Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fail to see the excitement in this trailer, it must be Marvel fatigue. I just really don't care about any of these characters. At all.
First time I'm actually wondering whether I'll go watch a Marvel movie in the cinema. Even though I'm not the biggest MCU fan, I always go and watch the movies at the cinema for the sheer spectacle of it... but this... meh.
I'm still on for Thor Ragnarok though.

Re this trailer I had the opposite reaction. It was the spectacle of it that grabbed me. I'd been kind of down on this one 'coz no Bucky, no Cap etc. and these are characters I do care about + not having some sort of 5-10 minute tie-in to CW blew IMO. I felt like, c'mon, Civil War movie pretty well made T'Challa a player in a global sense (in the story) and if it were real life Cap's behavior would have been an international media frenzy, and BP was just going to ignore all that? Just coz some folks thought it would "dilute" T'Challa??? Even Homecoming had a crack about Cap's behavior:lol. Heck, if it had been real life folks would have been writing songs about Cap and the fugitives.:lol

Then read some and realized the Russos had been talking about WS/Cap/IM and Vision/Wanda arcs back to 2015; e.g. the fugitive Avengers I guess were already the Russos' "thing" way back and BP is Ryan Coogler's thing, and Ryan Coogler has nothing but good things to say about working with the Russos (and he doesn't come off as BSing). So that was OK. E.g these are directors working all this out so LOL it'll be OK.:cool:

Then I thought at first BP synopsis wasn't THAT interesting:dunno. I could care less re skin color but need a good STORY. Outside of T'Challa why would I care about these characters, I don't know any of them. (Although BP IS supposed to lead to IW which I think the trailer hints at).

But this trailer is a lot more than I thought it was gonna be:clap. Tho I wonder if it just dropped 'coz everyone seemed to be talking about Thor and IW and not so much BP (could be wrong about that). And Marvel didn't want folks to forget about BP:dunno. But I'm impressed.:clap Visuals, a mystic/spiritual aspect, *badassery*, stellar cast.:clap

So it looks like he will have three different outfits on the film

1. CW version
2. New Black and Silver version
3. Black and Gold version

:horror

This will make a ton of money
docbrown.jpg

I don't get it; from the little we saw of Wakandan culture in "Civil War" it seemed to be a pretty normal modern nation in Africa. But now it looks like the country is made up entirely of the cast of Broadway's "The Lion King" and a black version of The Jetsons.

I don't get it; from the little we saw of Wakandan culture in "Civil War" it seemed to be a pretty normal modern nation in Africa. But now it looks like the country is made up entirely of the cast of Broadway's "The Lion King" and a black version of The Jetsons.

The real reason is that Civil War didn't do Wakanda justice.

If we try to make sense of it, we could assume that Wakanda is a very large country, so there are places that don't look futuristic.

I believe there is a tribe/group in Wakanda that doesn't like the technology, but I could be wrong.

Back