Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not too familiar with the comics, but seeing She-Hulk being better at things than Hulk doesn't bother me.
It's all in the approach. She-Hulk seems to be kind of a goofball and Hulk is taking teaching her to be a Hulk very seriously. Her being better at things works for comedic purposes.

Also, I never figured Professor Hulk being the strongest version of the character. Maybe this show will somehow bring back the regular Hulk.
That's one of the bigger problems with the MCU now... EVERYTHING is done for a laugh. Hardly anything is taken seriously. It's eye rolling bad. Instead of laughing it's just pure cringe now.....

That's one of the bigger problems with the MCU now... EVERYTHING is done for a laugh. Hardly anything is taken seriously. It's eye rolling bad. Instead of laughing it's just pure cringe now.....
But... this show is a legal-comedy. It has been developed like that from the beginning. Therefore I think this is different than a rather serious premise with bad jokes thrown in like a lot of the recent Marvel stuff.

But... this show is a legal-comedy. It has been developed like that from the beginning. Therefore I think this is different than a rather serious premise with bad jokes thrown in like a lot of the recent Marvel stuff.
Yeah, she-hulk has pretty much always been a comedy comic. To do otherwise would be unfaithful to the source material. It'd be like doing a dark and gritty Back to the Future.

I feel like I’m the only one who ever read comics. There are multiple types of Hulk forms and Professor Hulk was one of the weakest. He got tossed around by Spider-man and Captain America, lost to Superman, and invented gadgets and weaponry to help where his strength failed. And it was still stronger than his gray form.
This is true… But there was still a sense of coolness to him.

He was another one of Bruce’s personalities. The personification of everything Bruce wanted to be. Cool, handsome, strong, brave and intelligent. Yes he was not as strong as his other personalities but he could still pack a punch.

So far this Professor Hulk has been played pretty much for laughs and has lacked any deeper emotional impact.

Even though professor Hulk was my least fav run in the comics, if the MCU was more true to him and hint that this is still not really Banner I would be ok with it.

But this one is just MR only a little stronger and green.

Now having said all this, I know the Prof hulk had a pretty long run in the comics but in the long run of hulk comics it was just a blip. Time to move on from prof hulk and get back to mean and green basics.

D96D370C-0A53-46AF-B0E9-C0E927F42B5F.jpeg
B7315A32-2DF5-4DB5-A386-0BC87EA7E4E1.jpeg
6E9F80E1-C8E1-4B5C-BE36-841B180E6A90.jpeg
48D748EF-017F-4513-8E32-BFFBAE710197.jpeg

My interest in this rests entirely on Tim Roth. I'll probably just skip to his scenes every week. Honestly, I'm looking forward to Clown Kang more than this. And I'm completely serious. I'd rather watch 2 hours of Clown Kang dancing and juggling apples than this. I see nothing appealing about it. Then again I've never been a She-Hulk fan, one way or the other.

Second trailer (just like the first one) had me laughing my ass off :lol

That confirms my initial thoughts - EASILY the best trailers for any of their TV shows so far - just ticks SO many boxes for me - ESPECIALLY the humour.

CGI looks a bit iffy, but that's likely down to TV vs. movie budget, or perhaps the recently well-publicised "turnaround time" issues?

REALLY looking forward to this (which is more than can be said for the other Disney-Marvel trailer (BP2) that got released same day).

Yeah, she-hulk has pretty much always been a comedy comic. To do otherwise would be unfaithful to the source material. It'd be like doing a dark and gritty Back to the Future.
Yup. :lecture

I had a discussion with a friend who said "Why is She-Hulk breaking the fourth wall, that's Deadpool's thing!" I responded, "Spoken like someone who has never read a John Byrne She-Hulk comic run."

He knew better than to argue so he just asked me to show him the She-Hulk's comics, which I did.:nana:

I hope this means "incoming." While I'll take Ryan Gosling as Ghost Rider, he just looks more like a Danny Ketch than a Johnny Blaze.

Back