Statue making a bronze Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienbuilder

Freaked Out
Reaction score
before one month i watched the movie once again because of the awaiting of the prequel. so, i m still studying art and i decided to go back sculpting an alien by myselfe. said and done. here are some (very bad, sorry) photos of the work in wax and the results in bronze and aluminium.

thank you really much!

so i ve got a new camera and so here are better pictures! starting with the croaching alien wich is inspired by a photo from 1979, mayby you know this. this is still wax, i hope to cast it in bronze this month or next. the head will be polished than, so in wax it is still a little bit rough.

and here some better pics of the two already cast bronze aliens. the first one is also made afer a post-production pic. i think the rubber costume was areaydy a little bit demaged, and so this figure is also realy rough. made with a silver patina and a iron- nitrate patina, so it seems the scin is corroding. the other ones is the original wax i made the silicone-form from. there i also used the silver patina and let the bronze coulor a little bit shine through. that one i wantet to stand a bit classic and i gave it a base out of polyethylen, which looks a little bit like carrara marble.

man, i cant stop making photos!
so hera also pics of the one aluminiumcast i ve made. in the deep areas i painted it dark, so you can see the details better. the domen is polished a bit.

Crouching alien looks awesome man. You should try to sell these to help you pay for school.

thank you really much!

so i ve got a new camera and so here are better pictures! starting with the croaching alien wich is inspired by a photo from 1979, mayby you know this. this is still wax, i hope to cast it in bronze this month or next. the head will be polished than, so in wax it is still a little bit rough.

Now THAT is bloody fooking brilliant dude!

That definitely needs to be cast.

Are you making these available to buy?

some other pictures of a standing alien as it is seen at the narcissus scene, also in wax awaiting to be cast. the jaw is changed so that you see just the inner jaws now.

Holy crap dude, that one is awesome as well!

Consider me in for one of those too.

Very nice! I like the crouching Alien. I've always wanted a good representation of the cut scene where the Alien surprises Dallas in the vents.

Brilliant work dude, you have great talent!
I know these are just interpretations, but if you're looking for some constructive criticism, I'd point out a few things.

At any rate, I love the look of your aliens, they remind me a lot of Richard Corben's artwork in Dark Horse's "Alchemy" comics.

thank you very much!
and yes, thats just interpretations. but critic is always interesting and welcome. i m also pleased for proposes of some other positions to give the figure.

Back