it in 2006 or so, complete translated, but there were about 5 or 6 pics conspicuously missing. One was a shot of the AKIRA helicopter flying by the World Trade Buildings in NYC so it's obvious why that got cut.

Finally Kondansha published the whole thing as a hardcover as well, identical in almost ever detail to the Dark Horse version, only with "Kodansha" written everywhere instead of Dark Horse. I imagine this is the hardest to find, cause who wants to break up the box set?

The Dark Horse was expensive and out of print for a LONG time, but I imagine went back down when Kodansha reprinted it.

Over the years in Japan I've see the book go anywhere from $50 to $10 for used copies....at one point I had three!

Mine arrived from Sideshow about an hour ago -- totally blown away by it. I nearly purchased a used one in Tokyo a couple years ago for waaaaaay too much, so glad I waited. Hard to convey with photos how great the car quality paint looks on this thing. And so - much - metal!!!

Sapporo pint for scale. :duff

Akira.jpg

Mine arrived from Sideshow about an hour ago -- totally blown away by it. I nearly purchased a used one in Tokyo a couple years ago for waaaaaay too much, so glad I waited. Hard to convey with photos how great the car quality paint looks on this thing. And so - much - metal!!!

Sapporo pint for scale. :duff
Uber cool!!
Can you put a random 12 inches figure to ride it? or it will only fit Medicom Kaneda figure?

91DF4B7C-07E7-4E48-A5B4-D0FF851975D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 9D069274-BA98-41A2-A013-2E1E7324AA4F.jpeg
    9D069274-BA98-41A2-A013-2E1E7324AA4F.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 86269959-642E-43AD-8A6E-4E4880AF2B36.jpeg
    86269959-642E-43AD-8A6E-4E4880AF2B36.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 69
Wow these turned out like **** the bike is awesome it’s nice to have it back again, btw I’ve noticed that there is a film over the mirrors that you can peel off I noticed people in videos don’t do that so it’s a real mirror under it

if the film isn't blurry i'd just leave it on rather that risk scratching it when dusting off unless it's in a case.
Wow these turned out like **** the bike is awesome it’s nice to have it back again, btw I’ve noticed that there is a film over the mirrors that you can peel off I noticed people in videos don’t do that so it’s a real mirror under it

OH. MY. GOD.

I've had this beautiful toy for over ten years now. TEN YEARS.

I've hand cleaned these parts dozens of times. I always thought "man, what a shame the mirrors are so crappy on this otherwise fantastic toy. Oh well."

It never occurred to me even for a moment that there was a plastic film on the mirrors.

Well......better late than never. Just peeled one off to discover that yes, indeed, there was a shiny mirror under there all these years. And here I was wiping and polishing a plastic film with a micro fiber all these years.

IMG-0626.JPG

Good lord.

Well....my ten year old bike just got a nice new upgrade!

Anyone have this all fully decaled? Always liked that look with the front end all stickered up. Think my favorite look though is the bike with all the panels removed.

I used to have that exclusive and I remember doing all those water slide decals took hours! I’ll see if I can find a picture I regret selling that one

Anyone have this all fully decaled? Always liked that look with the front end all stickered up. Think my favorite look though is the bike with all the panels removed.
Nobody uses side mirrors nowadays.

I have the Cowl set, but not the bike... I like the boxart more than the bike. I missed the bike as my seller did not notify me about the stock when i requested he did during the initial run. Got the Cowl from Japan for quite cheap. Now i am content even without the bike.

I just took my Kaneda off the bike for the first time in at least a year.

Man....the outfit is absolutely falling apart. The ass and ass area is definitely the worst...big cracks formed and the white material under the pleather is showing through.

The whole thing is a faded pink, too. And I kept it OUT of the sun for ten years. This guy has NEVER been exposed to sunlight.

I think it's just inevitable.

I'd buy a brand new one, but the damn thing is almost $300 and it's the same ****** material. That's criminal to get charged that amount of money for something that's just gonna fall apart anyway.

I've never had any problems with the bike. That's an awesome purchase. But man, the outfit for Kaneda sucks. I really wish there was a reasonably priced alternative.

I just took my Kaneda off the bike for the first time in at least a year.

Man....the outfit is absolutely falling apart. The ass and ass area is definitely the worst...big cracks formed and the white material under the pleather is showing through.

The whole thing is a faded pink, too. And I kept it OUT of the sun for ten years. This guy has NEVER been exposed to sunlight.

I think it's just inevitable.

I'd buy a brand new one, but the damn thing is almost $300 and it's the same ****** material. That's criminal to get charged that amount of money for something that's just gonna fall apart anyway.

I've never had any problems with the bike. That's an awesome purchase. But man, the outfit for Kaneda sucks. I really wish there was a reasonably priced alternative.
it lasted a good 10 years. my genuine leather belt and wallet doesn't even last 5 years and i kept them in storage...

Sorry for the ****** picture, but I’ve had mine since first release and decaled based on the pic on the extra cowl set.
They are water decals and easier than normal stickers.

Attachments

• FAAB6001-4C59-4C6D-9302-7C937F449A73.jpeg
    FAAB6001-4C59-4C6D-9302-7C937F449A73.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 150
Sorry for the ****** picture, but I’ve had mine since first release and decaled based on the pic on the extra cowl set.
They are water decals and easier than normal stickers.
i see, are they fragile? as i believe water decal tears easily, did you apply mark setter and softener? i read top coating it will seal off the decals but not sure anyone willing to try that.

Back