Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics of "Bikerboy" (manga version) custom:

bikerboy manga version (3).jpg
bikerboy manga version (1).jpg
bikerboy manga version (2).jpg
bikerboy manga version (4).jpg
bikerboy manga version (5).jpg

Available from some guy called Scott Pettersen, through his instagram: spettersenart

No price given, but I'd bet it's verrrry costly. Looks good though...would look great on the 1/6 bike without stickers, if you have the limited cowl set from all those years ago.

Scored the bike for $400 shipped.

Thinking about getting Akira as well since you can't have one without the other. Has anyone tried putting 303 Protectant on it to prevent it from falling apart?

Thinking about getting Akira as well since you can't have one without the other. Has anyone tried putting 303 Protectant on it to prevent it from falling apart?
Kaneda. Akira is the kid. I remember i applied tire shine neutral on it long time ago, never touched it, jacket still intact. Rocketman 2.0 however started leaving flakes around. i think 303 protectant would help. or McGuire Hyper Dressing (only tried it on car interiors, real leather, fake leather, soft/hard plastic and rubber). you can control the shine with hyper dressing by diluting it with water between 1:1 to 1:4. I don't know if 303 leave sticky residues but Hyper Dressing would go into the material and not leave sticky feel like other protectants.

Kaneda. Akira is the kid. I remember i applied tire shine neutral on it long time ago, never touched it, jacket still intact. Rocketman 2.0 however started leaving flakes around. i think 303 protectant would help. or McGuire Hyper Dressing (only tried it on car interiors, real leather, fake leather, soft/hard plastic and rubber). you can control the shine with hyper dressing by diluting it with water between 1:1 to 1:4. I don't know if 303 leave sticky residues but Hyper Dressing would go into the material and not leave sticky feel like other protectants.
Whoops meant Kaneda. Akira is always the first thing to pop up in my mind since it's the name of the movie. I'll try 303 on him when he arrives next week. I haven't had any issue with pleather from all my time of collecting so I'm hoping that applies here as well.

The bike is beautiful though and I'm glad to finally have it in the collection.

52737249352_e0307803cb_k_d.jpg
52738023579_7e94666550_k_d.jpg
52738023614_892fae6081_k_d.jpg

By the way....I saw pics on twitter of that bootleg 1/15 bike that's a rip-off of the 2004 Bandai bike. I guess this means it was actually released.

bootleg bike toy (2).jpg

bootleg bike toy (1).jpg

Don't know if it's metal. I know they added lighting but that looks like the only thing that's new. The sculpt doesn't look as good.

The figure is a lump of resin. Not even plastic. It has an interchangable arm held on by a magnet. The heads look like shrunken down Medicom heads.

Yes, I have put 303 on my Medicom Kaneda and no problems yet. For me, the coated fabrics shedding takes about 10 years, so no evidence yet.

Yes, I have put 303 on my Medicom Kaneda and no problems yet. For me, the coated fabrics shedding takes about 10 years, so no evidence yet.
5 years and after that its luck and heat/humid. my rocketeer is done...

need to move my first release kaneda wondering what is the safest way since theres no safe spot for him to lay down without putting pressure on the pleather.

previously on the hokuto figures i use the arms and knee and laid them down but kaneda wears full leather.

$330. Good lord. I love AKIRA more than anything, but honestly this figure is simply not worth that much money.

$330. Good lord. I love AKIRA more than anything, but honestly this figure is simply not worth that much money.
did they upgrade the leather material like the old rider 1? if yes maybe worth selling the old one and get the new one before the old jacket breaks.

I haven't heard any in-hand reports, but I can't imagine them changing anything.

The bike was exactly the same, except they added some plastic protection in the packaging. Technically, the bike is a Bandai product and the figure is Medicom, though.

The original release of the figure was about 20,000 I think, back in 2010? I remember thinking that was an awful lot to ask for such a barebones figure. I was gonna pass on it until they revealed the bike a month or so later and then it became essential.

I know I'm a broken record, but all I want at this point is a decently articulated 1/12 figure and bike. MAFEX, Figma, SHF, Mezco...anybody!

I doubt it'll ever happen though, cause Otomo hates dealing with licensing and merchandise and stuff.

FYI....the "cloudy" surface of the mirrors is cause there's an almost imperceptible vinyl sheet covering them. I had no idea for ten years. I just thought they were cloudy like that. I spent ten years "polishing" the vinyl film whenever I cleaned the toy!

Someone pointed it out to me and I felt like such a dunce!! I peeled them off and there are nice shiny chrome mirrors under there!

FYI....the "cloudy" surface of the mirrors is cause there's an almost imperceptible vinyl sheet covering them. I had no idea for ten years. I just thought they were cloudy like that. I spent ten years "polishing" the vinyl film whenever I cleaned the toy!

Someone pointed it out to me and I felt like such a dunce!! I peeled them off and there are nice shiny chrome mirrors under there!
for display i would just keep it on. do we know of they are chromed plastic or actual mirror coz both will oxidize and show black spots over time. even real car mirrors suffer from this.

i doubt kaneda was 20k yen. coz no way i would pay that price back in 2010.

Finally got the duo back I sold my set years ago that had that limited decal sheet those water slides took forever haha nice to have it again I just hope they re release Tetsuo too
DA2999CA-A192-450F-884A-393978CE5C6C.jpeg

My old kaneda seems to survive the move. Put him standing still wrapped with paper towel in a tupperware and he got pushed to the wall by other figures but the suit still looks ok..havent gave it a really close look.

Meanwhile rocketeer 2.0 suit near disintegrated...

Back