Marvel Studios : X-Men '97 - 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-...indow-revealed-by-producers-a191938#gs.ohzzin
"I believe they're looking at 10 episodes for the first season that's going to come out mid-next year," he continued. "They're starting it soon after ours ended....'Where is [Professor X?]'" As you may recall, Empress Lilandra of the Shi'ar Empire took a mortally wounded Charles Xavier into space to be cured, and X-Men '97 is set to pick up from there and "build off of that."

Getting so hyped for this. The SooSoo Gambit figure has reinvigorated my love for the X-Men so I've had a playthough of some of the arcade beat 'em ups and I recently binged watched all 5 seasons. It hasn't held up quite like I remember it, but for me the 90's cartoon was 'my X-Men'. I've kinda, sorta got my eye on the Mondo figures too.

FYS5nmaUEAAnH1i

eye-roll-robert-downey-jr.gif

i watched this growing up and im really excited that its going to continue

I'm excited.

The new voice actor for cyclops is doing quite a good impression of Norm Spencer. Glad to see Morph appear with the face I recognise from the original series and not just the blank face from the advertising material. The new voice actor for magneto can't quite reach the same gravitas as David Hemblen in that last scene but hopefully it is better in the show. Nice to hear wolverine, Rogue and Storm again - the voices from my childhood and who I hear when I'm reading comic books with these characters.

Looks okay. Nearly all classic show/movie revivals suck due to pandering on nostalgia bait and as a huge fan of the show, I think I'm cautiously optimistic. I just hope there's a story worth telling that warrants a revival. Also, the guy doing Cyclops does a fantastic imitation of the original actor.

The animation looks cheap/shonky as hell.
That's what stuck out most to me, as well. Someone mentioned above that Disney were going with the same style, but I didn't think that necessarily meant the same level of quality. In the early '90s I was a massive X-Men fan, but juxtaposing the animation quality of this X-Men cartoon to Batman: the Animated Series, I couldn't hang with the former and quickly tuned out. I thought this show might pull me in by doing a better job on that front but I'm not too impressed from what I see here.

The name of the game is nostalgia though, and I'm sure they will do really well on that front.

Is the intro going to be the same?

It better be.
LOL at your avatar. I saw that trailer. I don't have a dog in the fight about this movie and casting, but I just finished watching the show "The Outsider" on HBO Max, and that actress was by far the most annoying part of that show to me. She was playing an autistic person who had genius level intellect and it really pulled that show off the rails. Looks like she's not going to reign it in much more for the Wicked movie.

That's what stuck out most to me, as well. Someone mentioned above that Disney were going with the same style, but I didn't think that necessarily meant the same level of quality. In the early '90s I was a massive X-Men fan, but juxtaposing the animation quality of this X-Men cartoon to Batman: the Animated Series, I couldn't hang with the former and quickly tuned out. I thought this show might pull me in by doing a better job on that front but I'm not too impressed from what I see here.

The name of the game is nostalgia though, and I'm sure they will do really well on that front.

Thing is it looks less quality than the original to me. Very clunky and you can see by the frame rates per second how much they’ve cheaped out.

Last edited:
Back