Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiege. We love you bro but stop with the comedy. The reason why people love infinity war is cause it didn’t feel like a sitcom. Also people loved thanos cause he was a no o sense villain. It’s OK for villains to be scary.

I'm OK with comedy if it's well written, well acted, good cast, good world building, good storytelling, respects the characters and respects the audience.

I'll give it a shot as I enjoyed Maslany in parts of Orphan Black. She's a legitimate talent, though I don't know if she's the best casting here, that remains to be seen.

Just tell a good story.

Someone in the thread mentioned the apprehension that this is a soft cover of Sex And The City. ( Maybe Ally McBeal is a closer comparison?) SATC was very well written in it's early seasons. ( I just might have outed myself as the only guy here who has watched all of SATC ) The first seasons of Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives were extremely well crafted.

If you took Guardians Of The Galaxy and broke it down to a one page "treatment" that was trying to get financing in Hollywood, it would look completely ridiculous. A tree that only says one word? A tactical angry racoon? A former wrestler playing an alien on the spectrum? The pudgy guy from Parks and Recreation? But good God did that film hit you hard in parts. The look Quill has when he finally plays the last tape.

Where I find Marvel does fail is it picks the wrong characters to build shows around. Iron Fist was exhausting. But a show around Colleen Wing would have been interesting. Shang Chi was pointless in my book, but a movie around Wong ( Benedict Wong was incredible in Marco Polo) would have been a good story. Do I care about Jessica Jones? Give up a show built around David Tennant as that cunning villain. Even a young adult show built around Ned and Betty from the Spiderman lore could be interesting if you write it well enough.

Create something that speaks to people and makes them care. The dogmatic adherence to trying to set up franchises and new trilogies is just filling slots with warm bodies. It's a McDonald's Happy Meal. Reliable packaged entertainment.

Maybe this will end up being an OK show. The less Ruffalo, the better.

I mean there’s more 10 star ratings already than 1 star ratings. They should just ignore all 1 and 10 star ratings for the scoring.
View attachment 594943

This chart is like a microcosm for everything that's wrong with the way we think today. Whether it's politics or entertainment, people adopt an all-or-nothing attitude just to fight off the other side. Policy? Not important. Giving an honest review of the film? Not important. All that matters is whether your statement is extreme enough to offset your (perceived) opponent's.

The saddest bit is most people don't feel that strongly. They look at these charts to get the lay of the land and all they find is a pissing contest between the small groups of people crazy enough to shout at each other from across the quarry.

It's exhausting.

Last edited:
Yeah no media can be a 5/10 anymore it is either one of the greatest things i have ever watched/listened to/played etc or one of the worst. Scales aren't important anymore, everyone just labels a thing as incredible or terrible. The numerical scale was meant for more than that but there aren't gray areas anymore. Online discussion today can't dislike something without recognising some positives. Part of it definitely comes from the retweet buttons and the fact that a more wild opinion creates more interaction. No one is going to retweet my opinion that I think Kenobi was just an okay show, but if I say The Last of Us 2 is one of the most disjointed and awful stories told in gaming history, I'm much more likely to garner interactions.

We've even seen it lately with figures, especially the Inart vs Hot Toys debate which has been raging ever since the Joker preorders. As collectors this could arguably be a golden age, where we're getting more options than we ever have before and more people are appealed to than ever before...yet that tribalism maintains. It is tiring to live through no matter what you love or hate, but it is the reality of online discussion for at least the past 5 years or so.

This chart is like a microcosm for everything that's wrong with the way we think today. Whether it's politics or entertainment, people adopt an all-or-nothing attitude just to fight off the other side. Policy? Not important. Giving an honest review of the film? Not important. All that matters is whether your statement is extreme enough to offset your (perceived) opponent's.

The saddest bit is most people don't feel that strongly. They look at these charts to get the lay of the land and all they find is a pissing contest between the small groups of people crazy enough to shout at each other from across the quarry.

It's exhausting.
Well we also have Rotten. They are actually deleting negative reviews for She-Hulk big time. Which is laughable.

Well, my interest in this disappeared very quickly. That first episode was painful to watch, and I almost didn't make it all the way to the end.

The "comedy" just comes off as mean spirited and every punchline is at someone else's expense.

Last edited:
I'm OK with comedy if it's well written, well acted, good cast, good world building, good storytelling, respects the characters and respects the audience.

I'll give it a shot as I enjoyed Maslany in parts of Orphan Black. She's a legitimate talent, though I don't know if she's the best casting here, that remains to be seen.

Just tell a good story.

Someone in the thread mentioned the apprehension that this is a soft cover of Sex And The City. ( Maybe Ally McBeal is a closer comparison?) SATC was very well written in it's early seasons. ( I just might have outed myself as the only guy here who has watched all of SATC ) The first seasons of Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives were extremely well crafted.

If you took Guardians Of The Galaxy and broke it down to a one page "treatment" that was trying to get financing in Hollywood, it would look completely ridiculous. A tree that only says one word? A tactical angry racoon? A former wrestler playing an alien on the spectrum? The pudgy guy from Parks and Recreation? But good God did that film hit you hard in parts. The look Quill has when he finally plays the last tape.

Where I find Marvel does fail is it picks the wrong characters to build shows around. Iron Fist was exhausting. But a show around Colleen Wing would have been interesting. Shang Chi was pointless in my book, but a movie around Wong ( Benedict Wong was incredible in Marco Polo) would have been a good story. Do I care about Jessica Jones? Give up a show built around David Tennant as that cunning villain. Even a young adult show built around Ned and Betty from the Spiderman lore could be interesting if you write it well enough.

Create something that speaks to people and makes them care. The dogmatic adherence to trying to set up franchises and new trilogies is just filling slots with warm bodies. It's a McDonald's Happy Meal. Reliable packaged entertainment.

Maybe this will end up being an OK show. The less Ruffalo, the better.

It's exhausting.

Yeah no media can be a 5/10 anymore it is either one of the greatest things i have ever watched/listened to/played etc or one of the worst. Scales aren't important anymore, everyone just labels a thing as incredible or terrible. The numerical scale was meant for more than that but there aren't gray areas anymore. Online discussion today can't dislike something without recognising some positives. Part of it definitely comes from the retweet buttons and the fact that a more wild opinion creates more interaction. No one is going to retweet my opinion that I think Kenobi was just an okay show, but if I say The Last of Us 2 is one of the most disjointed and awful stories told in gaming history, I'm much more likely to garner interactions.

We've even seen it lately with figures, especially the Inart vs Hot Toys debate which has been raging ever since the Joker preorders. As collectors this could arguably be a golden age, where we're getting more options than we ever have before and more people are appealed to than ever before...yet that tribalism maintains. It is tiring to live through no matter what you love or hate, but it is the reality of online discussion for at least the past 5 years or so.

and...

Well, my interest in this disappeared very quickly. That first episode was painful to watch, and I almost didn't make it all the way to the end.

The "comedy" just comes off as mean spirited and every punchline is at someone else's expense.

... case in point

It could pick up once they get to the courtroom stuff. I'm not sure if I care enough to keep watching to find out.

Can anyone find me lol

8062F58C-B1A6-48AE-B608-F809FB9004F6.jpeg

Back