LIM Toys - Other Outlaw Guy (Outlaws of the West)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one talking about the sext gun twirling hand? This figure is so sick, Black Lung gets here today and I can barely contain my excitement.

chinese collectors for example hate the classic look.

I don't know a lot about Chinese collectors, but everything I've read about them makes me strongly dislike them.

They buy Neon Tech Iron Men and Porcelain Stormtroopers ... they have incredibly poor taste. :lol

Seeing the pattern in the leather goods is so awesome.

I think I mentioned this already, but I was part of John Marston custom run back in the day, and absolutely everything was done. Heads were cast and painted, clothing was tailored, we bought all the guns, and we were just waiting on the leather goods. The person that was making them broke their tool to make the leather parts, and that ended up putting the kibosh on the whole thing.

This figure has literally been 10 years in the making for me.

I always thought John had a longer face. Am I missing something in the sculpt? He looks like he has a smaller face. Any more pics?

I think in the promotional shots the texture of the sculpts don't come across as well but I really disagree with your opinion, biased I know but that fan model of JM doesn't look like him to me, more like a cosplayer who looks a bit like Hugh Jackman. :lol

Keep in mind the original model is really old and low poly and looks more like a cartoon than an actual human we tried to marry his iconic traits with a more lifelike approach instead of making it a 1:1 cartoon render.

Hopefully these pics bellow can change your mind.
View attachment 605265
View attachment 605266

And this is the 3D fan model.
View attachment 605264
That head sculpt is really good I mean really good.

Guys, don't start knitpicking over trivial things making LIMTOYS maybe having to second guess, then delaying the figure another year all because some of you think Marston is missing pimple somewhere on his face. The sculpt is perfect looking as is. Get the pre-order up! :)

I always thought John had a longer face. Am I missing something in the sculpt? He looks like he has a smaller face. Any more pics?
We used both character models as the base for the sculpts, kind of surprised with the negative response in some places so far considering lots of people got the VTS version for the horrible JM sculpt, the only thing more accurate than this is just opening the games and watching him on screen.
rrgrgtrtrt.jpg

Classic JM still very much looks like a cartoon instead of a person which I guess is throwing a lot of people off who've only played the second game or remember him from key art and beta screenshots as opposed to the final release look.

Also I will remind you that the paint on the protos is absolutely not final it will be much more detailed like our Gunslinger, unfortunately we can't do that kind of work on prototype sculpts.

I showed this to all of my friends who played RDR1 together with me in my childhood, they were amazed by it and when I showed them the "youre my brother" teaser pic they all thought it was a in-game pic. Again, the ones who are real fans of RDR know it's perfect. Thank you for making this art piece <3 and I CANNOT WAIT for the reveal!!!

This is the most accurate JM we will ever get. You nailed Arthur so did you John. Problem with modern Games is sometimes to catch the likeness. Look at the VTS versions. Please dont think that way.
There are always customers, who dislike something.

Last edited by a moderator:
such a beautiful figure does not deserve this type of slander. so excited man, please dont feel bad about the nitpicks. some folk will never be satisfied.

Yeah, I think the sculpt of the face and the details, on the leather work is, as usual, exceptional. I guess I must have missed the worst of the complaining (thankfully).

They are fine. Both look amazing and shouldn't be up for debate, I'm excited to see promo images of him put together in both outfits. And with Arthur in his new TB sculpt and Stalker Hat, I will be so happy if he also comes with the poncho and duster coat.

I cannot wait to have this pre-ordered already, JM looks perfect.
I look at the images and cannot stop thinking of the great times playing the first game. Limtoys has done the imposible by making a figure that looks even better than the previous one. Thanks a lot for the passion on this project. I'm all about the idea for an extra pack for items that didn't make the final cut

We used both character models as the base for the sculpts, kind of surprised with the negative response in some places so far considering lots of people got the VTS version for the horrible JM sculpt, the only thing more accurate than this is just opening the games and watching him on screen.
View attachment 605282
Classic JM still very much looks like a cartoon instead of a person which I guess is throwing a lot of people off who've only played the second game or remember him from key art and beta screenshots as opposed to the final release look.

Also I will remind you that the paint on the protos is absolutely not final it will be much more detailed like our Gunslinger, unfortunately we can't do that kind of work on prototype sculpts.
I just want you to know man. You guys did an amazing job with the head sculpts. I understand the feeling of working so hard on a project just to get slammed by downers. I worked really hard on my john. Spent too much money to get him to look as good as he does now, and knowing u beautiful men who made the headsculpt i could only dream of, bums me seeing you get sad over opinions of people who have zero concept of how much work it takes on a sculpt and tailor all that clothes and straps

No one talking about the sext gun twirling hand? This figure is so sick, Black Lung gets here today and I can barely contain my excitement.
Yeah that's the only thing missing from the first figure.
Gun Spinning hand for the win !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back