Mario Kart Wii

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard it was a split screen issue and that the video was choppy? Most likely due to frame rate IIRC. I'm going to get it anyway and see how it goes.

Sounds like there's a lot of Freak interest in this game, sweet. One of these days we should organize a Freak Grand Prix. Voice chat would have to be over skype though due to nintendo's crappy no-talk policy.

I'm up for that! You'll have to explain what skype is to me though since I have no idea. Should we have a thread for Kart codes now??:joy

Skype is a chat/voice over ip service. Computer to computer voice chats are free. https://www.skype.com/

So the idea would be to voice chat using a computer mic or bluetooth headset through your computer while playing the game on the Wii.

cant get mine to connect wireless or wired.
dont have the patience to research it ....

Anyone know the criteria for getting Star ratings? I just got my first but feel like I had done better my previous round :confused:

do you have to have a stearing wheel or is the wiimote good enough?

There are 5 ways to play:

1) Wheel
2) Wiimote
3) Nunchuck + Wiimote
4) Classic Controller
5) Gamecube Controller

I prefer the wheel. The added weight makes the motion controls superior to the analog stick options to me.

Anyone know the criteria for getting Star ratings? I just got my first but feel like I had done better my previous round :confused:

A number of factors: you have to get 60 points, that is, come first in every race. You also have to be in first place for the majority of each race, say about 90% of the time.

Also, there is something about not holding onto items, but I do all the time and I can still get triple star.

A Freaks Grand Prix would be cool. Count me in! Although I won't bother with skype.

Just picked this up today, haven't had a chance to play it yet... but very excited to break it out :rock

Man, this game is kickass! Hard to mess-up on a Mario-Kart... but still they did the series proud :rock

What are your guys' online codes? I miss the Scummer online Wii nights(even though I participated in it one night, lol).

i need to figure out why I cant connect online.
I havent looked to see whats wrong, but the same connection works on my TIVO & PS3.. so I'll see if I can figure out whats up .... :monkey1

just spent an hour playing this game online. What does the gold wheels on peoples name mean during races? And how do people race as the Mii's?

1075-1135-1122
Sniper33

Back