MacGyver to be revived for big screen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a149678/macgyver-to-be-revived-for-big-screen.html

American secret agent series MacGyver is being turned into a movie by New Line.

The science-orientated adventure show will be produced by Raffaella De Laurentiis, Martha De Laurentiis and series creator Lee Zlotoff, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

MacGyver starred Richard Dean Anderson and ran from 1985 to 1992 on ABC. It followed the adventures of an incredibly resourceful secret agent, who could defuse dangerous situations with "ingenious and lightning-quick engineering".

Two TV films starring Anderson were produced after its cancellation, while the title character went on to be used as a comedy reference point on shows such as Saturday Night Live and The Simpsons.

New Line's Richard Brener joked: "We think we're a stick of chewing gum, a paper clip and an A-list writer away from a global franchise."

Last edited:
"It ran from 1985 to 1982" :google

Thats just crazy talk.

Loved this show as a kid, no need to see a movie though.

I loved the show as a kid, but I can't see anyone else as McGuyver. If Richard Dean Anderson plays the lead, then I would look forward to it, though.

Ugh.....this idea has more fail in it than anything else. While MacGyver was a great idea back then and still has warm memories around it making it plausable and believable with audiences now especially since those who watched MacGyver are past the disposable income age range so the studio could be catering downwards makes me worry a bit. Can you imagine Zac Efron as MacGyver having to use his talents to get out of Study Hall to save the big game?

Ugh.....this idea has more fail in it than anything else. While MacGyver was a great idea back then and still has warm memories around it making it plausable and believable with audiences now especially since those who watched MacGyver are past the disposable income age range so the studio could be catering downwards makes me worry a bit. Can you imagine Zac Efron as MacGyver having to use his talents to get out of Study Hall to save the big game?

come on...all they need & a box of matches :lol

Loved MacGyver as a kid!! :rock

Wouldn't mind seeing a more modernized version of it, could be cool, maybe Richard Dean Anderson can be a secondary character.

begone woman...you are hereby banished from the kingdom of freaks :lol

...................:mad:.....................

sorry.gif

5.gif

I remember reading once something along these lines:
"The reason why these shows were on TV is because they weren't good enough to be movies"
I think it completely applies to this one..

Id rather see a MaGruber movie.
But he's so incompetent it would be a very short movie.

The WB/CW made a YOUNG MACGYVER into a pilot that didn't get picked up, with Macgyver's nephew joining the Phoenix Foundation. I would like to have seen that one.

If you want to see some Macgyver, it's on SLEUTH Channel at like 1am every weekday. I record it every once in a while and watch it later. WOW, some of the episodes are SOOOOOOO cheesy and pathetic. Some of them are good, but most are just cheese I laughed the entire episode.

lol....i hope this never happens. this might've been cool back in the day, but now it wouldn't be the same having Mac making gadgets out of his iphone and bluetooth headset.

Awesome news!

I wonder if they'll go with a serious or a cheesy tongue-in-cheek tone for the film.

Back