Kotobukiya Magneto (possibly Danger Room Sessions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GREAT PICS Drakul! Congrats on your new pick up. What an excellent statue.

Wow cool pix thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys! He's very easy to photograph I must say.

Did you guys turn into a kid too when the box came? That's by far my favorite piece in my entire house right now. Just a certain elegance to him.

Not exactly cause I never (yet) read an X-Men comic :monkey3
However the statue blew me away just like the Spiderman Unleashed did.

Wow cool pix thanks for sharing!

Eric, you are the reason of this insanity!! Even though I feeling a bit down by your anounced departure from Koto in the next two years, I am happy and very excited for you. I can't wait to get the next fine art statues in the pipeline. Cheers!!!!:hi5:

Eric, you are the reason of this insanity!! Even though I feeling a bit down by your anounced departure from Koto in the next two years, I am happy and very excited for you. I can't wait to get the next fine art statues in the pipeline. Cheers!!!!:hi5:

I got a feeling we're gonna get some great work in those two years. Erick, I know you got all the kids running around like myself but I hope they make you push out like 20 characters lol.

Drakul, did you notice that Sosa was the one that complimented your photos? :wink1:

By the way, great photos. :)

No I hadn't realized that! Thanks Eric!

I will say this. Eric and his Koto sculpts is the reason I'm debating dropping SSC for Marvel and focusing with the Fine Art line instead so I'm a bit torn to learn he's leaving Kotobukiya.
I had hopes that they would expand on this line greatly.

No I hadn't realized that! Thanks Eric!

I will say this. Eric and his Koto sculpts is the reason I'm debating dropping SSC for Marvel and focusing with the Fine Art line instead so I'm a bit torn to learn he's leaving Kotobukiya.
I had hopes that they would expand on this line greatly.

I am too but one this is for sure, the next two years are going to be epic!! Whatever Koto releases from Sosa is going to become an automatic "grail" after his departure (we already see the signs). He will concentrate heavily in his company Prototypez and it would be a matter of time until the licenses start to pour in (Marvel, DC, etc). Whatever he touches is gold and all the franchises know that. ;)

Also, Bowen pieces are getting better and better (a fact of Koto's fierce competition). The statues from these two companies combine pretty well with each other so there is no lack of options for any display. I am a proud owner of many 1/6 scale pieces and I don't see the need to go back to Sideshow for the time being. :)

You make very valid points.
The next 2 years are going to be fun and I do agree that Bowen is really gearing up nicely, Action Thor is awesome and I plan to get Strike Down Thor.

Prototypez though I though was mostly a model kit company? I remember seeing a street fighter one a while back.

You make very valid points.
The next 2 years are going to be fun and I do agree that Bowen is really gearing up nicely, Action Thor is awesome and I plan to get Strike Down Thor.

Prototypez though I though was mostly a model kit company? I remember seeing a street fighter one a while back.

Yes, Prototypez is mainly a model kit company with Street Fighter as their first big budget franchise. They also offer the option of finished products (fully assembled and painted) for a substantial fee. They also connect you with professional painters and customizers (many of them are members of this forum) that will do the Job according to your specifications. These kits are top of the line because they are made of high quality resin instead of the cheaper polystone. They are durable and heavy. You cannot find better products than these on the market today, unless you go the private commissions route. Because the company is relatively small, they cannot offer the same service as Sideshow, Bowen or Koto. Mainly, they rely on pre-orders of their kits with small number quantities. The price of these kits runs around $200 and $250. Add another $250 to $300 if you decide to pay someone else to finish it for you. They are not cheap yet but as the company grows, the prices will go down.

Like I said before, it would be matter of time until Erick and his team get the Marvel and DC licenses, that by the way are very expensive, or they get the funding to do so. There are plenty of investors on this industry that are dying to go on business with Sosa; it is money in the bank!! :yess:

Last edited:
I can only hope that in these 2 years Erick can make it to the opening of Avengers 2 because his work during that time will put him over the top. Now I'm sure we've read on how "cheap" Marvel can be but the press his pieces will receive during that time will go through the roof. TO THE MOON!

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Fine-Art-Statue-MAGNETO/dp/B005GYSN0O/ref=sr_1_813?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1373500879&sr=1-813&keywords=kotobukiya[/ame]

2 for $299 left.

What is this thing going for now anyways? I had a chance to buy it a year ago but pass at the time. What was retail compare to now?

Back