LIM Toys - Other Outlaw Guy (Outlaws of the West)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve loved all the photos, but it occurs to me I don’t think I’ve chimed in, yet. I’m ecstatic for this release and everything I’ve seen is gorgeous. Much like Arthur, I can’t say I’ll be displaying John without his hat (it just feels naked, somehow), but I’m so glad there are so many options. I also feel like, before people start lamenting all that’s missing, they should consider what these figures bring to the table and the potential for expansion. I adore the Red Dead games. They’re arguably my favorite games of all time. However, I also feel like, in terms of merchandising, they’re limited. Maybe it’s just me and maybe it’s projection on my part, but save for Sadie Adler, Dutch, and, possibly, adult Jack and/or the upgraded Red Harlow, I can’t say that I’d be clamoring for the opportunity to pre-order a Bill Williamson or Javier Escuela for $200 a pop.

Maybe some people are, but that’s just not where my priorities lie as a collector. With that being said, I think the true potential in merchandise of this nature for something like these games is…exactly what the games themselves give the players: options. Opening up Arthur and knowing I had the mid-beard sculpt in a little box already waiting or that the TB headsculpt with the alternate hat would be coming felt a lot like playing the game. This wasn’t Vito Corleone or Batman where you popped him out of the box and put him on display in his only iconic outfit. This was a figure that you could play with. I could dress him for winter, I could give him a haircut; he has a veritable armory of weapons and accessories to choose from and use with the variety of different hands he came packed with, and therein lies the potential for me.

I don’t know that I’d care to buy a Bill Williamson, but I can say I’d happily buy more options for the figures I already have and/or am getting. While cost prohibitive for John, now, I can say, as far as everything R_R_X listed above that didn’t make the cut goes? I would easily and gladly order accessory pack after accessory pack allowing me to maximize the potential for the figures I do want. Because I think sometimes we get so lost in the hype of collecting and “hyper realistic detail” that we too often neglect something equally important: fun. And these figures are probably some of the most fun I’ve had with this hobby in a long, long time.

I love it. Been working so I missed a bunch of the drops here. My only complaint is he’s not here in my collection. I think the sculpts are perfect. I’m all set to preorder 3 of these just like I did with Arthur….thank you Lim Toys! Absolutely beautiful stunning work.

Now if you’ll excuse me I need to prepare to take my wife out to dinner tonight to tell her what a wonderful, understanding, thoughtful, and beautiful person she is and roughly an hour and one bottle of wine later I can look at my phone and say, “OMG, honey would you look at that Lim Toys is making a John Marston figure….hmmmm imagine that…..Well never mind that I much rather us talk about our feelings.”

Got to put in the leg work boys….it’s a marathon not a sprint.

Well I know a lot of people will be saddened by it but poncho is a no go, we really wanted to add it but it just raised the costs a lot considering we already have a good ammount of clothes in the pack, there was also the Legendary Bear hat which I thought as cool but not as important as his main hats, there was a piece of cooked steak you could put on the knife, other things we considered but never got around to making was the worn duster from the first game and a different weapon rig and waist belt for a more accurate first game look, there was other smaller items but I can't recall them now, I think a cigarette was one of them.

As you can imagine the price of the figure with all these included would've been insanely high and we don't think some things would be worth adding as a lot of people wouldn't use them.
Thanks for the info!
It's fully understandable why it wasn't possible to add such stuff to the mix. I'm sure some of us have a high interest in some of the mentioned accessories.
Maybe you guys will release accessory packs? A set of clothing. A set of tools .. something like that.

If Dutch is really a possibility, you can always add something to him. Clothes from John or Arthur would be weird. But stuff from their camps to recreate specific scene from the game or your own imagination. Arthur has already a bunch of stuff for, if John comes with a lot of it too.. oh boy x3 cant wait for the promo pic

Well I know a lot of people will be saddened by it but poncho is a no go, we really wanted to add it but it just raised the costs a lot considering we already have a good ammount of clothes in the pack, there was also the Legendary Bear hat which I thought as cool but not as important as his main hats, there was a piece of cooked steak you could put on the knife, other things we considered but never got around to making was the worn duster from the first game and a different weapon rig and waist belt for a more accurate first game look, there was other smaller items but I can't recall them now, I think a cigarette was one of them.

As you can imagine the price of the figure with all these included would've been insanely high and we don't think some things would be worth adding as a lot of people wouldn't use them.
The poncho is probably one of the more easier items to get custom made, even the headband to match it :)

Yeah, I’m pumped for this. LimToys, with your awesome character selection, great quality and reasonable prices, y’all are keeping me in this hobby. I’ve been just about priced out since more and more mass produced figures are up to the $400 range.

Thank you for saving the hobby for me.
Another thing, because I’m so excited, I pulled Arthur back out and changed his look. Figured since we’re waiting on John, I’ll have him in his winter coat, looking for John, until he comes to my shelf.
9790C0B7-F633-4C4D-91B4-CF1D67B4C50F.jpeg

I’ve loved all the photos, but it occurs to me I don’t think I’ve chimed in, yet. I’m ecstatic for this release and everything I’ve seen is gorgeous. Much like Arthur, I can’t say I’ll be displaying John without his hat (it just feels naked, somehow), but I’m so glad there are so many options. I also feel like, before people start lamenting all that’s missing, they should consider what these figures bring to the table and the potential for expansion. I adore the Red Dead games. They’re arguably my favorite games of all time. However, I also feel like, in terms of merchandising, they’re limited. Maybe it’s just me and maybe it’s projection on my part, but save for Sadie Adler, Dutch, and, possibly, adult Jack and/or the upgraded Red Harlow, I can’t say that I’d be clamoring for the opportunity to pre-order a Bill Williamson or Javier Escuela for $200 a pop.

Maybe some people are, but that’s just not where my priorities lie as a collector. With that being said, I think the true potential in merchandise of this nature for something like these games is…exactly what the games themselves give the players: options. Opening up Arthur and knowing I had the mid-beard sculpt in a little box already waiting or that the TB headsculpt with the alternate hat would be coming felt a lot like playing the game. This wasn’t Vito Corleone or Batman where you popped him out of the box and put him on display in his only iconic outfit. This was a figure that you could play with. I could dress him for winter, I could give him a haircut; he has a veritable armory of weapons and accessories to choose from and use with the variety of different hands he came packed with, and therein lies the potential for me.

I don’t know that I’d care to buy a Bill Williamson, but I can say I’d happily buy more options for the figures I already have and/or am getting. While cost prohibitive for John, now, I can say, as far as everything R_R_X listed above that didn’t make the cut goes? I would easily and gladly order accessory pack after accessory pack allowing me to maximize the potential for the figures I do want. Because I think sometimes we get so lost in the hype of collecting and “hyper realistic detail” that we too often neglect something equally important: fun. And these figures are probably some of the most fun I’ve had with this hobby in a long, long time.

I reckon so. Accessory packs would be a big seller for this range of figures, kit bashers delight. Marston long coat has my eye already and I would like more winchester shells, the best detailed ammo I have seen. Dutch is my interest, others, time shall tell. When it is no longer fun it is time to move on.

Hope you guys consider doing a separate accessory/clothing pack for John. Would love all the things you listed that didn't make it into the base figure!

Yeah, if they do any additional sculpts, adding the poncho into an additional pack seems like good compromise.

I know I said elsewise earlier in some other thread, but I think now, I'd buy a second John, maybe in the Elegant Suit, if it came with the poncho and duster.

From what I understand, boxed figures sell better than accessory sets, so it seems like it would make sense to make a second John rather than just sell parts. After all, I'm sure LIM would rather sell a figure for $200, than some clothing items for $50. More room to make more money with a more expensive item.

I guess it really depends on what's being offered. If it's just the poncho and duster, people would probably pick that up as a clothing set, but if it includes an alternate head, you'll start to get more people wanting a build a second figure, so LIM could capitalize on that by selling the figure themselves instead of people making their own.

I don't think anybody aside from hardcore collectors and fans of JM would buy full figures dressed in different outfits from the first game.

The most feasible option at the moment is a small pack with the poncho since it seems to be the most requested thing and maybe some other stuff like the bear hat or a bearded sculpt perhaps even the black coat and chaps from the final mission on the snowy mountain but those don't have tons of demand so I don't even know if such a pack would sell well.

For what it's worth I belive the figure already offers enough clothing options to pull off a few looks and comes with some great accessories so much like the Gunslinger it will be a great figure to mess around with, change looks and recreate tons of cool poses or activities from the games.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody aside from hardcore collectors and fans of JM would buy full figures dressed in different outfits from the first game.

The most feasible option at the moment is a small pack with the poncho since it seems to be the most requested thing and maybe some other stuff like the bear hat or a bearded sculpt perhaps even the black coat and chaps from the final mission on the snowy mountain but those don't have tons of demand so I don't even know if such a pack would sell well.

For what it's worth I belive the figure already offers enough clothing options to pull off a few looks and comes with some great accessories so much like the Gunslinger it will be a great figure to mess around with, change looks and recreate tons of cool poses or activities from the games.
I have a second Arthur set up in winter gear. Guaranteed sale from me for a beard sculpt with the winter jacket. So that's at least one.

Thank you for all of your continued insight, updates and hard work on this figure. It's very much appreciated, as always.

Thank you for all of your continued insight, updates and hard work on this figure. It's very much appreciated, as always.
No problem, if you have anything you would like to see in an addtional pack let us know, same to everyone else reading this.

I think the base figure looks phenomenal thus far. I can’t speak for everyone but additional accessory packs are very appealing, at least to me. The idea of the poncho/bear hat/American Venom outfit pieces is very exciting.

Last edited:
No problem, if you have anything you would like to see in an addtional pack let us know, same to everyone else reading this.
A poncho pack with a Chloe Frazer figure as an accessory would be ideal.

Just kidding.

Once the figure goes up for pre-order and we're able to see exactly what accessories come with the figure, I'd be happy to weigh in with some suggestions. I'll echo everyone else in saying the poncho for sure. Maybe some additional weapons would be cool if they aren't too costly to produce.

I definitely want the poncho and duster coat. I'd be open to the winter outfit with the black coat and shin covers. Definitely more guns is a plus, maybe fishing rod if he doesn't already come with it we'll see. That piece of steak with the knife would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back