List Your Top 10 Favorite Movies of All Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Empire Strikes Back
Commando
Rambo II
North By North West
Planes Trains And Automobiles
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom
Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan
Aliens
Total Recall
On Her Majesty's Secret Service

(No particular order)

Total Recall
Big Lewboski
Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
Ocean's 13
Big
Planes Trains and Automobiles
District 9
Rocky 1
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Trading Places

Last edited:
Seven Samurai
Vertigo
Raging Bull
Taxi Driver
Pulp Fiction
North By Northwest
Fargo
Tootsie
Midnight Cowboy
The Godfather

Goodfellas
Bladerunner
Alien
The Thing
Twelve Monkeys
Star Trek II
High Plains Drifter
Ghostbusters
Reservoir Dogs
Big Trouble in Little China

"Oh noes, folks on the Internet have different tastes, I better make a condescending comment to assert my opinion as superior!". Anybody could list old flicks with cultural significance or go deep underground. Some could even go outside of Hollywood and delve into European Cinema or Indie US Films, which are more often than not, much more daring and poignant that the most well known movies. But that wouldn't be a list of favourites, that'd a pretentious list to impress strangers on the 'net. And I'd like to think folks here have enough confidence to not submit to this tired old trope.

My 0.02 $ anyway...

Eh, I never had a hang-up with dates. A good flick is a good flick, regardless of its time of release. And more often than not, an entertaining movie will over a "better" one in my book. I can appreciate a very-well made movie for what it is, but one that's both very entertaining, and well-made, but of "worse" quality compared to the first, will win a spot in my faves list.

It's the same thing with anything, really. There are characters much deeper and complex than Batman out there, but for the sheer fact that it's Batman, he, and many other mainstream characters, will win a spot in Top 10 lists much easier than someone from an underground indie book, or from a non-US Comic Book.

:lecture All of this. I chose films that are the most meaningful to me personally - it was the honest thing to do. To anyone who may scoff at that

In fact, Total Recall is going in at number 11, how about that!

:lecture:lecture:lecture to all of that.

Most films before 1970 just do not transition well to the modern age IMO.

The Wizard of Oz may be one exception.......

But honestly the pacing of older movies leaves alot to be desired...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are many great films out there made before the 70's

The Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplin, Abbot and Costello are funnier then most modern comedies.

Frankenstein, Jason and the Argonauts, Creature from the Black Lagoon, King Kong are all great creature features.

Psycho is as great as a thriller gets

Sound of Music, West Side Story, Singing in he Rain, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers... Better then any modern musicals

Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Angles with Dirty Faces, White Heat.... Great Drama

Just my opinion of course... Having said all this... I don't know if any would even make it into my top 100 favs... I really enjoy all the movies I listed but they are not what I would call my all time fav films that I can watch over and over. Except for maybe the creature Features I listed.

Most films before 1970 just do not transition well to the modern age IMO.

This is a really sad statement.

In another generation or two, someone will say: movies before 2015 just do not translate well to the modern age.

So really, everything we're watching is just so 'now'... and not modern at all.

That's great.

I will try the formula to see if I can do it.

Question, rate the top 15 films of each Genre? What are the official genres?

Horror / Thriller
Sci Fi / Fantasy
Action / Adventure
War / Western - I put these two together because I can't come up with 15 war films.. Not that I think are 4 to 5 star worthy
Crime
Comedy
Drama
Animation

Back