Let's Get These Bad Boys ZOMG Thread!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not 'WTF' Lejuan, rather - WYGD :D

:lol :lecture

tumblr_mw2s3jGttw1qjpqono1_500.gif

I've thrown around a bit of rep lately, but yeh, I went through a long stretch where I didn't think about it. I like to throw candy at folks who miss out just from not being regulars.

Hi guys,

First time poster here :)

Just opened up this bad boy recently (it was a Christmas gift), and it is indeed glorious. Only negative is that the LED eye no longer lights up, after only turning it on briefly a few times. From my lurkings on these forums, it doesn't seem as though anyone has figured out how to wire the head to a constant power source, so I guess I'm stuck with getting replacement batteries. However, the manual states that it uses LR521 batteries, while the actual batteries I took out were LR621 batteries! Are they interchangeable, or is that some kind of typo on HT's part?

I researched battery types on Wikipedia, and it seems that these are Alkaline, and not the superior Silver-Oxide type batteries. Does that mean that the LED feature will last longer if I found the Silver-Oxide equivalents? I also read some comments about fit issues with some brands of batteries, so I'm a bit lost when it comes to where to acquire quality replacements -- I'm assuming this same consideration will affect my other HT purchases (existing and down the line), so it seems like a good noob question to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Seriously a-dev this was in a Terminator thread lol.

You're slipping man. :rotfl

:lol

Annnnd a chap called ''BringsTheAwesome'' does exactly that:

I really do not understand all the hate for the pants. I agree the ripped shorts are more iconic. I completely get that, but these shorts make way more sense to me. Plus, they'll be featured prominently in AOU. Not sure what you were expecting. HT will use the shorts the movie used. Pretty simple logic that I'm amazed so many people are missing.

I'll be picking up this bad boy. If the deluxe edition is in a reasonable price range, I'll definitely pick that version up. Another great job by Hot Toys.

Strewth, welcome Jay from Melbourne likes beef and bad boys.

Hello fellow collectors! First post from me but have been lurking on the forum for a few months now.

I don't currently have any Hot Toys figures just yet but I have finally made up my mind and courage (being prepared to splash some major $ was the hardest part with the current FX rates) to start collecting these bad boys! I was inspired by this avengers diorama I came across the internet and wanted to replicate a battle scene with some avengers figures squaring off against darth vader and an army of stormtroopers in a 4 ft fish tank :lol

My initial plan is to restrict myself to one figure a month but let's see how well I can fight off my temptation :panic:!

Back