Iron Man by EA Motive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victοr

BANNED
Reaction score
1663686737931000.jpg

Iron Man Game Announced by EA Motive - IGN

Howard's planning for a new mansion right now. On the bright side, looks like we'll finally get some more comic accurate suits. The teaser pic looks a lot like Model Prime.

large-3309728.jpg

I know I said that I'd stick to just a figure per character, but I'm finding myself reevaluating my collection, and I find myself more comfortable with more of my absolute favourites and cutting out the less important characters/IPs/etc. We'll see, it's a process. For my money, Extremis, Superior and Black & Gold would tempt me too much to pass on them.

Anyway, this is the thread for the game. I'm actually looking forward to it. I've been dreaming about a proper Iron Man game since I was a kid. If they knock it out of the park I'll be upgrading my rig and buying the UltraMegaGiga Deluxe Edition just to support it. I hope they make proper use of his rogues' gallery, they add tons of customization, and so on and so forth.

The last IM game, Iron Man VR was pretty damn good, I kinda wished this would be in VR instead of just being a "regular game" so to speak.

No thanks. I've been waiting for a proper AAA Iron Man game my whole life.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just hope there's not too much MCU influence. It's like the MCU version happened and all of a sudden everyone acts like the character never existed before that. Throw in an oversized proton canon and I'll be extra happy.

a294d7a184db375ebf59891567d0bdb0e690e0c0.gif

No thanks. I've been waiting for a proper AAA Iron Man game my whole life.
I get what you mean and I hate to make presumptions, but if I may guess I'm assuming the reason you're saying that is because you've never played VR in the comfort of your own room? Once you've gotten used to VR, "regular" games feels kinda boring if I'm honest.

I know it sounds cliche, but with VR you actually feel like you're Iron Man, and I had friends having vertigo the first time they flew lol.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just hope there's not too much MCU influence. It's like the MCU version happened and all of a sudden everyone acts like the character never existed before that. Throw in an oversized proton canon and I'll be extra happy.
Hear hear. The MCU honestly ruined Iron Man. Before it we had some boring runs, but great ones as well. Ever since the MCU came and the Fraction run ended, it's been nothing but awfulness. Literally a decade without a single good Iron Man comic. Stark's character was destroyed as well. He became nothing but an annoying quipster because everyone wanted to write RDJ in comic form. Nobody uses his villains, nobody knows the lore, nobody writes any actual stories. The new Iron Man volume starting is literally once again about a broke Tony having lost his company. Which is literally what the current volume more or less started as. Which is the exact story they've been writing since Stark Disassembled. I hate this... Let's hope the game treats him better.

I get what you mean and I hate to make presumptions, but if I may guess I'm assuming the reason you're saying that is because you've never played VR in the comfort of your own room? Once you've gotten used to VR, "regular" games feels kinda boring if I'm honest.

I know it sounds cliche, but with VR you actually feel like you're Iron Man, and I had friends having vertigo the first time they flew lol.
I've never been immersed by FP, I prefer TP in general. I didn't play GTA V in FPS mode for example. As for VR, I haven't "gamed" in about a decade, I buy about a title every 3 years. So I'm not up to date on any of the new gadgets. Whatever gameplay I've seen from VR stuff didn't wow me, but I suppose it would feel different to be in control. Either way, I want a good, proper, Third-Person, story driven Iron Man game first and foremost.

Back