1/6 Big Chief Studios - Flash Gordon (1980)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Flash Gordon, but neither of these is really doing it for me. Ming's likeness is really good, but the clothing seems to have lost it's lustre. The red and gold should be more metallic, not a solid colour.

ming.jpg

Flash's likeness needs more work and the hair especially. The sword should really be chromed. I would also be looking to replace the body for a seamless one, so more money to spend.

FlashGordon1980-3.jpg

I'd be all over some 1/6 classic Tron figures.

I think Flash looks pretty awful, although I suppose these are really quite old designs now considering BCS’s delays. The manufacturers will have been following dated prototype data. Their newer figures are much better, especially the 3rd Doctor which is pretty damn beautiful.

I have been looking forward to these, especially the Saviour costumed Flash figure. Having seen the first review from Keith Lemon, they do look good - not amazing, but still good. But BCS are not Hot Toys so they are a smaller company. I recently picked up their 3rd Doctor figure and it is incredible. It is a thing of beauty with a fantastic head sculpt of Jon Pertwee, so they do have the talent to produce amazing figures. I am still going to get the Saviour Flash as it will work perfectly on my sci-fi shelf and I don't think we'll see any other company getting this licence any time soon. So, for me (a huge Flash Gordon fan), it's a must have.

Has anyone had quality issues with these figures? My Ming is Missing part of the ring on one hand and the LED name plates in the bases dont work properly, you need to tap them to get them to come one and even then that doesn't always work. What does anyone think I should do to get this addressed?
If anyone else has had issues it might give some heft to my argument.

I've seen Ming in hand and he's better than most other BCS figures I've seen. However, he just isn't worth the £250 price tag the retailer was asking. There's nothing they can do about that. They have to get the figures from a distributor and the mark up is astronomical. Props to them for trying to sell high end figures, but, the market just isn't there for them. There just aren't the collectors in my part of the world.

Did anyone receive there's? Any pics? I have not seen much reviews for this.

I am worried as I ordered mine from Maybang and they have not shipped it. Worried if I am being conned.

If I am, and the product isn't good, I would get a refund and simply move on if it's not worth it.

Is the figures worth the asking price?

I wound up with all three of these, and I am happy with them given the prices I paid. But given the prices I paid, I'm assuming this line is dead, right?

Yeah, their website has nothing. I got Ming and Flash.

I will say, now being more into 1/6, the Flash head is too dark and lacks a pink Flesh tone.

I have 1 and another custom with the head and pants and so on. I am on the lookout for a cheap Flash T shirt. I couldn't justify paying another 200 for the White Shirt version.

Back