Kotobukiya Magneto (possibly Danger Room Sessions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was around $200 but I pay $175 for mine (I always shop around for the best deal). If you can find it between $300 to $350, I would say; go for it. It is well worth the money and will continue to go up in price.

Thanks guys.. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled. How much was this statue at retail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This statue retailed for $210. So if you see it for $250-$300 shipped, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. I've seen him go for around $300 on the bay recently. Keep an eye on the forums as well. You won't be sorry if you pick him up.

Last edited:
I realized I forgot to post my repaint here!

Hey guys!

As some of you may already know I've always been a huge Jim Lee X-Men fan.
Being a kid of the 90s, those are the X-Men I grew up with and thanks to Erick Sosa and the nice folks over at Kotobukiya us collectors have the opportunity to have those characters in 3D form on our shelves.

When Koto announced this piece 2-3 years ago I was over the moon. It's like Mags litterally jumped out of X-Men #1.
But the color scheme, even for the prototype seemed wrong. I couldn't paint at the time but I knew that this sculpt needed to have the flashy colors Magneto used to have in the early 90s.

So here's my take on the character!

The factory paintjob was stripped down using acetone.
The unmasked head was painted in Garage Kits fleshtones, Bronze Flesh mostly.
For the suit I used Tamiya Clear Red over Chrome Silver.
The purple is Pearlized Purple from Createx.

The base and flying metal parts were repainted too.

All right, time for some pics!

Did a video too ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfxdNy0uc_E

Thanks for watching!

Awesome repaint!:clap

Hey.. Is anyone willing to sell the helmeted sculpt? There is an ebay bid for this item but the helmet sculpt is damaged and that's the only one I really want to use.

Wow awesome repaint Dark_Spidey!!! (as usual) Great vivid colors!

This says it right here! What a difference!:

It's been hard holding of getting this!

I love the new XM Mags but this statue hangs right with it. You are right Royce, this piece is just about impossible to pick up at a reasonable price anymore. I'm lucky enough to own it and I'm glad I don't have to hunt one down because it would be a MUST have piece for my 1/6 scale collection.

Yeah I know because I've been looking!.. and crying! lol While amazing I just cant part with $600 for a 1/6 scale statue. Some collectors on here seemingly print their own money but I'm not one of them! That XM Mags is incredible too! I don't collect 1/4 scale but I've started to seriously consider that and Wolverine. I'm a detolf man so I have no idea where I would put them!

Yeah I know because I've been looking!.. and crying! lol While amazing I just cant part with $600 for a 1/6 scale statue. Some collectors on here seemingly print their own money but I'm not one of them! That XM Mags is incredible too! I don't collect 1/4 scale but I've started to seriously consider that and Wolverine. I'm a detolf man so I have no idea where I would put them!

Well, if you don't mixing scales, most 1/4 statues can usually fit on top of detolfs. However, be warned, once you start down the 1/4 path, you'll need to start printing money. :lol Good luck scoring a Koto Mags at a price you can live with. He's a very special piece.

Back