LIM Toys - Other Outlaw Guy (Outlaws of the West)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in the promotional shots the texture of the sculpts don't come across as well but I really disagree with your opinion, biased I know but that fan model of JM doesn't look like him to me, more like a cosplayer who looks a bit like Hugh Jackman. :lol

Keep in mind the original model is really old and low poly and looks more like a cartoon than an actual human we tried to marry his iconic traits with a more lifelike approach instead of making it a 1:1 cartoon render.

Hopefully these pics bellow can change your mind.
View attachment 605265
View attachment 605266

And this is the 3D fan model.
View attachment 605264
I thought it looked a little soft too, but these close ups quelled those concerns. It looks exceptional! Don't let the criticism get you down!

My initial impression is that JM looks good but not as good as AM. But I will wait for more photos to make a better judgment. AM and Venom Snake/Big Boss are among the best 1/6 figures so I'm confident LIM will nail this one too.

Love it!! Thing is beautiful!! 2 constructive things: the shirt is too white and his body seems to be too barrel chested.

We used both character models as the base for the sculpts, kind of surprised with the negative response in some places so far considering lots of people got the VTS version for the horrible JM sculpt, the only thing more accurate than this is just opening the games and watching him on screen.
View attachment 605282
Classic JM still very much looks like a cartoon instead of a person which I guess is throwing a lot of people off who've only played the second game or remember him from key art and beta screenshots as opposed to the final release look.

Also I will remind you that the paint on the protos is absolutely not final it will be much more detailed like our Gunslinger, unfortunately we can't do that kind of work on prototype sculpts.

So are these 2 different prototypes where you picked one for the final choice, or are you suggesting there's 2 heads in the kit?

The head from playable version of John in RDR2 had a lot of controvsery behind it. The company used Arthur's head as a base and made it look like John whereas the non playable version and of course the previous game had a different shape to it.

We also had to consider costs making 2 different weapon rigs, different clothes and so on, I wanted to add more clothing options but the costs of producing figures have raised a lot, each thing we added raised the price and we ended up cutting a lot of stuff, stuff I hope we can sell as an extra pack if there's demand for it.

Might not be old school fans cup of tea but we did try to make everyone satisfied knowing that we can never make everyone happy, I hope what's there is enough for most though.

I totally get that and I think that's really considerate of you guys, since not everyone can afford $300+ action figures. So it's definitely a plus that you're trying to keep an eye on the price! :rock Thanks for that!

I will definitely get my copy of John no matter what! Love the character! And I'm really amazed at what you did with Arthur! Most beautiful figure in my collection! I already have two versions of him standing here and I'm planning to add a third to be able to display all 3 head sculpts. They are just too incredible to only store in a box. They need to be on display! :love

And that's also why I'm totally down for an extra pack in the future after the regular release of John!!! :blissy
I just need that old school belt with the oval buckle and the duster!!! Add a couple of weapons to that and you got a nice little expansion pack! I would love that! I'd buy that anytime and I'm sure I'm not the only one!!! 😁

Looking forward to seeing more, the classic RDR1 look w/ hat would be my preferred display mode

Mine as well! It's just so iconic! It's a real shame that many fans don't seem to have played the first game... 😭 It's what started the hype for me.
It's just like MGS - I love every version of Snake and Big Boss - but the Metal Gear Solid Snake from the first PSone game is just the definitive version for me! Same here with RDR.

Either way, this is amazingly beautiful! If only Lim did also horses and saddles... I'd go for it!

So are these 2 different prototypes where you picked one for the final choice, or are you suggesting there's 2 heads in the kit?

The head from playable version of John in RDR2 had a lot of controvsery behind it. The company used Arthur's head as a base and made it look like John whereas the non playable version and of course the previous game had a different shape to it.
I have the game on PC and have a mod that restores John's npc head for his playable section. The young John posted by Lim is definitely based on the npc John head model, which is the correct one. The incorrect one console players have to to deal with with playable John is much wider in the jaw and forehead. Incorrect on the left, correct on the right, to compare to the Lim prototype young John.

Attachments

• 478-1631223027-1565223975.png
    478-1631223027-1565223975.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 478-1631375392-1102191070.png
    478-1631375392-1102191070.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I understand that Chinese collectors don't like the classic John, but I would greatly appreciate if this figure was sold with the RDR1 outfit on the figure with the RDR2 outfit as the accessories.

I suck at futzing and had a hard time with Arthur's outfit, so it would be great if the RDR1 outfit was put on the figure at the factory, so I didn't have to deal with taking the RDR2 outfit off, and putting the RDR1 outfit on.

@R_R_X
You said something about stuff you couldn't add to the figure because it would raise the price too much at the end. What stuff would that be?
Clothing? Diorama stuff? Weapons?

@R_R_X
You said something about stuff you couldn't add to the figure because it would raise the price too much at the end. What stuff would that be?
Clothing? Diorama stuff? Weapons?
Well I know a lot of people will be saddened by it but poncho is a no go, we really wanted to add it but it just raised the costs a lot considering we already have a good ammount of clothes in the pack, there was also the Legendary Bear hat which I thought as cool but not as important as his main hats, there was a piece of cooked steak you could put on the knife, other things we considered but never got around to making was the worn duster from the first game and a different weapon rig and waist belt for a more accurate first game look, there was other smaller items but I can't recall them now, I think a cigarette was one of them.

As you can imagine the price of the figure with all these included would've been insanely high and we don't think some things would be worth adding as a lot of people wouldn't use them.

Well I know a lot of people will be saddened by it but poncho is a no go, we really wanted to add it but it just raised the costs a lot considering we already have a good ammount of clothes in the pack, there was also the Legendary Bear hat which I thought as cool but not as important as his main hats, there was a piece of cooked steak you could put on the knife, other things we considered but never got around to making was the worn duster from the first game and a different weapon rig and waist belt for a more accurate first game look, there was other smaller items but I can't recall them now, I think a cigarette was one of them.

As you can imagine the price of the figure with all these included would've been insanely high and we don't think some things would be worth adding as a lot of people wouldn't use them.
What is John likely going to cost?

Why am I mostly sad about the steak that sounds epic!!!

Damnit that sucks not having the duster or poncho. I hope we can get this and a third angry or battle damaged bandana wearing sculpt in some expansion pack. I hope those are planned for both John and Arthur having various accessories and outfit choices would be nice.

Maybe we should just go back to being exited that a fig like this is being made in the first place and from a triple a company. Regardless of what it comes with, which will be plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back