1/6 Big Chief Studios - Flash Gordon (1980)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this. Glad that my black and white reference photos are being put to good use.

BCS-Flash-Gordon-Rocket-Cycle.jpg

Last edited:
Sideshow have got them up on the website for pre-order. Flash is listed as 12 inches tall. That's really disappointing. Sam J. Jones is 6ft 3 inches tall so his 1:6 figure should be 12.5 inches tall. It's a shame that they didn't make it a true 1:6 representation of the actor. Maybe I'm just expecting too much after waiting 40 years for these things. :(

Ankle extenders.
m.

Sideshow have got them up on the website for pre-order. Flash is listed as 12 inches tall. That's really disappointing. Sam J. Jones is 6ft 3 inches tall so his 1:6 figure should be 12.5 inches tall. It's a shame that they didn't make it a true 1:6 representation of the actor. Maybe I'm just expecting too much after waiting 40 years for these things. :(

I'm looking to do a body swap to a phicen. Not a fan of that base body they are using.

Boots will be too short after that. Just get it right the first time - is that too much to ask? LOL
I am afraid it is... :-(
Damn right about the extenders... What about trying to locate some really tall body, e.g. Cap America or Thor? Those 2 are taller right?
m.

Maybe the 12” is just standard nomenclature for the scale. Max Von Sydow is just as tall as Sam Jones and as someone else stated on the BCS Bond thread, the company has been generally good with matching relative heights with the actors.

The new Wonder Woman costume looks straight out of Flash Gordon. Would look good next to Ming.

Always been a movie that I’ve enjoyed rewatching.
I was crying with laughter during the Flash scenes in Ted.
And 40ish years ago I had the cinema posters for Flash and Buck Rogers on my bedroom wall...
View attachment 450275
Somethings... don’t change!!
Yes, I’m definitely in for these.

Need a blonde Wilma not brunette

I was thinking of getting these when they were announced, but I held off because it was BCS.

Flash looks a bit thin and with a helmet for hair.

Ming is a lot better, but does have quite a bit of cheaper looking plastic in his costume which seems out of place on a figure in this price range.

I have to agree. I was all over Ming... but somehow he has become cheap looking. Not only the plastic, but where is that vibrant striking crimson red color? He looks very dull now, much more like a toy. The head sculpt looks quite soft as well. It could be the lighting -- Bond's deep midnight-blue tuxedo looks blue, Dr No's outfit looks creamy yellow.

Flash doesn't work for me at all. Thankfully.

It all boils down to personal taste. I think that Ming is great and would be very impressive on display, definite attention grabber. BTW Drake, that's a very impressive collection you have. (y)

I gather these are now released but not seeing much in the way of in hand pics…. Anyone here purchase these?

I gather these are now released but not seeing much in the way of in hand pics…. Anyone here purchase these?
Not in the states at least…I’ve been sitting on a preorder since 2019 with BBTS…I’ve kind of accepted that I will never see them…not losing sleep over it either way…

Back