Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So aside from the groin, no new parts what so ever!

Very dissapointing from what they should've been I feel.

there is some new parts...the heads,guns,the torso armor,and the armor rock pieces that will snap on.Stondar has new tool biceps

I'd say genius parts re-use on these guys using the regular buck and trap jaw/man E faces parts

Last edited:
It makes sense there's few new body parts given the other extra stuff that needed to be made to make it work (the rock parts notably I think). In an ideal world every figure would be like Mantenna, but I would have expected the amount of re-use that I see on those rock guys. Actually surprised there's as much new stuff as there is, especially if they are an exclusive.

I don't know, I like the figures and all, but I just feel so burnt out with the whole lead up to the reveals that I'm not overly excited. Nothing against those who enjoy surprises, but for me I want to know ASAP. I don't know if this was Mattel's attempt to generate buzz, but for me it had the opposite affect. This feeling is even more pronounced regarding subscriptions. I know that Scott says that legal won't let them disclose what will be in the sub for the year, but I don't see how a simple disclaimer wouldn't ratify that issue. I am growing more and more eager for this line to end, not because of the figures(which I love, except POP), but because of Mattel!

Mattel is the only toy company that I have ever known to use the concept of "spoilers".

yay a new head!!

Weapon don't count when I am referring to new body parts.

These are cheap.

They should've look like this:

393805.jpg

400894.jpg

Yes, that would have been nice to basically get 100% newly tooled figures… but how could anyone expect two newly tooled figures for some fairly obscure characters that are probably going to be released as an exclusive?

I don't know, I like the figures and all, but I just feel so burnt out with the whole lead up to the reveals that I'm not overly excited. Nothing against those who enjoy surprises, but for me I want to know ASAP. I don't know if this was Mattel's attempt to generate buzz, but for me it had the opposite affect. This feeling is even more pronounced regarding subscriptions. I know that Scott says that legal won't let them disclose what will be in the sub for the year, but I don't see how a simple disclaimer wouldn't ratify that issue. I am growing more and more eager for this line to end, not because of the figures(which I love, except POP), but because of Mattel!

In a way,I kinda want the line to end soon too but there is still a few more characters that's needed yet.I am still not sure how the 2014 sub will go considering that they are still going to put in some questionable fan demanded figures in

yay a new head!!

Weapon don't count when I am referring to new body parts.

These are cheap.

They should've look like this:

393805.jpg

400894.jpg

Those designs are great...but what Mattel has revealed I do like

I think they look great. Can't wait to see some bigger pics!

Rokkon Mattel
:rock2

Agreed!

I think the guys look great, myself. The torsos are done in such a way that they look like more than just new armor. We all want new molds for arms and legs, but... well, welcome to MOTUC. :D I'd love to have some new arms and legs because some pieces are sure getting played out, but I think it looks great for the amount of re-use that there is. If you count the rock pieces, this technically has more new pieces than a lot of figures.

And yes, I wish Mattel would join the current century and provide larger pics! Grrrr.

In a way,I kinda want the line to end soon too but there is still a few more characters that's needed yet.I am still not sure how the 2014 sub will go considering that they are still going to put in some questionable fan demanded figures in

I agree, I can't wait to get the rest of the vintage line, but I am nervousness about what Scott deems "fan demanded".

I think the guys look great, myself. The torsos are done in such a way that they look like more than just new armor. We all want new molds for arms and legs, but... well, welcome to MOTUC. :D I'd love to have some new arms and legs because some pieces are sure getting played out, but I think it looks great for the amount of re-use that there is. If you count the rock pieces, this technically has more new pieces than a lot of figures.

And yes, I wish Mattel would join the current century and provide larger pics! Grrrr.

I wonder if the price will reflect this?

I think or have suspicion we could see Granita in the Filmation Sub...she was recently trademarked

Icer
Shokoti
Batros
Seahawk
Strongarm (Strong-or)
Granita (the wild card)

Mantenna is pretty much a 100% new tool.

These are the Rock Warriors, they appeared in loads of stuff, far more than many other characters who got more love that these dudes.

Rokkon and Stonedar were big deals when I was a kid so I for one expected a bit more love for them than the reuse AGAIN!!!! of the Trap Jaw legs and arms.

I think they are nice but they are far less than I was expecting.

Back