Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snikt is disappointed in you, civilian.
giphy.gif

Thought I'd post this here too. BP passes TLJ today.:horror

What's more remarkable is BP did it with much fewer screens - it opened on 150 fewer screens, but TLJ had in its favor agreements that committed the full number of theaters to show TLJ for a full month, whereas BP theater screen numbers dropped normally after opening weekend.

1qQ1rvd.png

Excellent, this should be a rude awakening for Lucasfilm to give the people what they want and not what they think its good for “us”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent, this should be a rude awakening for Lucasfilm to give the people what they want and not what they think its good for “us”
Disney: "I earned a billion bucks with this mediocre product"
Disney: "Oh no, I earned a smidgen more than a billion bucks in less time with this other mediocre product"
Disney: "Well, this surely feels like a rude awakening doesn't it"

I wish I had that sort of rude awakening.

Disney: "I earned a billion bucks with this mediocre product"
Disney: "Oh no, I earned a smidgen more than a billion bucks in less time with this other mediocre product"
Disney: "Well, this surely feels like a rude awakening doesn't it"

I wish I had that sort of rude awakening.

Disney distributes the films and provide the merchandise, the films are left to the studios themselves. Im still amazed Robert Downey Jr will get 200 million from both IW FILMS. This should piss off Lucasfilm just and make them more money hungry since the Sw hype has died down now.

Killmonger is one of the top 3 villains that MCU has put on screen. His character is deep, tortured, and complex. This movie was the best MCU movie I've seen in a while(and it has its flaws). Infinity War was much better, but Black Panther was a great movie.

Killmonger is one of the bottom 3 villains that MCU has put on screen. His character is week and generic yet overcomplicated. This movie was the worst MCU movie I've seen since IM3. Infinity War wasn't much better, unfortunately.

Lmao ^ I swear we saw a different movie then everyone else

Killmonger is one of the top 3 villains that MCU has put on screen. His character is deep, tortured, and complex. This movie was the best MCU movie I've seen in a while(and it has its flaws). Infinity War was much better, but Black Panther was a great movie.

Killmonger is one of the bottom 3 villains that MCU has put on screen. His character is week and generic yet overcomplicated. This movie was the worst MCU movie I've seen since IM3. Infinity War wasn't much better, unfortunately.

I think you guys miss the point that Killmonger was just a cool badass dude with a sweet look. Would have loved to have seen more of his "street" look.

20b3NC0.png

Just saw BP last night....missed it at cinema. Good film but by God has it been blown out of all proportion. Solid 6/10 but wouldn't be in top 4 marvel films. People do like to run with the crowd.

So, I caught this on BR last night, and... Jesus, talk about blowing things out of proportion. Boring, cliche by-the-numbers plot, script ripped out of a High Schooler's fan-fic and a general feel that borderlined on ridiculous. Oh, and downright atrocious CGI. It was well-shot though; it felt like a real movie. So, uh, it's a 5/10, maybe 5.5/10 if I'm being generous. I'm done buying into the hype, no matter what.
UnknownZestyBeagle-max-1mb.gif

Yeah, Movie was ok at best. I waited a couple weeks to see it. I felt the same way after finally seeing Wonder Woman with the movie not matching the hype, but I think i'd say I even enjoyed WW over this. Its at best a middle tier MCU movie. The most fun character in the movie was Klaue, what a waste. Andy Serkis was great.

And Killmonger is the most boring and unoriginal Marvel Villain to date. The praise he gets is laughable. He's basically Black Hitler. Except he's not just content with exterminating one group of people. He wants to give ALL the black people of the world the weapons and means to either kill every other race or enslave them. Yeah, that's an ideology fans should get behind.... :cuckoo:

Great compelling villain people can sympathize with? And how many tattoos are on his body signifying people he's killed? 1000's? He's really a great but misunderstood guy...

I'd imagine critics/reviewers and general press were afaid to be negative towards these. One of the first mainstream black superheroes....no way this was going to be called average...even though that's what it was.

Saw this last night and don't see what the big deal is.

It's a decent movie but no where near what people were saying about it at release.

When does this film come out on dvd/blu-ray? I want to see it at home NOW

edit - digital release is May 8th, then d/b May 15th. So it should be soon!

Back