Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty meh on the Rock people,
I'm glad the shell is snap on, I will probably display them w/o those anyway...
I wish Mattel would release half-way decent size pictures of their ****...
seriously....

And I do not mind the re-use of parts so much...
:D

looking at the vintage figures,the new Classics Rock warriors match up pretty well

You do realise I am on the podcast and I even get to hear what they say too?!

I remember it being about 22k for a steel mould for new figure and if you remember correctly, they don't use the same materials or manufactures as Mattel.
Mattel can do huge runs, the 4HM cannot. Huge runs means for cheaper costing for an individual figures.

Yes, I do realize you are on the podcast regularly. I was bringing up that point to illustrate how expensive new tooling can cost. Mattel can do huge runs, but MOTUC is not a huge line with a huge customer base. We know the subscriber base has been cut by about 50% over the last 2 years so I doubt they are making huge runs on anything right now, meaning it takes longer to recoup new tooling costs.

Yes, I do realize you are on the podcast regularly. I was bringing up that point to illustrate how expensive new tooling can cost. Mattel can do huge runs, but MOTUC is not a huge line with a huge customer base. We know the subscriber base has been cut by about 50% over the last 2 years so I doubt they are making huge runs on anything right now, meaning it takes longer to recoup new tooling costs.

All hearsay. You don't know any of that for certain and are taking what Mattel tells you at face value...which I personally find foolish.

We are talking about a company that blames it costumers and not it's products or practices for declining sales.

What company does that? Answer, none!

Ok, so the alternative is to believe that everything Mattel says is false? Or just make up my own truth about the situation regardless of what we've been told? I can understand resentment and embitterment towards Mattel, Scott specifically, for things that have been said in the past but if you think everything that is communicated to us is a misdirection or blatant lie then I think you're reaching a bit towards a conspiracy theory. But I guess that's to be expected when you are passionate about something such as MOTU.

I can understand resentment and embitterment towards Mattel, Scott specifically, for things that have been said in the past but if you think everything that is communicated to us is a misdirection or blatant lie then I think you're reaching a bit towards a conspiracy theory. .

Recent history (and indeed past) tells me that I am definitely not reaching at all.

You are not living on another planet are you?

Which is not me saying that everything they say like subs down 50% is BS but I am just very skepticle when we are given info like that because we have been BS'ed plenty of late...ie. Castle Grayskull, stuff we were told would never be out again and it was, subs avaible at no other time and yet they were...stuff like that give a man cause for suspesion I think you would agree! :)

Last edited:
I can definitely agree that Mattel has said many things that have later on turned out to be be untrue. I think a lot of that comes from Scott over-communicating with the fanbase which is pretty unique for this line. He makes statements and promises that he can't keep because things change quickly in the toy business and during the production process. Mattel is certainly to blame for that and I think Scott would be better off communicating with us less because of outside factors he doesn't have control over or claims he makes without knowing all the details just yet.

Getting back to the point, and having heard from the Four Horsemen specifically, we know that tooling costs are expensive. Certainly Mattel could afford more new tooling for MOTUC, but they also are given a tooling budget from corporate to work with in order to hit certain profit margins. We don't know any of those specific numbers but since there are limited resources to work with there is going to be some give and take with parts reuse in the line.

IMO it is a little over the top to see figures that awesome and only be concerned about what boots they're wearing.

Maybe time to do something else for a few days? I dunno....

They are pretty awesome in pretty much every other way. I love the paint apps on the rocky bits a lot.

I'd rather not waste my time on what Mattel doesn't do or say...
I prefer enjoying the kick-*** figures they've released so far and look forward to the upcoming ones...

Well that's the thing, if they never said anything at all, like other companies do, there wouldn't half this stuff.

Fame is a fickle thing!

Well that's the thing, if they never said anything at all, like other companies do, there wouldn't half this stuff.

Fame is a fickle thing!

eamon dont really understand you first you made such a big deal that mattel made frosta to ugly that you wouldnt date (which rofl is sad that you would consider it in the first place , its a toy) now your complaining that they are reusing parts on a line that basically uses reused parts that even in the vintage line they did this, whats your deal man? dont like it? then dont buy it, you go on podcast with them believe it or not your helping promoting the line you tend to hate.

eamon dont really understand you first you made such a big deal that mattel made frosta to ugly that you wouldnt date (which rofl is sad that you would consider it in the first place , its a toy) now your complaining that they are reusing parts on a line that basically uses reused parts that even in the vintage line they did this, whats your deal man? dont like it? then dont buy it, you go on podcast with them believe it or not your helping promoting the line you tend to hate.

I am truly very very sorry my opinions wound you so deeply.

May I suggest you hit mute when i am on the podcast! :peace

I am truly very very sorry my opinions wound you so deeply.

May I suggest you hit mute when i am on the podcast! :peace

im not saying you shouldnt be on the podcast im saying for the amount you complain about how the line is going you should not help promote the line if it bothers you so much. i mean the rock warriors are awesome the only part that bothers me is the back rock piece and is it removable not really the boots, i mean atleast these are painted and not just solid black or grey.

Of the two podcasts I've listed to, Eamon was the best part. BUuuut the boots issue does seem a little overblown.

I guess i just don't notice them. Didn't even realise horde prime wore them.

Me neither.

This sort of thing usually bothers me, but I dunno, I guess I don't really care in this instance. Still... Is there a good side-by-side pic of the new Rock Lords, the vintage ones, and maybe Filmation/comic (or wherever they appeared, if they appeared in media at all)?

Me neither.

This sort of thing usually bothers me, but I dunno, I guess I don't really care in this instance. Still... Is there a good side-by-side pic of the new Rock Lords, the vintage ones, and maybe Filmation/comic (or wherever they appeared, if they appeared in media at all)?

The Rock Warriors were a bit of deal.
They were in both UK and US comics as well as story books (all with varying origins) and they featured in some very memorable episode of She-Ra.

They are very cool characters I think!

vintage_059_full.jpg

Back