List Your Top 10 Favorite Movies of All Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture All of this. I chose films that are the most meaningful to me personally - it was the honest thing to do. To anyone who may scoff at that

In fact, Total Recall is going in at number 11, how about that!

tumblr_inline_n4wmdqVphI1qh2kpf.gif

Actually I don't think Rey had met Leia at all. That hug was their first meeting....as Chewbacca mopes on past.

...You're actually right. Well, that makes it even worse now, doesn't it? You hear that Khev? Your waifu is now even more of a Mary Sue!

Well, this has turned into an amusing thread. :lol

I chose films that are the most meaningful to me personally - it was the honest thing to do.

:goodpost: This right here. I base my favorite movies on what they mean to me personally, and not their cinematic historical significance.

:lecture All of this. I chose films that are the most meaningful to me personally - it was the honest thing to do. To anyone who may scoff at that

In fact, Total Recall is going in at number 11, how about that!

Actually I don't think Rey had met Leia at all. That hug was their first meeting....as Chewbacca mopes on past.

List expands by 1 and still no Raiders! :gah:

as jye and Wor-Gar mopes on past.

Well, this has turned into an amusing thread. :lol

:goodpost: This right here. I base my favorite movies on what they mean to me personally, and not their cinematic historical significance.

Well said!

List expands by 1 and still no Raiders! :gah:

as jye and Wor-Gar mopes on past.

I was attempting to represent a series with just one film. Notice I didn't put Alien or The Terminator on there either otherwise I would have had to bump Back to the Future or Jaws or Lethal Weapon out of my top 10 - I wanted at least some manner of diversity. :lol

Most films before 1970 just do not transition well to the modern age IMO.

The Wizard of Oz may be one exception.......

But honestly the pacing of older movies leaves alot to be desired...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess Wor-Gar stands corrected that it's not his favorite Lean then.

Lol, that's why I brought up that my fav was DZ. I'm just saying that as far as Lean goes its hard to top LOA.

Unlike say a Coppola where you can genuinely argue about which film was best with The Godfather, The Conversation, The Godfather Part II & Apocalypse Now under his belt.

Hrmm ignoring the banter for my rather idiosyncratic top ten:

1) A Clockwork Orange (that soundtrack!)
2) The Rocky Horror Picture Show
3) The Blues Brothers
4) Get Carter (Original Michael Caine version)
5) Dark City
6) The Princess Bride (you've been mostly dead all day)
7) The Man Who Fell to Earth
8) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
9) Still Crazy
10) Trainspotting

I think only picking 10 was the difficult part to be honest, I ended up picking 1 film per genre that I enjoy and even then it's not really an even spread/entirely representative of my tastes...

Like I really feel that my utter adoration for 70s dystopian stuff meant that other examples such as Threads or Soylent Green, Logans Run, Silent Running and the original Planet of the Apes franchise and the like should have had a look in, but I couldn't not include Trainspotting given how big a part of my childhood/teens that film was. Hell in the same black comedy genre The Legend of Barney Thomson is a film I enjoy far too much for what it is, the script description of the eponymous main character as looking like a "haunted tree" helps. Or the entire subgenre of vaguely melancholy British comedies. Not to mention the older classics like Butch Cassidy.

Ahem right I leave my list up for the inevitable derision!

I don't know how you guys do it, I couldn't rank my favorite movies. I'd have to spend a whole weekend just thinking about it.

Can barely rank them by genre, and I have to mix genres sometimes to do it, I'm even hesitant of using numbers.

Like...
Horror:
- Alien (Cosmic Horror)
- Rosemary's baby
- Exorcist

Action:
Nope, can't do, have to narrow it down like... Sci-Fi/Action:
- Predator
- P O W E R G A P
- Aliens

Sci-Fi: Easy
- Alien (Cosmic Horror)

Superheroes:
- The Incredibles
- P O W E R G A P
- Unbreakable???

Comedy:
- ??? Can't even start.

Thriller:
- ??? Can't even start.

Drama:
- ??? Can't even start.

I give up. This was exhausting. :thud:

I don't know how you guys do it, I couldn't rank my favorite movies. I'd have to spend a whole weekend just thinking about it.

Can barely rank them by genre, and I have to mix genres sometimes to do it, I'm even hesitant of using numbers.

Like...
Horror:
- Alien (Cosmic Horror)
- Rosemary's baby
- Exorcist

Action:
Nope, can't do, have to narrow it down like... Sci-Fi/Action:
- Predator
- P O W E R G A P
- Aliens

Sci-Fi: Easy
- Alien (Cosmic Horror)

Superheroes:
- The Incredibles
- P O W E R G A P
- Unbreakable???

Comedy:
- ??? Can't even start.

Thriller:
- ??? Can't even start.

Drama:
- ??? Can't even start.

I give up. This was exhausting. :thud:

hipster-photo.jpeg

y tho? Those are all mainstream movies.

you cant pick 10 movies out of all genres combined?

Lets say you were going to be in a hotel on an island for 2 months. you will only have access to a tv and dvd.
you get to pick 10 Movies to be able to watch................ anything you want,

you wouldn't be able to pick 10 of the best dvds to have on the trip? you would have to categorize by genre and everything?

Which films have you seen the most?

Those are probably your favorites.

You are not picking the best, just your favorites.

you cant pick 10 movies out of all genres combined?

Lets say you were going to be in a hotel on an island for 2 months. you will only have access to a tv and dvd.
you get to pick 10 Movies to be able to watch................ anything you want,

you wouldn't be able to pick 10 of the best dvds to have on the trip? you would have to categorize by genre and everything?
I can pick a bunch of movies I like and that I'm in the mood for, or rewatch a lot, they wouldn't necessarily be my favorites... I would most likely pick comfy stuff over anything I actually love or even movies I haven't watched. Your scenario isn't helping me :lol For instance, I really really love 2001, that movie makes me daydream, but it's something I can only watch like twice a year, tops, I watch ****** anime or sitcoms way more often than that but I would never in a trillion years say something like that is my favorite over 2001.

What I cannot do, is to order them by top 10, pick and choosing which one would actually surpass another :lol I break it by subgenres because it narrows it down and it's easier, not to classify them.

But in that list above I already have 8 somewhat sorted :lol so I'm not too far off.

Back