MCU - Phase Four

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most MCU flicks after IM3 left me cold. The SM ones are amongst the most forgettable for me. I vastly prefer the Ant-Man flicks, tbqh.

As for The Marvels, the only way I'd watch it would be if Jude Law was brought back with a bigger role, or if they added the only Marvel worth caring for:

dcdmtlq-eb9070f0-52a4-41cd-9a17-94c65dc0ec8c.jpg

The original Blue Marvel mini was trash, but I still like the idea of the character and Ewing did some good work with him. If they got Denzel as Brashear, in that particular costume, I'd be there Day 1 and I'd be spamming the PO button on the doll. But alas, I don't think they have any plans for him. It's easier to turn Kang into a clown and Namor into a manlet than give us cool original diverse characters...
I liked the off world Captain Marvel stuff. It just went downhill when she went to Earth. It would be wise if they stayed off of Earth for most of The Marvels. I enjoyed the first Ant-Man, but the second one was goofy AF and the villains were awful. I'll keep a pulse on all Marvel entries, but I am ready for DS: MoM then onto Blade then F4.

I honestly don't understand why Ant-Man is going to face big bad Kang. He is supposed to be so technologically superior that jokester Ant-Man with his shrink or enlarge tech ain't enough to convince me that he can go toe to toe with him. The secondary characters I could care less about. I do wonder if they will be staying with just time traveling within this universe or if the multiverse is open to different timelines.

The Marvels delayed to July 28, 2023!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/the-marvels-captain-marvel-sequel-delayed-2023/
Zurdo:

200.gif

Good news that Ant-Man got moved up!

The sequel to Captain Marvel, which will feature a few other Marvel heroes as well such as Kamala Khan and Monica Rambeau, was previously scheduled to arrive on February 17, 2023 and has now moved back to July 28, 2023. It wasn't the only Marvel movie to get a readjustment in release as the upcoming Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania has moved up from July 28, 2023 to February 12, 2023, meaning the two films just swapped release dates.

279327207_986347538692999_2120518020472818170_n.jpg

Lol :lol Even so, it probably won't be until 2025 when we get the new Captain Marvel figures in hand! :thud:

I know SM teamed up with many heroes over the years, but I felt like they captured what the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series did. Lots of ADD teenager nonsense, worked with SHIELD and Fury for a lot of episodes and did a lot of team ups. This trilogy was a coming of age and not a full glory Spider-Man. It worked for the last film and Keaton saved the first one. Second one was bad, but got me my Mysterio Hot Toy!

[...]

Yeah! I felt MCU Spidey took a considerable inspiration from the Ultimates. I agree, the trilogy as a whole feels like Spider-Man starting out, but not necessarily an origin story and his arc seems to take place across all three films. The ending of NWH makes us feel we're going to get to prime Spider-Man later on.

Just an update of what is upcoming:

• Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022)
  • Ms. Marvel (Disney+, June 8, 2022)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8, 2022)
  • Untitled Halloween Special (Disney+, 2022)
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (November 11, 2022)
  • The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (Disney+, 2022)
  • She-Hulk (Disney+, 2022)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5, 2023)
  • The Marvels (July 28, 2023)
  • X-Men '97 (Disney+, 2023)
  • Secret Invasion (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Blade (Date TBD)
  • Deadpool 3 (Date TBD)
  • Fantastic Four (Date TBD)
  • I Am Groot (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Armor Wars (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Ironheart (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Echo (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Wakanda Series (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Captain America 4 (Date TBD)
  • Loki Season 2 (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • What If...? Season 2 (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Agatha: House of Harkness (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Spider-Man: Freshman Year (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Marvel Zombies (Disney+, Date TBD)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 2 (Date TBD)

Whoa! SO much coming, I don't know how we can keep up! :panic:

I liked the off world Captain Marvel stuff. It just went downhill when she went to Earth. It would be wise if they stayed off of Earth for most of The Marvels.

[...]

I absolutely am enthralled with all the Hala/space scenes! I would've liked to have seen more of Hala, especially after seeing some cool wide shots of it and Vers going to the Supreme Intelligence. Again, I'd really like to explore all these different worlds in the MCU.

NPq1QtA.jpg

L5nNB2i.jpg

I just figgin' loved all the space scenes in Captain Marvel, I mean, just seeing her flying through space, blasting spaceships, going to light speed etc. is grand enjoyment to me, I could literally watch a two hour movie of her doing all that lol. In the credits there's an animation of her passing by and escaping the gravity of a black hole! I'd love to see that in the upcoming movie.

I would love, love, LOVE a three-hour movie of her adventures in space, showcasing her visiting different worlds, encountering allies, fighting foes, and traveling through the vastness of space. That'd be a dream movie to me.

I liked the off world Captain Marvel stuff. It just went downhill when she went to Earth. It would be wise if they stayed off of Earth for most of The Marvels. I enjoyed the first Ant-Man, but the second one was goofy AF and the villains were awful. I'll keep a pulse on all Marvel entries, but I am ready for DS: MoM then onto Blade then F4.

I honestly don't understand why Ant-Man is going to face big bad Kang. He is supposed to be so technologically superior that jokester Ant-Man with his shrink or enlarge tech ain't enough to convince me that he can go toe to toe with him. The secondary characters I could care less about. I do wonder if they will be staying with just time traveling within this universe or if the multiverse is open to different timelines.
I like the Kree/Skrull (and Shi'ar and such) lore, but the MCU botched it. Honestly, a short haired tomboy alcie Carol going to town on Xenos with DBZ fights and great effects would make for an awesome movie. It's just that the MCU is too safe for that, Larson sucks and the flick was pure pandering.

cf2f88043d91066ba116b4cc11cb4896.jpg

That's what we needed. But at least we're (hopefully) getting Theron as Clea.

Death-Doctor-Strange-New-Sorcerer-Supreme.jpg

Her in that costume, someone like Eva Green as Umar, Dormammu back with Mads, and maybe Doom and Mephisto (played by people I like) thrown in could make DS3 even crazier than this.

As for Kang, he's been butchered. I've given up on him. I'll buy the doll and swap the heads. If they make an FB3 Jude Law, I'm going with him. If not, it's Bale. But my only hope as of right now is some Variant or whatever. This is my Kang.

kang-dynasty-c57ce943-d18e-4fc3-afca-b9a5c4691f7-resize-750.jpeg

Take away the Antiquity aesthetic, and he's just not Kang.

Where’s my Cavill Cyclops :gah:
I'm anxious to see what roles Cavill and Keanu get. One of my current ideas is that if I dislike MCU Namor (though, again, I'm waiting to see before I judge since there are photos where he's got that arrogant look), I'm going to swap a Keanu head (from either John Wick or Silverhands; depends which is cheaper on the aftermarket), as he really works for Namor.

james-holland-namorb-insta.jpg

My fancast was Luke Evans and they're similar. Back in the 2000s I was aboard the Quinto train.

DvqkGPR.jpg

But if Keanu plays another major role where his face is visible, I won't be able to do that for continuity's sake. So I'm waiting to see where both Cavill and him land. Cavill could be Brian Braddock, Doom or Cyclops. Keanu I'm feeling will be someone like the Silver Surfer, but who knows? People hyped him for GR, but he doesn't fit the role; he needs something more "regal" or "alien" and both Johnny and Danny are pretty rough, in a different way from Wick or even JonCon. I just hope that they won't waste them both like they have with Mads, Law and others.

I like the Kree/Skrull (and Shi'ar and such) lore, but the MCU botched it. Honestly, a short haired tomboy alcie Carol going to town on Xenos with DBZ fights and great effects would make for an awesome movie. It's just that the MCU is too safe for that, Larson sucks and the flick was pure pandering.

cf2f88043d91066ba116b4cc11cb4896.jpg

That's what we needed. But at least we're (hopefully) getting Theron as Clea.

Death-Doctor-Strange-New-Sorcerer-Supreme.jpg

Her in that costume, someone like Eva Green as Umar, Dormammu back with Mads, and maybe Doom and Mephisto (played by people I like) thrown in could make DS3 even crazier than this.

As for Kang, he's been butchered. I've given up on him. I'll buy the doll and swap the heads. If they make an FB3 Jude Law, I'm going with him. If not, it's Bale. But my only hope as of right now is some Variant or whatever. This is my Kang.

kang-dynasty-c57ce943-d18e-4fc3-afca-b9a5c4691f7-resize-750.jpeg

Take away the Antiquity aesthetic, and he's just not Kang.

I'm anxious to see what roles Cavill and Keanu get. One of my current ideas is that if I dislike MCU Namor (though, again, I'm waiting to see before I judge since there are photos where he's got that arrogant look), I'm going to swap a Keanu head (from either John Wick or Silverhands; depends which is cheaper on the aftermarket), as he really works for Namor.

james-holland-namorb-insta.jpg

My fancast was Luke Evans and they're similar. Back in the 2000s I was aboard the Quinto train.

DvqkGPR.jpg

But if Keanu plays another major role where his face is visible, I won't be able to do that for continuity's sake. So I'm waiting to see where both Cavill and him land. Cavill could be Brian Braddock, Doom or Cyclops. Keanu I'm feeling will be someone like the Silver Surfer, but who knows? People hyped him for GR, but he doesn't fit the role; he needs something more "regal" or "alien" and both Johnny and Danny are pretty rough, in a different way from Wick or even JonCon. I just hope that they won't waste them both like they have with Mads, Law and others.
What if Kang has black hands and a black neck? Gonna have to paint those areas if you want to swap him with a white guys head. :lol

I'm just waiting for F4 and GR casting. Sure seems like Norman Reedus wants that GR role. Quinto or Evans would have been an awesome Namor. Diversify your portfolio bro.

Cavill would be an awesome Cyclops. I think Captain Britain would be too similar to Superman's abilities and Cavill would rather just do something different like Cyclops, which would be a decades long role.
KR will be Iron Fist lol
Not sure if we will ever see Iron Fist again with the series getting trashed and Shang-Chi doing the karate thing. Iron Fist is awesome street level.
angry-cannibal.gif

I'm rooting for Surfer myself. He'd nail the slightly detached, somber, alien style, then be able to go on a Wick-style freakout when Norrid's pushed too far.
Surfer should like the Hulk in that he bounces around many different franchise movies. Not sure if Keanu would be up for many appearances of a character.

Thing with the X-Men is that Fox/Singer really did most of the big storylines. The spectacle just wasn't there for me along with missing key character traits. To not have Wolverine recognize Sabretooth immediately put me off on enjoying the FoX-Men.

P.S. Remove your trash Dune signature! lol It's Strange time!

Yeah, the Bale types want a one-and-done thing, but we went from actual leading men to random D-Listers. I wouldn't complain if they looked like their counterparts, but all the casting choices lately are weird. Superheroes should look like specimens, especially someone like Namor. The performance could still be passable and everything, but you get me. Momoa isn't a huge talent, but he's a big guy who looks good. He fits the Superhero look.

I remember back when the MCU folks prided themselves that they were sticking close to the comics instead of just adding black leather and "realism" everywhere. And now we're here... Whatever, I have the comic versions, and a little bit of modding can salvage most figures. I'll get a muscular body, some of the TBLeague Egyptian parts and then try and mod Ultimate Namor, if it comes to that. Or buy both Aquamomoa from 2, and MCU Namor, and swap things around. I remain optimistic, but the first BP already wasn't to my liking with how divorced it was from my preferred comic runs, and every little tidbit we get from this one doesn't fill me with much confidence. I am still mad we're not getting this though.

Poster-09.jpg

It looked so perfect... I mean, it's the deep, deep, deeeeeeeep sea. Shouldn't Atlanteans look pale at this point, no matter how they started? Even assuming tech/magic that let them breathe underwater, they'd eventually change due to their surroundings in 10K+ years of living under near non-existant light conditions. That "The Depths" comic got it right. They'll probably go with some air pocket or something, they won't have them swimming around the sea.

Whatever, I'm just repeating the same things now, like a broken record. I'll just have to wait and see, nothing else to be said. Maybe some other company will make a third-party comic-based Namor. Let's just hope the FF and X-Men are better cast/handled.

JL is always good, but his role was just insignificant. Couldn't they at least had made him Mar-Vell? He's entirely being wasted... Anyway, HT just doesn't have a great track record with villains. Yellowjacket, Crossbones, Yon-Rogg, they all got protos and then nothing. Ronan didn't even get that. I'm certainly disappointed, I'll tell you that.
Yeah, that was a missed opportunity to get Luke Evans into the MCU. I remember he was being considered for the role of Doctor Strange before Benedict Cumberbatch got the role. I really do hope that Evans will get an MCU role at some point. Just gotta hope if he does that the role won't be wasted. Like Jude Law was wasted.

Not MCU related, but I’ve always thought Luke Evans would be a perfect Skeletor/Keldor if they ever got that MOTU movie off the ground.

I was hoping Luke Evans was going to be Dr Strange back when but that fan art of him as Namor is pretty compelling.Charlize not being Danvers was just one of Feiges biggest fumbles. I’ve heard Reeves was most interested in Ghost Rider which would be a natural fit. I think Keanu understands his thespian limits combined with his age.

What if Kang has black hands and a black neck? Gonna have to paint those areas if you want to swap him with a white guys head. :lol
From the statue at the end of Loki he has the comic accurate suit with the collar, gloves and everything. So it'll just be a case of swapping a head.

loki-finale-kang-statue.jpg

Looks just like all those Antiquity statues...

I'm just waiting for F4 and GR casting. Sure seems like Norman Reedus wants that GR role. Quinto or Evans would have been an awesome Namor. Diversify your portfolio bro.
I'm not that much invested in GR anymore, I just need a good one for my shelf. I hope Cage doesn't come back if I'm being honest, because I want him to play a role with more flair. Mephisto or Doom, something to that effect.

As for Namor, I've already expressed my disappointment, but I'm reserving a sliver of hope because while in some pics he looks awful and like a pudgy dweeb, in others he's got that egotistical look which fits.

collage-fd-e1623107732836.jpg

I still would've preferred a 6ft+ hot Namor that's more Med than Native American, but I can deal with it. It's not awful casting to the level of Kang. I think they'll give him a closed costume with no ab windows, so worst case scenario I'll swap a Keanu head. Or I'll wait for a 3rd party comic Namor. Or mod an Aquamomoa. It's too early, so I'll wait. But my Namor he ain't.

sumit-malhotra-01.jpg

My Namor is statuesque, regal, hot, arrogant and terrifying. There's a reason he's popular with women and gay men. Check Twitter and Tumblr and you'll see. Lots of folks were pissed off with the casting since they didn't get their eye candy. And I'm similarly disappointed, as I've already said that if I'm spending 300€ per figure, I want to look at beautiful people on my shelf. But again, it's not Kang-level bad for me. It's disappointing, but eh, I can kinda deal with it. It's just that this he isn't.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So generally I'm discouraged from buying multiples and will stick with one for the Illuminati, whereas with an accurate Namor I could go for various looks for more than one displays (one with the Illuminati, another with the X-Men, one more with the F4, etc). But who knows, I may like him enough once I see him in action and soak it in as an AU. I remain hopeful in any case.

Cavill would be an awesome Cyclops. I think Captain Britain would be too similar to Superman's abilities and Cavill would rather just do something different like Cyclops, which would be a decades long role.
Depends on how young they go with the MCU X-Men and so on. I want them as grownups myself, but we'll see. Cavill fits a lot of roles and he needs the redemption, so I want him to get something high profile and not a meme like Hyperion or Gladiator.

Not sure if we will ever see Iron Fist again with the series getting trashed and Shang-Chi doing the karate thing. Iron Fist is awesome street level.
I never cared much for the street stuff, especially IF.

Surfer should like the Hulk in that he bounces around many different franchise movies. Not sure if Keanu would be up for many appearances of a character.
Eh, I don't see why not. He keeps doing the Wick sequels and something like Surfer wouldn't require that much effort. Maybe he'll play the actual Kang who comes in and kills Clown Kang...

Thing with the X-Men is that Fox/Singer really did most of the big storylines. The spectacle just wasn't there for me along with missing key character traits. To not have Wolverine recognize Sabretooth immediately put me off on enjoying the FoX-Men.
I have a soft spot for the FoX-Men, but it's been so long, and they were so watered down, that everyone will forget about them and embrace the MCU approach if they don't screw up the casting, and embrace all the Sci-Fi elements.

P.S. Remove your trash Dune signature! lol It's Strange time!
dune-universe-paul-atreides.gif

Yeah, that was a missed opportunity to get Luke Evans into the MCU. I remember he was being considered for the role of Doctor Strange before Benedict Cumberbatch got the role. I really do hope that Evans will get an MCU role at some point. Just gotta hope if he does that the role won't be wasted. Like Jude Law was wasted.
Evans got lowkey blacklisted after he publicly came out. Same as Matt Bomer. They're literally perfect for superheroes and they're nowhere to be seen.

Maybe they'll get Luke Evans back as Dracula as a nod to the Dark Universe's failure... But I'm not holding my breath.

Not MCU related, but I’ve always thought Luke Evans would be a perfect Skeletor/Keldor if they ever got that MOTU movie off the ground.
Right after Thundercats...

I was hoping Luke Evans was going to be Dr Strange back when but that fan art of him as Namor is pretty compelling.Charlize not being Danvers was just one of Feiges biggest fumbles. I’ve heard Reeves was most interested in Ghost Rider which would be a natural fit. I think Keanu understands his thespian limits combined with his age.
Feige has been fumbling lots of castings lately, let's be honest. I'm glad Theron's (reportedly) playing Clea though; I prefer her as a character.

I don't know if I can see Reeves as Blaze. Maybe an older Ketch with the blue flames. But I think they'll keep him for someone more "important". Big names like that they keep for their villains or mentors mostly.

Last edited:
Folks were thinking the Peacemaker guy could've been playing the Silver Surfer, but it's been practically confirmed that he's playing the High Evolutionary.

FR3Koc9VkAEiCGx

Well, he's missing the handlebar which is a shame, since this looks makes him look more like Darkseid. Well, I just hope he has the pink & chrome colour scheme. No comment on the actor, I haven't seen him in anything. But I hope they make the figure if the design comes out good. I love all that crazy Marvel Cosmic stuff.

I am kinda disappointed though since I wanted Cooper for the role ever since GotG 1. Voicing Rocket and then playing his creator would've just been nice. Honestly, I just like Cooper and figured that'd be a way to get a dolly of him, since now I don't think he'll appear in any proper MCU role. Maybe he can play Hal when DC makes a GL movie in 2045...

Apparently Howard Stern is working on a
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back