Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

You are really providing an essential service Jye!

I listen to my customers lol

Believe me I need the laughter myself considering our current social geopolitical climate so I don’t mind sharing those laughs.

Things are just upside down I mean look at us with IT wrestling predator memes in a Spiderman thread lol

Holy crap I totally forgot all about that new Predator movie. Not a good sign, lol.

Fox be like “Look everyone our kid character wears the same rain coat like Georgie come see our movie too!” lolol

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching this for a second time (on digital), and most everything held up – except for one thing that I feel is worth bringing up since I don’t recall it being discussed here before:

I wanted this to be more about Spider-Man and less about Iron Man as much as the next guy, but I think there was a massive missed opportunity for a clash between Vulture and Iron Man at some point. I completely saw where Toomes was coming from, so I really would have liked to see him physically take out his rage on the man who put him out of business. It didn’t need to be part of the final battle – maybe between the time directly after Vulture drops Spider-Man in the river and Tony comes to the rescue. That’s my only serious beef with the film.

The rest of it is OK - not exactly something I care about watching over and over again nor anything new, but decent.

I found it hard to believe the one man that was driven to protect the world and everyone in it had zero security drones for his plane carrying armors and hardware.

And HT needs to add some Kill Mode eyes to their figure.

The movie needed an extra layer of drama between IM and Spidey using that plane scene as the back drop with the lack of protection Stark had on that plane’s route.

But most scenarios I come up with in my head makes Stark look like an ******* lol

Either a layer of drama where he’s using Spiderman or trying to man him up faster for IW. I don’t know something to sink our teeth into more the movie is somewhat shallow in the drama side of things as well as lacking on the action side of things.

Finally got around to watching this for a second time (on digital), and most everything held up – except for one thing that I feel is worth bringing up since I don’t recall it being discussed here before:

I wanted this to be more about Spider-Man and less about Iron Man as much as the next guy, but I think there was a massive missed opportunity for a clash between Vulture and Iron Man at some point. I completely saw where Toomes was coming from, so I really would have liked to see him physically take out his rage on the man who put him out of business. It didn’t need to be part of the final battle – maybe between the time directly after Vulture drops Spider-Man in the river and Tony comes to the rescue. That’s my only serious beef with the film.

The rest of it is OK - not exactly something I care about watching over and over again nor anything new, but decent.

For me I'm OK with no Vulture/IM - for me I took it as Vulture having had a good business going and he does say something about not wanting to get the Avengers' attention; and Tony sez something about the pay grade e.g. I think bringing IM in would have been an end game for Vulture, so they just - didn't have the two clash.

IMO this is a good film but I'm not a Spidey fan (unlike a lot of the world) - I dunno, just never was a fan - and this isn't a film I can watch over and over unlike Guardians or Civil War or Antman. Probably wait out on buying it (hope I have the entire MCU collection at some point). Still, IMO big kudos to Marvel from me for pulling this Spidey off - I really, really was Spidey-saturated from previous movies.

For me I'm OK with no Vulture/IM - for me I took it as Vulture having had a good business going and he does say something about not wanting to get the Avengers' attention; and Tony sez something about the pay grade e.g. I think bringing IM in would have been an end game for Vulture, so they just - didn't have the two clash.

IMO this is a good film but I'm not a Spidey fan (unlike a lot of the world) - I dunno, just never was a fan - and this isn't a film I can watch over and over unlike Guardians or Civil War or Antman. Probably wait out on buying it (hope I have the entire MCU collection at some point). Still, IMO big kudos to Marvel from me for pulling this Spidey off - I really, really was Spidey-saturated from previous movies.

I think it's better they kept Vulture and IM disengaged. Vulture represents that class of people who hate from a detached perspective, much like we form opinions about celebrities we've never met. He's a villain because of this. If he met Tony, it brings in the possibility of seeing him as a good guy and Vulture would shift to the redemption process. We need him to stay a villain and to let the hate grow longer, at least until after the potential Sinister Six :pray:

I think it's better they kept Vulture and IM disengaged. Vulture represents that class of people who hate from a detached perspective, much like we form opinions about celebrities we've never met. He's a villain because of this. If he met Tony, it brings in the possibility of seeing him as a good guy and Vulture would shift to the redemption process. We need him to stay a villain and to let the hate grow longer, at least until after the potential Sinister Six :pray:

Interesting and good point IMO. Homecoming does bring home that Toomes is working man, doing hard dirty work. Someone a lot of us can relate to. But - um - not sure but the film I think does get across that Toomes isn't wholly over to the dark side. Loved Keaton in this as IMO his Vulture is complex...

sorry LOL and maybe it's hokey:dunno but I am hoping to see Vulture again in IW. E.g if Thanos is rolling over the earth I figure some prisons will get destroyed. Maybe it's a trope but maybe some of the freed prisoners will opt to fight, like Vulture - not that he couldn't still hate Tony Stark. But Toomes is intelligent enough to know if Thanos takes the Earth, it's game over.

Interesting and good point IMO. Homecoming does bring home that Toomes is working man, doing hard dirty work. Someone a lot of us can relate to. But - um - not sure but the film I think does get across that Toomes isn't wholly over to the dark side. Loved Keaton in this as IMO his Vulture is complex...

sorry LOL and maybe it's hokey:dunno but I am hoping to see Vulture again in IW. E.g if Thanos is rolling over the earth I figure some prisons will get destroyed. Maybe it's a trope but maybe some of the freed prisoners will opt to fight, like Vulture - not that he couldn't still hate Tony Stark. But Toomes is intelligent enough to know if Thanos takes the Earth, it's game over.

Yeah, and that's exactly where he should be in this movie. And since he's still alive, they have the chance to let the hate grow, especially with the influence of other baddies like scorpion in prison with him. If they bring Vulture back, they have a chance to develop his complexity based on the ideas that Spidey technically saved his life at the end...but also ruined his plans AND his life at the same time. That's a good conflict to build on.

As for Infinity War, it would be great to have a bunch of returning villains, Vulture included. I'd love it if they established "The Raft" (that floating prison we saw in civil war) a little bit more, to show it's housing a ton of villains we know...only to have destroyed during infinity war...letting loose all that villainy. :panic:

Back