Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KjUMsa8.jpg

OMFNXBc.jpg

Ks9Xvqs.jpg

Wife and I finally watched this, took a couple nights to get through. The first BP is her favorite Marvel movie, but we literally looked at each other as the credits began to roll and simultaneously said “I hated it.”

What a dull, lifeless movie. None of the remaining actors had the same presence and charisma as Chadwick, except for Winston Duke, and he was criminally underutilized in the film. At *least* 45 minutes could have been cut, the clumsy setups for Ironheart and Thunderbolts reminded me of Iron Man 2. Editing just seemed to let lots of shots and scenes last a few beats too long—movies like this always makes me think of how the original cut of Star Wars was supposedly edited without much zest or energy, and how different of a film that could have been if Lucas hadn’t brought his wife in to fix it. Oh and the editing of the two simultaneous final fights was just atrocious.

Music was also pretty dull, both the score and the licensed stuff. That montage of them getting ready for the final battle almost put me to sleep.

I get that the movie was designed in large part to memorialize and honor Chadwick, but to me it felt more like a downer funeral dirge. I dunno, I just feel like 10 years from now, with his death much farther in the rear view mirror, people will be wishing they had just recast T’challa and continued his story instead. For me it was just another post-Endgame Marvel thing that left me cold and feeling little to no motivation to ever do a rewatch of Phase 4. Loki and Moon Knight (which has literally nothing to do with the main MCU) were really the only things I’ve thoroughly enjoyed, probably followed by Doctor Strange, and that was mostly due to Sam Raimi’s style.

Last edited:
I watched mostly for Namor so now they can transfer him to the FF movie and introduce Dr. Doom.

Wife and I finally watched this, took a couple nights to get through. The first BP is her favorite Marvel movie, but we literally looked at each other as the credits began to roll and simultaneously said “I hated it.”

What a dull, lifeless movie...

Found deleted scene for BP2-WF

Maybe it will change your mind about it all.

I finally watched on D+ and was pretty bored by this. I thought the first BP was ok, but this one just was missing something but goes along with all the movies after Endgame.

Back