Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange love relationship. Especially how it started out o_O.

Yup.. But so genuine! They loved each other deeply.
tumblr_m52rvoYny61qitp7go1_500.gif

fangirling here.. :lol

Re: Marvels The Black Panther

Exactly. So upsetting that because the character isnt "default white male" the movie & plot alone is already being typecast as "ghetto" & somehow not worthy of success. Since when did such a title become associated with only a particular racial group?

Im not even of African-American descent but reading some of these comments could most certainly offend. So I ask that some of you guys take caution when discussing this film & its offerings while being respectful of your fellow board members.

I think you missed the whole point, but........:dunno

Not anymore no. But just because a guy's Samoan, doesn't mean he looks African. :dunno :lol

Yeah I was being sarcastic.
Momoa
Jason-Momoa-photo-239x300.jpg

T'challa
T'Challa_(Earth-2814).jpg

ummm... No Scotty

Being a tan white guy does not mean you should play an African King, even if your eyes are sooper dreamy. Next people will be saying Taylor Lautner should play him.

Yeah I was being sarcastic.

Jason-Momoa-photo-239x300.jpg
T'Challa_(Earth-2814).jpg

ummm... No Scotty

Being a tan white guy does not mean you should play an African King, even if your eyes are sooper dreamy. Next people will be saying Taylor Lautner should play him.

I've been dealing with iwezmybed20 most of the day so my sarcasm detector's a bit wonky. You'll have to forgive it. :lol

Forest Whitaker
CM_SB_02_Exclusive_interview_with_forest_whitaker_and_joe_mantagne_fw_383x510.jpg

:lol

In all seriousness, I'd like to see him in the movie as a key character. Great Actor.

But Jason Momoa could easily portay an African American looks wise. I'm not saying they shouldn't go with a real African American actor (but I just couldn't think of one myself, which is pretty sad that there's not many famous ones who aren't older or rappers)

And i'm not the only one who thinks Jason does look black, a quick google search has results, including this one: https://blacksnob.blogspot.com/2008/07/its-like-passing-but-not-really.html

And this is if you were tying to make a joke about me suggesting Taylor Lautner? :monkey4 :lol
tumblr_m0pdld5YEP1qb10wfo1_500.gif

But Jason Momoa could easily portay an African American looks wise. I'm not saying they shouldn't go with a real African American actor (but I just couldn't think of one myself, which is pretty sad that there's not many famous ones who aren't older or rappers)

He looks Samoan, not African. Using a bunch of ignorant/racist blogs to back that argument doesn't work. And Black Panther is African (he's a king of his own country in Africa), not African American. :lol

There is a deep pool of actual African actors who're more than capable of pulling off this role if given the opportunity. I posted a fine example a few pages back.

And i'm not the only one who thinks Jason does look black, a quick google search has results, including this one: https://blacksnob.blogspot.com/2008/07/its-like-passing-but-not-really.html

They're saying he looks black because he has dreads and a tan. They say the old white guy looks black because he has "facial hair that professional whities don't use anymore only brothers" (para.) If this site was ran by a white woman it would be protested as racially stereotyping. yeah, good support :slap

Back