Is the Kotobukiya Danger Room Sessions line dead?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdeaOfEvil

Super Freak
Reaction score
(currently released - Wolverine; Psylocke; Colossus; Gambit; Magneto)
kotocover2.jpg

With Magneto released, Rogue and Sabretooth still cancelled, and no news about anything new (whether it be a confirmed character or just a confirmed release), is this line officially dead?

I picked up a Gambit yesterday that had been waiting for me at a comic shop Since November, and the paint application was pretty good. And then I'm looking at reviews for Magneto, and he seems to be leaps and bounds beyond any problems that, say, Psylocke had with her paint app, and I'm kinda bummed that the line seems dead now.

Anyone have any word on what's the status with the Danger Room Sessions concepts?

Last edited:
Far from dead. It's been confirmed several times by a Koto rep that we'd be getting more X-Men characters ;)

And Cyke has been confirmed by sculptor Erick Sosa

Hi all quick question is this or sideshows PF of psylocke better in terms of quality and paint apps .... Is it heavy as well ??

I prefer Koto's sculpt because it's closer to the Psylocke I know and love.

But in terms of overall quality Sideshow's PF is definitely better (if you get a good one)

Yeah I kinda prefer psylockes sculpt and especially the dynamic pose ... What is she made of ?

Hi all quick question is this or sideshows PF of psylocke better in terms of quality and paint apps .... Is it heavy as well ??

You've got a double edge sword here. Sideshow's build is always superior (paint - well there are problems with the latest Psylocke release, materials, size, etc) where as Koto is offering fans the exact sculpt that they want of her (Jim Lee's version). Koto's problem is that their paint app on her is crap and the novelty light up the base is dumb (the base looks cool, though).

I want to stick with the Koto versions just because they are offering the exact sculpt I want and doing them in scale with each other unlike Sideshow who kinda just give you whatever and even make last minute changes without telling already pre-paid fans.

You've got a double edge sword here. Sideshow's build is always superior (paint - well there are problems with the latest Psylocke release, materials, size, etc) where as Koto is offering fans the exact sculpt that they want of her (Jim Lee's version). Koto's problem is that their paint app on her is crap and the novelty light up the base is dumb (the base looks cool, though).

I want to stick with the Koto versions just because they are offering the exact sculpt I want and doing them in scale with each other unlike Sideshow who kinda just give you whatever and even make last minute changes without telling already pre-paid fans.

QFT

One thing's for sure, for the same price I'd rather get Koto's Psylocke and have it repainted than spend my money on the PF

Hmmm interesting looks like I'll have to look at the statues in person .... Thank a local shop has both on display :D but I'm gunning for koto version I really prefer the sculpt/look and the pose better.....

Who's actually been released so far? I believe just Gambit & Psylocke, right?
Any pictures of Rogue, Wolverine, or any other un-released statues?

I don't understand why he's sculpting it since x-force wolverine has already been done

Anyway I'm excited about this one too. I'd prefer the brown version though

Back