Mattel ghostbusters conversion (update 12-28-2012 PG1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel ghostbusters conversion (updated page 1)

Okay, did a little more work to the figure... mostly just weathered up the uniforms and padded out Venkman and Stantz. Also gave Ray a cigarette.

Egon's glasses are temporary until I can get a nice wire pair.

gbh.jpg

gbi.jpg

gbj.jpg

Those are looking great! I still need to finish my own figures. I'm also in the process of redoing the molds for the pads so I can get back into it. It wont be for another month or so though. Glad to see the GBs still get some love.

Thats a great kit, I have one of them and I think its in perfect scale with the 1/6 figures. I would highly recommend it!

Thats a great kit, I have one of them and I think its in perfect scale with the 1/6 figures. I would highly recommend it!
Hey Astro, great to hear from you! Remember when we used to do the GBs figures out of scratch? LOL! Can you post a pic of your terror dog next to one of your figs? THanks! :hi5:

Those were the days Sal haha. I'm glad to see you are still around.

I'll see if I can dig him up. He lives down in my basement as of now. I can say roughly its about 14-15 inches long from what I remember. I also have the stay puft kit they put out. Still the best likeness of him IMO.

Yeah get your Terror dog out Astro :) only thing is you'll need two! How big was the Stay Puft?

I plan on starting a new thread once I get the pads back up and running so I'll be sure to link it on here. I have learned much since I first made those so I should be able to get them out much quicker.

Stay puft I would have to say is a little less than double the banks size so like 13-15 inches.

I did want the Ghostbusters in my collection but there seems to be a lot to do to make them correct and a good standard.
Cheapest I could get all was $350 to my door, im in the UK.

Still want the proper elbow pads for these guys.

I did want the Ghostbusters in my collection but there seems to be a lot to do to make them correct and a good standard.
Cheapest I could get all was $350 to my door, im in the UK.

Thats a great price if you ask me :lecture

Converting them is a whole different story though and can quickly get expensive.

Mine are on the way.

Had all four, but finally sold them. Just couldn't get past the lousy head sculpts...when they're in the same detolf as HT figures, it really shows how lousy they are...it's a shame because the uniforms and equipment were amazing IMO. :dunno

Had all four, but finally sold them. Just couldn't get past the lousy head sculpts...when they're in the same detolf as HT figures, it really shows how lousy they are...it's a shame because the uniforms and equipment were amazing IMO. :dunno

Are you referring to the Mattel HS/Bodies?

This thread is about the conversion, which most likely means you switched out the mattel bodies with TT bodies and Spencer's HS.
Too much work for me so I left it to the one and only King of Customizing Elvis1976 :wink1:

Spencers heads and some redone belts are really all you need to get them looking much better.

I just keep tweaking and adding to mine since I built all the GB's gear in 1:1 prop form. Its made me a stickler for accuracy in these figures so I don't think I will ever be satisfied with them haha.

My pads should be back up and running in about a week for anyone who wants them. I'll be sure to post a thread about it too.

My pads should be back up and running in about a week for anyone who wants them. I'll be sure to post a thread about it too.

Awesome. They're the last piece I need to finish off mine.

Back