Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, am I the only one here who hates new costume?

9CHIg8B.png

I understand that they're tryin' to make him look more like classic with anatomical stuff, but...
It just look's really stupid, especially in action. New helmet's comical too.

BTW, am I the only one here who hates new costume?

9CHIg8B.png

I understand that they're tryin' to make him look more like classic with anatomical stuff, but...
It just look's really stupid, especially in action. New helmet's comical too.

I don't hate it, but for me first looks it's harder for me to take seriously e.g. the banding on the CW costume and other stuff reminded me more of tactical gear. The new one - first look - just seems like an excuse to show off six-pack abs (like those Thor-without-a-shirt scenes). I don't like the smaller ears either. Like the larger eyes tho.

Tho I'm glad 'coz re IW I'll be spending enough money, and already own HT and Iron Studios BP.

It's like Cap's A1 costume all over again. :lol
Well, maybe not that bad - but bad nonetheless.

It's way worse, IMO.
Roger's Avengers costume looked great on paper but was poorly translated to real life:

1353cf5993fd0dc072c04430c70b198f.jpg

Plus Wheedon decided to cover his original mask with a helmet at the last minute which destroyed the already ruined design completely.

the-evolution-of-captain-americas-uniform-avengers-1.png

. . .

BP's design in his solo movie is the centerpiece so the way it looks is the way it was designed (and approved).
And it boggles my mind... :gah:

I like the new suit but I hate the helmet. The eyes are to big. The helmet on the previous costume looked much more menacing.

The old mask was more regal and aggressive. This looks more traditional comic-like with the older black panther books. I like the cw outfit better all around. But he looks like he can move way better in this. I don't care for the eyes opening up though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I dunno why I didn't think about it before, but...

Iron Man vs Iron Monger ------ armor vs armor
Hulk vs Abomination ---------- Hulk vs Hulk
Captain America vs Red Skull - supersoldier vs supersoldier
Thor vs Loki ----------------- Asgargian vs Asgardian
Ant-Man vs Yellow Jacket ---- armor vs armor
Doctor Strange vs Kaecilius -- sorcerer vs sorcerer
Black Panther vs Killmonger -- armor vs armor

HOLY CRAP, the formula is real. Super ****ing real!

It's like those old Power Rangers episodes where they were just fighting versions of themselves. :lol

Pretty much.
It's a fun concept when you do it to break the "villain of the week" formula.
Now imagine if they were doin' it every month...

Venom makes sense because: a) it used to be Peter's suit; b) Eddie's obsessed with Spidey.
It's perfectly fine that the combination on these two would makes perfect anti Spidey character.

Red Skull makes sense because he's still the head of his organization who wants to rule and doesn't like to do everything himself.
He's not just a brawler who runs around Rogers. He has his troops to do that.
Him and Rogers bein' supermen is more of a metaphor.

Loki knows that he's no match for Thor. He even looks like a tall dweeb.
He'd use deception and tricks to gain advantage.

___

But that's it. There's nothing cool or unique about Hulk vs Hulk, sorcerer vs sorcerer, armor vs armor, etc

There's nothing cool or unique about Hulk vs Hulk, sorcerer vs sorcerer, armor vs armor, etc

Correct. :lecture

And that's mainly because all of those villains (Abomination, Kaecilius, Iron Monger, etc.) existed for the sole purpose of being there for the hero to go against. I suspect the case will be the same with Killmonger.

I dunno why I didn't think about it before, but...

Iron Man vs Iron Monger ------ armor vs armor
Hulk vs Abomination ---------- Hulk vs Hulk
Captain America vs Red Skull - supersoldier vs supersoldier
Thor vs Loki ----------------- Asgargian vs Asgardian
Ant-Man vs Yellow Jacket ---- armor vs armor
Doctor Strange vs Kaecilius -- sorcerer vs sorcerer
Black Panther vs Killmonger -- armor vs armor

HOLY CRAP, the formula is real. Super ****ing real!

All of those makes sense though.

Back