Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling Karratti for the low price of $25 shipped...so anybody who wants one waaaay cheaper than matty- see me

Ok here is a little test for all ya'll.

Read the latest comments from Mattel regarding the Rock Warriors.

Then looks that these pics and see if you guys can figure out what is up with all that.
This is the kind of things that for me personally, I find really flippen annoying and does somewhat effects my enjoyment when I look at a figure!
As I said previously if there was no communication like what other companies I wouldn't even be going there.

Y3215.jpg

397833.jpg

Since forever they put the "Actual product may vary" message...
this is a clear example of it... :dunno

I get what you're saying Eamon... I really do... but don't let these type of things affect you so much and make you upset about collecting the line. It's not worth it...

THis happens all the time with toys, the problem here is that now, every single little thing with Matty is under so much scrutiny, they might seem to be a larger issue than what they really are...

I know I might sound like an apologist, but I honestly think things are greatly exaggerated...

yeah the prototypes sport the leg bands or newly tooled thigh and the actual product doesn't....Mattel being cheap again

Toyguru brought this up in the Rokkon/stonedar Org thread

Yeah, they went with including the weapons versus using the new upper thigh pieces with the bands. I think it was the wrong choice. I would have rather gotten the weapons in a future weapons pak, but I can see why they went the way they did, too.

That being said, it won't lessen my enjoyment of these figures at all. They are still pretty killer looking.

Yeah, they went with including the weapons versus using the new upper thigh pieces with the bands. I think it was the wrong choice. I would have rather gotten the weapons in a future weapons pak, but I can see why they went the way they did, too.

That being said, it won't lessen my enjoyment of these figures at all. They are still pretty killer looking.

I agree....though the nitpicking does get a little old,but I see the views on both sides.I probably wouldn't of noticed those bands until someone pointed them out to me, which the parts "nit pick police" did on the Org.

Never get tired of seeing all the creative character names Mattel came up with for these guys. I bet it took weeks to come up with "Rokkon" and "Stonedar" for their men whose power was that they could disguise themselves as. . .rocks.

I don't think you guys are quite understanding what I am referring to.

• We were told that the legs in that cardback pics were new legs. They aren't.They are old legs with the clips meant to substitute/double up for a new upper thigh.
• We were told that the clips across the legs (which had tech details as per original toy thigh) were too expensive to do...yet there they are only now behind the leg for some bizarre reason when they were specifically design to be a detail on the upper leg as per original toy.
• It's said that these cost as much as Ram Man. Which just cannot be the case as the bodies are all the regular buck. New bodies is what costs we are constantly being told.

It's not much to many of you and I appreciate I may be "too close" for want of a better word but sloppy crap like this really erks me.

Either know what you are taking about or just don't talk!! Least that's my thinking.

And the figures would look better and more unique had the clips been added the way they were designed.

Never get tired of seeing all the creative character names Mattel came up with for these guys. I bet it took weeks to come up with "Rokkon" and "Stonedar" for their men whose power was that they could disguise themselves as. . .rocks.

As apposed to amazingly clever names like Snow Job and Blow Torch right? ;)

Well the Joes had their share of uncreative names, but Snow Job is a bad example because it's pretty clever as far as kids' lines goes, considering the dual meaning. He-Man though, I know you're a fan, but let's call a spade a spade. It's like they thought about these names for 5-10 seconds max, then just went with it, for nearly the whole line. Beast Man, Ram Man, Stinkor, Rokkon, Snake Face, etc.

there is new tooling in the rock armor though...both have unique rock parts

4. Loo-Kee: Castaspella will be the last Vintage POP character to be released for 2013 (or is she?). I know this next question might be a little in advance, but knowing you reworked the 2014 sub, how many Vintage POP characters are slotted for the 2014 sub? Thank you!

If 2014 moves forward it will have more POP figures than any previous year.

More POP in '14? looks like I am out buying 2 subs in 2014

I am expecting Scorpia,Glimmer,Mermista in '14,but anymore I just cannot handle

Well the Joes had their share of uncreative names, but Snow Job is a bad example because it's pretty clever as far as kids' lines goes, considering the dual meaning. He-Man though, I know you're a fan, but let's call a spade a spade. It's like they thought about these names for 5-10 seconds max, then just went with it, for nearly the whole line. Beast Man, Ram Man, Stinkor, Rokkon, Snake Face, etc.

Back Blast, Rock'n'Role, Road Pig, Bull Horn, Clutch, Dee Jay.

Oh yeah, we should bow our heads in shame.

Have Back Blast, Snow Job and Blow Torch ever appreared in the same scene? If not, they really should!! :lol

4. Loo-Kee: Castaspella will be the last Vintage POP character to be released for 2013 (or is she?). I know this next question might be a little in advance, but knowing you reworked the 2014 sub, how many Vintage POP characters are slotted for the 2014 sub? Thank you!

If 2014 moves forward it will have more POP figures than any previous year.

More POP in '14? looks like I am out buying 2 subs in 2014

I am expecting Scorpia,Glimmer,Mermista in '14,but anymore I just cannot handle

Yeah, I'm done too. I've been contemplating getting rid of the collections sans the 82-83 figs, and I think I will at this point. I never wanted the POP/NA/other stuff in the first place.

• We were told that the legs in that cardback pics were new legs. They aren't.They are old legs with the clips meant to substitute/double up for a new upper thigh.

I was able to blow up that new pic, and I can see what you mean now. I was just going off what TG said (dangerous, I know) but you can clearly see that they were clips. I wonder if they couldn't get "pretty" designed clips to work so we got the more basic clips?

You know, I honestly don't think TG tries to bamboozle us with these things. I just think he tries to speak about things he doesn't really know about off-hand. These clearly are clips and not unique tooled thighs. Surely the design would go all the way around instead of just cutting off if that were true?

I can't say I can muster a lot of passion to be annoyed about this one, though. The overall figures look great to me still. I might feel a slight pang for what could have been, but that's about it. I did notice that the rock sections got bigger (and not a pleasing) and to be honest I'd rather them forgot about the transforming rock thing and gave us something that looked better in figure form. I mean, how many people will display them as rocks! LOL.

Selling Karratti for the low price of $25 shipped...so anybody who wants one waaaay cheaper than matty- see me

Is he still available? I think I'll take you up on that if he is. I would PM you but would want to make sure you box isn't full first since I've discovered that it seems PMs sent when someone's PM box is full are just deleted and they never get them.

I honestly don't think TG tries to bamboozle us with these things. I just think he tries to speak about things he doesn't really know about off-hand.

I've said this before but to me incompetence isn't any better than deception and certainly isn't an acceptable excuse for accidental deception, if that is in fact what has continued to happened over and over on a very routine basis over several years.

Back