LOTR Trilogy Theatrical Re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank goodness I got to go. Loved it! For some reason this looked much better to me than Fellowship. I had to pee part way through though. Damn bladder! :mad:

Seaward.....hope everything is okay your way. The weather this year sure is screwy!

Awesome! Glad you got to go. I nursed a coke the whole way through making sure not to drink too much. :lol

Hopefully since he hasn't followed up thats due to him being in the theater still.

Looked awesome. Saw cool stuff I never noticed before. Like when Helm's Deep is breached and people go flying with the rocks. Never noticed that before for some reason. :lol

Looked awesome. Saw cool stuff I never noticed before. Like when Helm's Deep is breached and people go flying with the rocks. Never noticed that before for some reason. :lol

I swear every time I see these I see something I haven't seen before.

One of the things I picked up on...and perhaps it was my ignorance before or having not watched the EE too many times...was Boromir's absolute RELUCTANCE to go to Rivendell. He KNEW he was weak and that he would not be able to resist the ring. It was some damned excellent 'foreshadowing'...even though we didn't see it until LATER. Had Faramir gone in his stead...and resisted the call of the Ring of Power...things may have turned out differently for Boromir, Frodo, and everyone...

All that aside...it was a fantastic showing...the effects still look amazing...flooding of Isengard was soo cool...battle at Helm's Deep still amazes me...so well done!

So our rain delay was about 1/2 an hour and they had us huddled in the hallway. I,guess two tornados were spotted in nearby suburbs. The staff were very professional. My phone died a couple of minutes after my post, and we lost power when we got home. Crazy weather! We were all safe though, thanks everyone.

One of the things I picked up on...and perhaps it was my ignorance before or having not watched the EE too many times...was Boromir's absolute RELUCTANCE to go to Rivendell. He KNEW he was weak and that he would not be able to resist the ring. It was some damned excellent 'foreshadowing'...even though we didn't see it until LATER. Had Faramir gone in his stead...and resisted the call of the Ring of Power...things may have turned out differently for Boromir, Frodo, and everyone...

All that aside...it was a fantastic showing...the effects still look amazing...flooding of Isengard was soo cool...battle at Helm's Deep still amazes me...so well done!

Helm's Deep is probably my favorite part of the whole trilogy.

Or screening of TTT was delayed by about 30 minutes due to technical difficulties so we got free re-admittance passes that will be good for ROTK on Tuesday. Definitely nice to save $12.50 a head for ROTK that's for sure.

One thing that is really starting to annoy me is people laughing every time gollum is on screen. WTF is so amusing about that poor wretched old creature that even when he is doing something all together not funny, idiots just have to giggle like 3 year old's.

Also, this group of 4 late 30's early 40's uber Tolkien geek women and 1 guy behind me were whispering and cracking up the entire movie. My eight year old daughter turned to me and said "their ruining the movie" about a hour into it. Of course the lone guy felt the need to preform for the ladies in attendance with him and proceeded to make juvenile comments throughout the entire movie, example; when Gandalf whistles for Shadowfax just as they are leaving Fangorn the court jester behind me yells out "whistle while you work" which was followed by laughs from the peanut gallery beside him.

Seriously if you guys happen to be members here, shut the f&%* up and watch the damn movie on Tuesday or better yet just stay at home!

Or screening of TTT was delayed by about 30 minutes due to technical difficulties so we got free re-admittance passes that will be good for ROTK on Tuesday. Definitely nice to save $12.50 a head for ROTK that's for sure.

One thing that is really starting to annoy me is people laughing every time gollum is on screen. WTF is so amusing about that poor wretched old creature that even when he is doing something all together not funny, idiots just have to giggle like 3 year old's.

Also, this group of 4 late 30's early 40's uber Tolkien geek women and 1 guy behind me were whispering and cracking up the entire movie. My eight year old daughter turned to me and said "their ruining the movie" about a hour into it. Of course the lone guy felt the need to preform for the ladies in attendance with him and proceeded to make juvenile comments throughout the entire movie, example; when Gandalf whistles for Shadowfax just as they are leaving Fangorn the court jester behind me yells out "whistle while you work" which was followed by laughs from the peanut gallery beside him.

Seriously if you guys happen to be members here, shut the f&%* up and watch the damn movie on Tuesday or better yet just stay at home!

About the second time that would've happened I would've opened my mouth. :mad:

we had the same type of people laughing every time Gollum was on screen too. It's annoying.

Yup, just got back as great as always and as sad when it ended as I was 8 years ago. Though, at least this time I can come right home and watch it on Blu. :lol

Was it just me or did they add dialogue to Saruman's scene at the begining? I LOVED IT!!!!

Oh and If anyone was at the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King screening tonight and they heard someone giggle uncontrollably at the scene where Frodo wakes up in bed in the House of Healing and the other Hobbits all start jumping on his bed, starting a chain reaction that had other people giggle uncontrollably ... I apologize. I could not help it.

:lol

Back