List Your Top 10 Favorite Movies of All Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

guess most of you never saw a movie made before 1970..................some of these lists are a joke(i hope):slap:lol

It's a Wonderful Life
Cool Hand Luke
Planet of the Apes
To Kill a Mockingbird
2001: A Space Odyssey
Doctor Strangelove
The Graduate
Psycho
The Wizard of Oz
Casablanca

Happy?

With all of her powers, she still couldn't save her father (figure)...and none of you care! :gah:

You mean the guy she met a couple of days later, immediately got him to like her, got his ship AND the pilot's seat, plus a hug from his mourning ex-wife that she met a couple of hours earlier? That father figure? Rey Sue can go die in a ditch for all I care...

It's a Wonderful Life
Cool Hand Luke
Planet of the Apes
To Kill a Mockingbird
Doctor Strangelove
The Graduate
Psycho
The Wizard of Oz
Casablanca

Happy?

Is that real? No Kurosawa? And IMO The Graduate and PotA don't hold up today. Can't argue against the rest.

1. It's a Wonderful Life
2. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
3. Planet of the Apes
4. To Kill a Mockingbird
5. 2001: A Space Odyssey
6. Cool Hand Luke
7. The Graduate
8. Psycho
9. The Wizard of Oz
10. Casablanca

That's what a top ten would probably look like if we lived in 1970.

I think Robin Hood would be on the list too.

It's a Wonderful Life
Cool Hand Luke
Planet of the Apes
To Kill a Mockingbird
Doctor Strangelove
The Graduate
Psycho
The Wizard of Oz
Casablanca

Happy?

Pfft, what kind of weak-ass list is this? Where is Middle Eastern, Asian and European Cinema? Your Western-centric list if bad, and you should feel bad!

She'd find a way out, besides...she would beat death too.

She can't heal from a chopped head though...

292936-20024-bloodaxe.jpg

Nicholson.gif

I googled Little Queef after you said it and that was the first suggestion.

"Oh noes, folks on the Internet have different tastes, I better make a condescending comment to assert my opinion as superior!". Anybody could list old flicks with cultural significance or go deep underground. Some could even go outside of Hollywood and delve into European Cinema or Indie US Films, which are more often than not, much more daring and poignant that the most well known movies. But that wouldn't be a list of favourites, that'd a pretentious list to impress strangers on the 'net. And I'd like to think folks here have enough confidence to not submit to this tired old trope.

My 0.02 $ anyway...

Eh, I never had a hang-up with dates. A good flick is a good flick, regardless of its time of release. And more often than not, an entertaining movie will over a "better" one in my book. I can appreciate a very-well made movie for what it is, but one that's both very entertaining, and well-made, but of "worse" quality compared to the first, will win a spot in my faves list.

It's the same thing with anything, really. There are characters much deeper and complex than Batman out there, but for the sheer fact that it's Batman, he, and many other mainstream characters, will win a spot in Top 10 lists much easier than someone from an underground indie book, or from a non-US Comic Book.

:lecture All of this. I chose films that are the most meaningful to me personally - it was the honest thing to do. To anyone who may scoff at that

In fact, Total Recall is going in at number 11, how about that!

You mean the guy she met a couple of days later, immediately got him to like her, got his ship AND the pilot's seat, plus a hug from his mourning ex-wife that she met a couple of hours earlier? That father figure? Rey Sue can go die in a ditch for all I care...

Actually I don't think Rey had met Leia at all. That hug was their first meeting....as Chewbacca mopes on past.

Back