Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I certainly enjoyed it I did roll my eyes with the woman are put down marginalized and ignored lecture once again.

She was so put down held back and ignored by men that she only ended up with a law degree it’s a real shame her life was ruined by those horrible men i’m sure the women suffering under sharia law and lower caste systems sympathize with her suffering under such harsh conditions at her law firm.

Last edited:
Fun show with a few comic callouts. As for me, I'm just happy to have a classic Marvel character that I give a darn about debut on the screen. Feels like she's been due for a while.

And yes, a HT Shulkie just might make me break my Phase I-III rule :love:

6397FBB9-9CDA-4886-8B15-59711AD45E40.jpeg

I don't get why you guys still subject yourself to the pain of these MCU D+ shows..... :lol

None of this drivel is must see TV any more. No big reveals or spoilers to ruin future events. In fact, most are just ruining the current MCU to the point of just constantly confirming to myself that Endgame was in fact the MCU's final bow. The rest since is just episodic TV drivel. Not worth my time and definitely not worth getting angry or being disappointed over. I can't believe how far behind I am and what I've missed. Someone who was there pretty much opening night for every MCU movie through Far From Home. It's all just content now...

Just wait till this show is over and all episodes are available. And then watch all at once, or till you don't want to watch anymore. Works for me.... I think going forward the same will hold true for SW D+ shows too. After BOBF I'm done having any excitement for this crap Disney is putting out.

Last edited:
While I certainly enjoyed it I did roll my eyes with the woman are put down and ignored lecture once again.

She was so put down held back and ignored by men that she only ended up with a law degree it’s a real shame her life was ruined by those horrible men i’m sure the women suffering under sharia law and lower caste systems sympathize with her suffering under such harsh conditions at her law firm.
I definitely rolled my eyes here. They just can't help but include THE MESSAGE in everything. I mean it is possible to make awesome female characters without preaching THE MESSAGE.

Anyhow, it was okay otherwise. I really didn't like her personality. I'm assuming she'll change and grow (I've never read the comics). She came across like Tony before he became Iron Man. She was self absorbed and childish. It made less sense here though, considering Tony was a spoiled rich kid while she's an educated lawyer. You'd think she'd be more accepting to listen to Bruce who has been through absolute hell and can help her.

I definitely rolled my eyes here. They just can't help but include THE MESSAGE in everything. I mean it is possible to make awesome female characters without preaching THE MESSAGE.

Anyhow, it was okay otherwise. I really didn't like her personality. I'm assuming she'll change and grow (I've never read the comics). She came across like Tony before he became Iron Man. She was self absorbed and childish. It made less sense here though, considering Tony was a spoiled rich kid while she's an educated lawyer. You'd think she'd be more accepting to listen to Bruce who has been through absolute hell and can help her.
Yeah she was rubbing me the wrong way.

I like to be rubbed the right way lol

I thought they handled "the message" rather succinctly compared to most shows and frankly, having a daughter who's both a scientist (PhD in CMB) AND a lawyer I found Jen's frustrations with (& venting about lol) the attitudes she faced in a traditionally male field like the law all too familiar. This is a show about a female superhero/lawyer written & directed by women, so their addressing it briefly in Episode 1 is hardly a surprise. I expect/hope it won't be an on-going theme and they'll get on to the main plot now.

Unlike you, I really liked Jen's character as well as her interactions with Bruce. They're cousins and the teasing between them, while often childish, did sound like the kind of banter that typically occurs between family members. And I disagree about how she should have been more accepting of what Bruce was telling her. The fact is Bruce wasn't listening to HER for the better part of the episode and was projecting his problems/issues onto her without fully grasping her situation.

This is a show about a female superhero/lawyer written & directed by women, so their addressing it briefly in Episode 1 is hardly a surprise. I expect/hope it won't be an on-going theme and they'll get on to the main plot now.

The success of this show beyond being a Marvel property ( which carries an implied audience) will be in line with The Blacklist.

James Spader carried that entire show on his back. Obviously the back end of Black List was a downward spiral from the early seasons, but Spader is great at pumping energy and life into a character and a show.

Maslany is a legitimately good actress. She can uplift bad material, to some degree.

Titanic has some really horrible dialogue. But DiCaprio was a pure box office draw and Kate Winslet was able to turn some rough writing into something passable. So you can cover for some failing elements of a show or movie at levels.

But Feige and the MCU are clearly risking inciting a large cross section of their core fan base. Making Captain America the butt of the joke is going to rub some people the wrong way. Not because of toxic masculinity or some pundit hater brigade, but because it's clear there is a tone and method to try to incite existing fan bases. Show runners, producers, directors and writers looking to punish a large section of the audience for things that they are not guilty for at all.

You can't keep going around trying to kick out everyone's kneecaps then keep shouting about being victimized. It's a big FU to the audience.

Notice the most woke in Hollywood never create their own brand or their own icons. They hijack the success of someone else. Woke never creates, it only drags things down into the mud.

None of us would have endured that catastrophic Ghostbusters SNL reboot if not for the wild success of Bridesmaids. Why did Bridesmaids work? It wasn't because it was vulgar at times, it was because Kristen Wiig's character grounded the film. She had to deal with her own demons and her own pathology. In many ways, Bridesmaids is an anti-victim movie. Of course it came out in 2011, and so if it was made today, it would star Asia Kate Dillon and there would be an extended scene of Chris O'Dowd being beaten down with a pipe wrench.

The best argument against "The Message" is that woke naturally crushes any basic character development. You can't show a character learning and growing if they can never be wrong or never be weak because that would enable this "toxic masculinity". If you have an entire category of characters that don't have to show any respect, and the other half being shown as being constantly disrepected, how do you formulate a basic developmental arc?

How about uplifting She Hulk without pissing on Steve Rogers as a punch line?

Gonna watch this tonight.
Please please pleeeeeeease don’t be woke! 🙏🏻

I didn't find it offensively "woke" but there's definitely some obnoxious third wave feminism in there.

But just ignore the online rage baiters and just give it a shot.

I don't why you guys still subject yourself to the pain of these MCU D+ shows..... :lol

None of this drivel is must see TV any more. No big reveals or spoilers to ruin future events. In fact, most are just ruining the current MCU to the point of just constantly confirming to myself that Endgame was in fact the MCU's final bow. The rest since is just episodic TV drivel. Not worth my time and definitely not worth getting angry or being disappointed over. I can't believe how far behind I am and what I've missed. Someone who was there pretty much opening night for every MCU movie through Far From Home. It's all just content now...

Just wait till this show is over and all episodes are available. And then watch all at once, or till you don't want to watch anymore. Works for me.... I think going forward the same will hold true for SW D+ shows too. After BOBF I'm done having any excitement for this crap Disney is putting out.

FZ132.jpg

I didn’t see Capt America being disrespected BUT what I didn’t appreciate was the post credits scene immediately going into his virginity status quite specifically while my young son was watching.

During the episode the specifics were left out and it was only implied without detailed terminology being used.

Last edited:
The success of this show beyond being a Marvel property ( which carries an implied audience) will be in line with The Blacklist.

James Spader carried that entire show on his back. Obviously the back end of Black List was a downward spiral from the early seasons, but Spader is great at pumping energy and life into a character and a show.

Maslany is a legitimately good actress. She can uplift bad material, to some degree.

Titanic has some really horrible dialogue. But DiCaprio was a pure box office draw and Kate Winslet was able to turn some rough writing into something passable. So you can cover for some failing elements of a show or movie at levels.

But Feige and the MCU are clearly risking inciting a large cross section of their core fan base. Making Captain America the butt of the joke is going to rub some people the wrong way. Not because of toxic masculinity or some pundit hater brigade, but because it's clear there is a tone and method to try to incite existing fan bases. Show runners, producers, directors and writers looking to punish a large section of the audience for things that they are not guilty for at all.

You can't keep going around trying to kick out everyone's kneecaps then keep shouting about being victimized. It's a big FU to the audience.

Notice the most woke in Hollywood never create their own brand or their own icons. They hijack the success of someone else. Woke never creates, it only drags things down into the mud.

None of us would have endured that catastrophic Ghostbusters SNL reboot if not for the wild success of Bridesmaids. Why did Bridesmaids work? It wasn't because it was vulgar at times, it was because Kristen Wiig's character grounded the film. She had to deal with her own demons and her own pathology. In many ways, Bridesmaids is an anti-victim movie. Of course it came out in 2011, and so if it was made today, it would star Asia Kate Dillon and there would be an extended scene of Chris O'Dowd being beaten down with a pipe wrench.

The best argument against "The Message" is that woke naturally crushes any basic character development. You can't show a character learning and growing if they can never be wrong or never be weak because that would enable this "toxic masculinity". If you have an entire category of characters that don't have to show any respect, and the other half being shown as being constantly disrepected, how do you formulate a basic developmental arc?

How about uplifting She Hulk without pissing on Steve Rogers as a punch line?
I enjoyed the first episode but I don't know what the hell they were trying to achieve with the Cap jokes.

His reaction to Natalie Dormer wanting a kiss in TFA clearly showed that he absolutely had not "been around the block" at that point, as did his discussions with Peggy and Howard about "fondue" and whatnot. So the writers obviously didn't even watch TFA. Check.

What makes it even more puzzling is the entire question of "did he die a virgin?" Okay so the writers didn't watch Endgame either? lol. Are we to believe that Falcon and Bucky told no one about their encounter with old Steve and the long married life that he had obviously lived? And that Steve himself never reconnected with any of his old friends? The whole thing is just so bizarre.

As for the completely out of character notion that he slept with either a dancer or a groupie on his USO tour was that intended to piss off Cap fans, fans with traditional values, or both? Or were they so clueless as to assume that such a revelation would actually make his character cooler? I really have no idea but the whole thing is so dumb that I'm just going to write it off as Bruce making something up out of the blue in order to get Jen to shut up about it.

I thought they handled "the message" rather succinctly compared to most shows and frankly, having a daughter who's both a scientist (PhD in CMB) AND a lawyer I found Jen's frustrations with (& venting about lol) the attitudes she faced in a traditionally male field like the law all too familiar. This is a show about a female superhero/lawyer written & directed by women, so their addressing it briefly in Episode 1 is hardly a surprise. I expect/hope it won't be an on-going theme and they'll get on to the main plot now.

Unlike you, I really liked Jen's character as well as her interactions with Bruce. They're cousins and the teasing between them, while often childish, did sound like the kind of banter that typically occurs between family members. And I disagree about how she should have been more accepting of what Bruce was telling her. The fact is Bruce wasn't listening to HER for the better part of the episode and was projecting his problems/issues onto her without fully grasping her situation.

Then they need to find a better way to show these things rather than spell it out and beat us over the head with it. I mean Alien is about Ripley, a rational woman fighting to be heard in a male-dominated world. However, it's done better and not what the movie is known for. My biggest issue these days is there's no subtlety. It's just blatant, in your face telling you these things or if it's shown then they use over the top caricatures. It starts to come across as preaching rather than story telling.

Back