Kotobukiya Magneto (possibly Danger Room Sessions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdeaOfEvil

Super Freak
Reaction score
248237_226150440734693_137679822915089_1038829_925045_n.jpg

This was posted on their Facebook page on 5/20. There's no mention of it being a Danger Room Session piece, but they have confirmed that the same sculptor of the other statues is working on it (Erick Sosa).

It's too early to tell, but since the base looks it has no reason to light up maybe Koto is trying to save money by eliminating the electronic aspect plus charging a higher premium for these (see Gambit price).

We'll see :dunno

I had high hopes for the x-force x-23...until I saw the in hand pics...
Koto has yet to impress me so far. I think the sculpts look cool, its the factory paint apps which seem to stray.

I want to see if there will be a change-o-head, it looks promising in the sketch.

Gonk has said on Statueforum that there will be a change of head helmeted/unhelmeted version.
I can't wait to see the sculpt for this one!

I had high hopes for the x-force x-23...until I saw the in hand pics...
Koto has yet to impress me so far. I think the sculpts look cool, its the factory paint apps which seem to stray.

hoping for Colossus to turn out awesome *prays*

I'm definitely interested in this one. I've been wanting a good Magneto statue for a while, but nothing Bowen or Sideshow have done has really grabbed me yet. I love Lee's take on Magneto, so as long as the finished product turns out alright this will be an easy purchase for me.

What's the price tag on these and what scale? I see a lot of threads started on them and visually, I'm REALLY impressed with how this line is turning out. I probably won't ever buy one, BUT I really love the style and detail they put into these.

This thing looks awesome.I wish it was 1/4 and from sideshow.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6jsLGzvagw"]‪SDCC 2011 - Kotobukiya Danger Room Statues Gambit Magneto Warpath X-23‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

This thing looks awesome.I wish it was 1/4 and from sideshow.

:haha I wanted to post right that as soon as I saw this thread. I love the pose, and even the sculpt looks great, but it just doesn't belong to the PF collection I'm trying to bring together.

I hope Sideshow makes one simlilar eventually.

Back