LOTR Trilogy Theatrical Re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a lady behind me who was reciting the whole movie line by line. . . the whole thing. She was whispering it at least, but I think she memorized the whole damn thing. It fluctuated between annoying and amazing whenever I'd hear her do a bit of it.

A couple kids (I'm talking like 17 year old kids, ;) ) in front dressed up, and brought an Electronic Sting. In Rivendell, when Bilbo gave the sword to Frodo, the kid stood up and stabbed Sting in the air, and it lit up and made that 'shink' sound, and everybody started laughing.

I couldn't quite tell if it was annoying or entertaining when people would laugh at the awkward parts. Like when Sam jumped in the river after Frodo, people started laughing. I guess they were just showing their appreciation.

It was a pretty fun time, I coulda done without PJ's intro though, it was awkward.

My viewing only had a single intro, given by PJ where he talks about the re-release on BLURAY and how this audience was one of the first to see it in this format. There were trivia questions on screen while people were walking in, but no other 2 intros by PJ.

Thanks for the reviews of the night guys :clap...wish we would of had it showing in Ireland. :(

Glad you all enjoyed it. :hi5:

Looking forward to more reports next week. :stick

Guess I'll just have to buy the EE Blu-Rary and watch them at home.

:duff
Bill

Mine had the trivia slides and videos on TORN and Weta, but no intro by Jackson. Unless they played that after the credits.

The movie was great...I made it through without a pitstop in the men's room:)

I loved the extended scenes, they really did a better job of character development (especially with Aragorn). You really begin to understand the WHY of people's actions better.

I still have a hard time with some of the lines in the film...a bit on the 'cheesy' side...not sure if it is delivery or what, but lines like 'The Fellowship awaits the Ringbearer' from Gandalf...way to formal for them setting out...but that is just me I guess.

All in all...the movie was fantastic...tough to sit for that long, but well worth every minute of reliving this instant classic!

Long Live LOTR!!

Last night was great, but I will have to remember that my couch is infintely more comfortable than movie theater seating for the next two movies. We arrived early to get seats, and I will be sure to be up and moving until the house lights go down.

The theater was about 2/3 full, with a wide variety for the audience. An older woman clutched a copy of the book while the movie played, some younger girls were in elven/renaissance-faire style clothing, and some teenage boys stumbled in as well. It really ran the gamut. I had two much older gentlemen making snide comments the whole time or acting as a running commentary, and I was surprised at their talking.

We only had one intro, the Peter Jackson one about the filming of the original trilogy and the upcoming Blu-Ray.

The picture quality was really nice, and the sound track wasn't so loud as to be oppressive during the more action-oriented sequences.

It was great to see the whole film again, and the added depth of the additional scenes was amazing. I was surprised how very little looks dated, as ten years can be a lifetime in terms of style and special effects.

My viewing only had a single intro, given by PJ where he talks about the re-release on BLURAY and how this audience was one of the first to see it in this format. There were trivia questions on screen while people were walking in, but no other 2 intros by PJ.

Same intro during my viewing. I have to admit, I was hoping for something more.

Sent using two cans and some string.

I usually drink water all day at work. I stopped around 1:00 yesterday and managed to make it through the movie just fine. I think for the next two, I might stop drinking earlier since they'll be longer. :panic:

Watching FOTR last night reminded me just how many collectibles Sideshow and Weta made from it. I wonder if the Hobbit movies will generate so many products or if the higher pricing of current collectibles will limit what gets made.

Bliss! :thud:

What a great time! To see that again on the big screen was great! It looked and sounded fantastic at my local theater.

We got all three intro videos ... PJ, TORn and Weta. I was a bit disappointed that there was nothing about the Hobbit in there. At the very least they could have shown the 10-minute video from PJ's Facebook page. Maybe we'll get something Hobbity on RotK. Fingers crossed!

Something caught my eye during the Weta video, though. They showed a number of Weta's LOTR collectibles (the Gollum statue, the Bag End and Rivendell enviros) ... and then showed a brief glimpse of a sculptor working on a statue of a seated Gandalf the Grey.

Could this be an upcoming collectible?

I hope so! It looked great!

:clap

Something caught my eye during the Weta video, though. They showed a number of Weta's LOTR collectibles (the Gollum statue, the Bag End and Rivendell enviros) ... and then showed a brief glimpse of a sculptor working on a statue of a seated Gandalf the Grey.

Could this be an upcoming collectible?

I hope so! It looked great!

:clap

I noticed that, too!

I'm going to miss TT but I am hoping to catch ROTK in a couple weeks.... Isn't the EE of ROTK like 4+ hours?

251 minutes. :google

Watching FOTR last night reminded me just how many collectibles Sideshow and Weta made from it. I wonder if the Hobbit movies will generate so many products or if the higher pricing of current collectibles will limit what gets made.

Yeah, they made a ton of stuff. I thought about all the statues I had at one point during the movie. I bet we see plenty of stuff but maybe not quite to the level of lord of the rings.

Sweet Harmony Korine! :thud:

Depend_Protective_Underwear-sm.JPG

:lol

251 minutes! Wow. Better pack a lunch!

Reminds me of when Titanic was in theaters and Fox didn't want to scare away audiences who might be put off by the long run time. As I recall they changed their official running time from 3 hours and 30 minutes ... to 2 hours and 90 minutes! :lol

(Which is probably why everything is listed in minutes-only today! :rotfl)

Last night was great, but I will have to remember that my couch is infintely more comfortable than movie theater seating for the next two movies. We arrived early to get seats, and I will be sure to be up and moving until the house lights go down.

The theater was about 2/3 full, with a wide variety for the audience. An older woman clutched a copy of the book while the movie played, some younger girls were in elven/renaissance-faire style clothing, and some teenage boys stumbled in as well. It really ran the gamut. I had two much older gentlemen making snide comments the whole time or acting as a running commentary, and I was surprised at their talking.

We only had one intro, the Peter Jackson one about the filming of the original trilogy and the upcoming Blu-Ray.

The picture quality was really nice, and the sound track wasn't so loud as to be oppressive during the more action-oriented sequences.

It was great to see the whole film again, and the added depth of the additional scenes was amazing. I was surprised how very little looks dated, as ten years can be a lifetime in terms of style and special effects.

The seats at the theater I was at were great. Really comfy and tilted back. My feet didn't touch the floor though. I was a nice theater but the bathroom is clear on the other side. I made it through this time but not sure about RotK.

Only seen a couple of t-shirt that were related and that's it. No one went out of their way. Actually, I don't think the theaters went out of their way to push this or make it a special event. Word of mouth sold this, and that's about it.

My theater experience was great.

I was wondering why we paid $18 dollars a ticket (wasn't too thrilled about that at first having drove out a bit) when we got there until we were actually seated. They were balcony seats up above the regular seats in the middle of the screen. Nice leather reclining seats. They kind of tricked us by not giving us the other options (unless the standard seats below were taken) but it was a nice experience none the less.

I've never been to this particular theater before so it was nice. They have a bar and a restaurant there and everything. Up in the balcony suite seats people were eating things like dinner sandwiches, pasta and wings, it was really strange.

As far as the audience goes it was pretty packed from what I could tell. All the balcony seats were taken, so people were all around us and I caught a glimpse of the regular seats below and there didn't seem to be an empty seat.

The actual audience wasn't annoying while the film was up but I know prior to it people were kind of getting on my nerves with trivia and saying some really pretentious nerdy ____ about the books. ONE guy "dressed up". He had a green cape that looked like a lime green beach towel and sandals, he looked like a fat hobbit.

Oh and almost every thing Gimli said or did seemed to be hilarious to everyone. In fact, the response of the audience felt like most of them hadn't seen it before.

It was nice.

Back