Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One quick comment on this. Azog was the goblin leader at the battle of Moria, so that is accurate according to Tolkien's work. The difference is that Dain killed him at that battle and Azog's son Blog is the one leading the goblins at the battle of the five armies and I believe he is the one that gets to kill ____ and then gets to be killed by ____ (don't want to ruin it just in case someone hasn't read the book or PJ son how goes back to this story line).

I have loved the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings since I was 5. I got dressed up as a hobbit in elementary school for Halloween when nobody in North Florida seemed to know what a hobbit was and I did my 5th grade biography report and presentation on Tolkien. So I am about as big a fan as you can get without getting into the level of people who dress up or learn elvish or anything like that. The thing I have done from the beginning is view this trek into Middle Earth as PJ's interpretation of the story and by doing that instead of trying to pit the story and the movie against each other I have thoroughly enjoyed both. Yes there are things I might have wanted added or cut but it is his interpretation and at least for me the Lord of the Rings was very enjoyable so I'm more then willing to wait for all three to be complete before passing final judgement on the Hobbit.

Also way back when bbts first announced the pre-order of the action figures (before it became 3 movies) they had azog listed as one of the 6 inch figures. I pre-ordered him and eventually sometime after it became 3 movies they sent me the email saying the figure had been canceled.

I know. Azog isn't made up by any stretch except the battle and him being alive. I'm with ya. I compare the two mentally but I dont put them against each other.

Newsflash:

New set information
No sight of Treebeard or the Balrog but this is just as good:

Speculated Set 79009: The Witch King Battle
Minifigs: Théoden, Eowyn, Merry & With king
comes with a Fell-beast
Rumored: with horse
https://lego.wikia.com/wiki/79009_Witch-King_Battle

BRING.IT.ON

This was one of the best parts of the book for me (and <cough? the ONE scene that turned me against PJ's handling of the original trilogy). I wonder how Ninjago the FB will look though.

Also I agree on the book vs film thing. The missteps bother me more than other people I suppose, especially when they seem so arbitrary and without good explanation. I just think these extended mini sub-plots detract from the overall story, and the Azog storyline is one of them IMO. Anyway, bring on more Lego. And to the poster that said this is too deep for a Lego thread I say, HA. Lego is deep stuff my friend ;)

Oh man, if that's true (Balrog, Treebeard, Theoden, Fellbeast etc.) I'm gonna be poor.

Going into this I was like, "eh, I'll only get a the sets that have the Fellowship, make Balin's tomb then stop", but I feel compelled to get them all.

Was never really into legos until now either, just a few here and there. I can't wait to see that Fell Beast.

Well, I found Bag End at Wal-Mart today, so it looks like I'm fully into this amazing line. :D

GEDC3551_zps08fc7de4.jpg

I've got the Mines of Moria and Shelob sets on the way, so I'll be able to complete the fellowship. I plan to pick up Helms Deep and its expansion later this month. After building Bag End I'm tempted to get the rest of the Hobbit sets and complete Thorin's company since the mini-figures are so good, but I'm not all that interested in the sets, so I think I'll resist. Can't wait to see more pics of whats coming up in 2013.

Well, I found Bag End at Wal-Mart today, so it looks like I'm fully into this amazing line. :D

GEDC3551_zps08fc7de4.jpg

I've got the Mines of Moria and Shelob sets on the way, so I'll be able to complete the fellowship. I plan to pick up Helms Deep and its expansion later this month. After building Bag End I'm tempted to get the rest of the Hobbit sets and complete Thorin's company since the mini-figures are so good, but I'm not all that interested in the sets, so I think I'll resist. Can't wait to see more pics of whats coming up in 2013.

Cool pic. Those are the only 2 sets I have really wanted so far. I picked up Weathertop cheap now just need to find a deal on Bag End.

One quick comment on this. Azog was the goblin leader at the battle of Moria, so that is accurate according to Tolkien's work. The difference is that Dain killed him at that battle and Azog's son Blog is the one leading the goblins at the battle of the five armies and I believe he is the one that gets to kill ____ and then gets to be killed by ____ (don't want to ruin it just in case someone hasn't read the book or PJ son how goes back to this story line).

Thanks for the blanks.. :lol I'm still midway.

Hmm..as for the new LOTR legos.. I just saw the Republic Guship for June 2013,
and being the RG sucker that I am (i passed on the CW one though),
that'll be top priority for this year.

Any left over Lego funds will go to LOTR sets. :yess:

That witch-king set is nice, but I guess I'll go for the ones with the main characters first:
Corsair and Black gate

Just want to say, i'm playing the Lego LOTR game i got for xmas and the company have just left Rivendell, and i haven't had so much fun since biscuits. :lecture

Just want to say, i'm playing the Lego LOTR game i got for xmas and the company have just left Rivendell, and i haven't had so much fun since biscuits. :lecture

Best Lego game ever IMO. Wait until you can free roam and use Sauron all over.

Yeah, you get him in a bonus level along with the Mouth of Sauron. :rock

I thought of you when I went to buy him. :lol if you do that you can free play as him.

Back