Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

I mean the the Rock Warriors in all likelihood originally had far more unique parts and then these parts were then cut and replaced with trapjaw or roboto parts which in my opinion sucks as these are the Rock Warriors....warriors made from rocks man!!

I'm surprised anybody thought these guys would fold up like the vintage figures. Mattel has stated from day one that they would simulate any action features the original figures had, but they wouldn't have the working feature. I think the lone exception has been Roboto with his working gears.

If they made these fully tooled,transformable rocks like the originals,we'd be paying $80+ for this set and all the whiners would be whining about the price and begging that Granita be included in the set because of the price.

The Rocks do what they are suppose to do...they look good standing,look like their vintage and still transform into rocks.Good enough for me

And the rule of deminished expectations continues....oh well.

No one outside Mattel knows the exact cost.
I think it's daft that some of you even go there in the ways that some of you do. ie you sound as though you know stuff, but ya don't.

Regardless, some like these and that's cool.

I think given how cool the characters are, I am massively dissapointed which isn't really up for a debate! ;)

I get what you're saying. I recall thinking how messed up it was when I got Mosquitor that we've been trained to be excited to just see a few new parts. It is ridiculous.

I'm a bit torn. We know that parts re-use is how they made the line work financially. We've known this from the start, and had to deal with it on quite a few figures. So I get where people are coming from on the "why are you surprised" angle.

On the other hand, As much as I'm a fan of the NA characters or concept characters and the like, it easier to swallow re-use on those, perhaps because it helps bring them more into the MOTUC fold. I'm perfectly happy with what we got, but in the back of my head there is something that says that all the vintage figures should get unique parts when it's needed.

At the same time, I guess I understand the idea of picking your battles. We don't know the internal economics that go into these, but with the extra rock bits it's a pretty good guess that is one reason they went with reused arm and leg pieces. Do I love it? No. Is it livable? Yeah, I think so this time.

But I agree about the Trap Jaw parts. I think they have been thoroughly milked. I don't want to see Blast Attak with Trap Jaw parts! Though we probably will...

So likely canditates for TYJ parts are Blast Attack and whatever NA characters we are going to get.
(Karatti makes is 8 by the way.)

Hoove? Darius? Flogg?

And the rule of deminished expectations continues....oh well.

I think it's daft that some of you even go there in the ways that some of you do. ie you sound as though you know stuff, but ya don't.

Regardless, some like these and that's cool.

I think given how cool the characters are, I am massively dissapointed which isn't really up for a debate! ;)

I hear what you are saying,and I agree to a point....I think that it was a cost issue of why they were not fully tooled,especially in a year of 2 fully tooled figures (Ram Man/Mantenna) and there may be some more newly,but not 100%, tooled figures coming this year too

If the two pack is Horde Troopers or Skeletor's Robots...thats another fully tooled figures...Toyguru did say we were getting 2 fully tooled (and maybe more) in 2013

I do like what we are getting...could they be better? I suppose.I say wait till Pixel Dan does his review on them

Nobody will ever know the numbers outside of Mattel, but even the Four Horsemen on the RGD podcast admitted how super expensive it is to cut steel molds for new tooling. I think they even gave a number but I can't recall what it was exactly. They were basically explaining why they end up using 90% shared tooling for their Fantastic Exclusive figures, and even then it's hard to keep the costs down ($30 for Scarabus).

I hear what you are saying,and I agree to a point....I think that it was a cost issue of why they were not fully tooled,especially in a year of 2 fully tooled figures (Ram Man/Mantenna) and there may be some more newly,but not 100%, tooled figures coming this year too

If the two pack is Horde Troopers or Skeletor's Robots...thats another fully tooled figures...Toyguru did say we were getting 2 fully tooled (and maybe more) in 2013

I do like what we are getting...could they be better? I suppose.I say wait till Pixel Dan does his review on them

how bout some fully tooled Skeleton warriors?

still don't get why that's bad, but he-man's fuzzy boots, or skeletors clawed feet are forgiveable.

I'd think that was sort of obvious. Those pieces are very generic looking. The Trap Jaw parts are much more recognizable. Yes, you could say all these people buy their mechanical boots from the same place everyone buys their strapped furry boots, but maybe it's because the furry boots were re-used all throughout the vintage lines. The mechanical boots, not so much.

still don't get why that's bad, but he-man's fuzzy boots, or skeletors clawed feet are forgiveable.

When did I say those were forgivable?

I count 5 characters with the same Skele boots and feet.
There are 8 characters and counting with TJ parts.

Nobody will ever know the numbers outside of Mattel, but even the Four Horsemen on the RGD podcast admitted how super expensive it is to cut steel molds for new tooling. I think they even gave a number but I can't recall what it was exactly. They were basically explaining why they end up using 90% shared tooling for their Fantastic Exclusive figures, and even then it's hard to keep the costs down ($30 for Scarabus).

You do realise I am on the podcast and I even get to hear what they say too?!

I remember it being about 22k for a steel mould for new figure and if you remember correctly, they don't use the same materials or manufactures as Mattel.
Mattel can do huge runs, the 4HM cannot. Huge runs means for cheaper costing for an individual figures.

As for NA figures re-using parts I'd say:

Trap Jaw leg candidates:
Butthead
Hoove

Trap Jaw arm candidates:
Hoove
Quakke
Kayo

He-Ro boot candidates:
Flogg
Spin-Wit

It'd be cool if they had one new mechanical leg sculpt that some of the NA villains could share, if nothing else, that went all the way up to their thighs. Actually, looking at Blast Attak... if they gave him unique tooling, his legs could probably be re-used for some of the NA mutants very effectively.

fair enough. is it really 8? that's higher than i though.

Trap Jaw, Man-E-Faces, Roboto, Optikk, Horde Prime, Mighty Spector, Karatti, Rokkon and Stonedar.

That's actually 9 and as Jon Wes Rightfully said, those TJ legs are rather distinctive.

They really should've done new legs for Rokkon and Stonedar and used them on the rest of the Blast Attack and or the NA gang I think.

Back